TForce | One Seniority List from Two.....How

roadrnnr2007

TB Lurker
Credits
Been informed my terminal now has one seniority list, from two, City and Road.

(d). For full-time employees there shall be two seniority lists, “local cartage” and “over-the road.”

Just happened last week.

How does this happen when it specifically says in the contract there will be two.

I am new and this is all new to me and I am trying to understand it all, but as far as I can tell this is not a good thing for me at the bottom looking up.

(d). For full-time employees there shall be two seniority lists, “local cartage” and “over-the road.”

Just happened last week.

How does this happen when it specifically says in the contract there will be two.

I am new and this is all new to me and I am trying to understand it all, but as far as I can tell this is not a good thing for me at the bottom looking up.

The job classifications will stay the same, including seniority within the classification. The difference here is that once a year, on Jan. 15th, you will be able to bid in any classification and your master seniority (hire date) follows you. So an example of this is if you were a road driver who wanted to go into the city, dock, hostler etc.., you would fall into that classifications seniority spot and not to the bottom like the old stupid way. Basically this is the way seniority should work. You worked it, you earned it and no one should be able to take it away!!!:1036316054:

Our back asked us if we wanted 1 list or 2 and the decision was ours, we went with 2, he said some smaller terminals will only have 1 list.

The whole North East will be one list, this is something we have asked for in the suppliments, but it also is fair in time of layoff, the bottom men go first period. The senior men pick what they want within the lists at time of bid.

The whole North East will be one list, this is something we have asked for in the suppliments, but it also is fair in time of layoff, the bottom men go first period. The senior men pick what they want within the lists at time of bid.

WOW!!!!SENIORITY rules, What a concept!:1036316054:

Just happened last week.

I don't know what your terminal is doing right now regarding seniority lists. As it stands the contract is exactly the way it is supposed to be. When the local work rules (seniority lists ect.) are finalized and agreed upon (supplements) These new rules will override any language in the contract. Here in New England we have been told that one list has been agreed to and will take effect January 1st.

One list or two lists only matters if you're the senior most driver on one list and there are several more senior drivers on the other list who wish to cross over. Other than that, it really doesn't matter that much. If you're in the middle of the board, no matter what, you'll be in the middle of the board when you decide to go city or road. And if more people go to one board, then you will either drop on that board or you will gain a better position on the other board.

I wasn't really for this in the past, but now hope that this comes to the midwest as well. It's truly the most fair system. At our terminal, we have road drivers with 6 years who do not get regular work, yet city drivers with 6 months are working 60 hours.

Just happened last week.

One (1) Line Seniority - is part of the Northeast Work Rules.

Which Includes the Following Terminals:

1. Portland, ME
2. Manchester, NH
3. Stoneham, MA
4. Southboro, MA
5. Springfield, MA
6. Providence, RI
7. Wallingford, CT

These Terminals will be subject to One (1) Seniority List (Master List).

There will be One (1) Annual Bid (a Master Bid - inclusive of All Road, City, Hostler and Dock Bids and Start Times Associated)

To be Bid Upon - in Seniority Order - in accordance to the One Line Seniority List - Referenced Above.

With the First to Happen this Month - with an Effective Date of January 1st. 2009

Anyone Taking a Road Bid Will be Required to Fulfill that Bid for One (1) Year!

If Unable to Fulfill this Obligation - the Affected Employee will be Allowed to Return to the City (pending Company and Union Approval) Yet, Will be Forced to the Bottom of the City List - until the City List is Placed Up for Re-Bid (see below)

Once this Annual Bid has been Completed...

The End Result will be Two (2) Classification Lists (Road and City)

The City List will be Allowed to Re-Bid - In Six (6) Months! (City, Hostlers and Dock - Only)

Although, Not Required.

Also, the Company Is Permitted to Re-Bid the City (Only) as Often and as Needed to Accommodate Changes in Volume of Freight and Customer Needs.

1. Portland, ME
2. Manchester, NH
3. Stoneham, MA
4. Southboro, MA
5. Springfield, MA
6. Providence, RI
7. Wallingford, CT

There will be One (1) Annual Bid (a Master Bid - inclusive of All Road, City, Hostler and Dock Bids and Start Times Associated)

To be Bid Upon - in Seniority Order - in accordance to the One Line Seniority List - Referenced Above.

With the First to Happen this Month - with an Effective Date of January 1st. 2009

If Unable to Fulfill this Obligation - the Affected Employee will be Allowed to Return to the City (pending Company and Union Approval) Yet, Will be Forced to the Bottom of the City List - until the City List is Placed Up for Re-Bid (see below)

The City List will be Allowed to Re-Bid - In Six (6) Months! (City, Hostlers and Dock - Only)

Although, Not Required.

Also, the Company Is Permitted to Re-Bid the City (Only) as Often and as Needed to Accommodate Changes in Volume of Freight and Customer Needs.
Thanks for all the info. you share. Where did you get these northeast rules?

1. Portland, ME
2. Manchester, NH
3. Stoneham, MA
4. Southboro, MA
5. Springfield, MA
6. Providence, RI
7. Wallingford, CT

Although, Not Required.

The road board should be allowed to bid every six months just like the city board! I don't care, I am a fair weather driver.:hysterical:

Hey Nik. What is the likelihood that this could be adopted at other terminals and what would have to happen to get it included in our local work rules. Speaking of which, does the northeast have theirs completed already? I have not heard one word about ours and what is going to be in them.

one lsit

Our back asked us if we wanted 1 list or 2 and the decision was ours, we went with 2, he said some smaller terminals will only have 1 list.

one list is the only way to go that way if they lay off it is from the bottom up and not by classifacation....my 2 cents:1036316054:

Hey Nik. What is the likelihood that this could be adopted at other terminals and what would have to happen to get it included in our local work rules. Speaking of which, does the northeast have theirs completed already? I have not heard one word about ours and what is going to be in them.

I don't see any reason at all - why this would be a possibility elsewhere...

Perhaps this is already in the works - at other locals...

If You do want it... And the majority of Your terminal is in favor... Contact Your BA and discuss it.

I don't believe that every detail has been negotiated for Our Supplement... although, I think We are close... may-be January...

one list is the only way to go that way if they lay off it is from the bottom up and not by classifacation....my 2 cents:1036316054:

Not only that...

God forbid something happen to Our Health...

And We are not able to drive anymore...

Instead of being out of a job (like it is now)...

The Company will have to accommodate... allowing the affected employee to continue working!