TForce | One Seniority List from Two.....How

I don't see any reason at all - why this would be a possibility elsewhere...

Perhaps this is already in the works - at other locals...

If You do want it... And the majority of Your terminal is in favor... Contact Your BA and discuss it.

I don't believe that every detail has been negotiated for Our Supplement... although, I think We are close... may-be January...

I agree and have heard the same.:1036316054:

past practice at our terminal is 2 lists. one road-one city. It will remain that way. Vacation will be done by company seniority in each class., or transfer date into the terminal.

Been informed my terminal now has one seniority list, from two, City and Road.

(d). For full-time employees there shall be two seniority lists, “local cartage” and “over-the road.”

Just happened last week.

How does this happen when it specifically says in the contract there will be two.

I am new and this is all new to me and I am trying to understand it all, but as far as I can tell this is not a good thing for me at the bottom looking up.

OK! I'll bite. If this is true it will get corrected.:TR10driving03:

I really think with the layoffs,cut runs and cut backs,there should be one seniority list.
This would eliminate laying off the wrong employees making things quite clear..
I also believe the rebid process would take care of it's self.
Have A Wonderful Day!
Karen :1036316054:

past practice at our terminal is 2 lists. one road-one city. It will remain that way. Vacation will be done by company seniority in each class., or transfer date into the terminal.

This has always been the procedure for the many,many years I worked for "O" The problem I had with this was that when they cut or terminated road runs, The bottom road drivers were forced to the bottom of the city list. I always felt that when a road driver was forced out of his position that he should have been able to take his seniority with him. I have seen many times where the road driver that was forced to the bottom city board never get any work regardless of how much company time he had. If a driver was hired for the city and only had 6 months company time the forced drivers 5,10,20,30 years meant nothing. I never had a problem with this procedure if it was a voluntary move but being forced into the city with no seniority, I had a big problem with this. Remember, times are tough right now. Runs will be cut and road drivers will be forced into the city. One list is the way to go.:1036316054:

I really think with the layoffs,cut runs and cut backs,there should be one seniority list.
This would eliminate laying off the wrong employees making things quite clear..
I also believe the rebid process would take care of it's self.
Have A Wonderful Day!
Karen :1036316054:

No Doubt!!!!
And we will see some runs being cut and some layoffs in the near future. One Company, One Union, One List.:1036316054:

This has always been the procedure for the many,many years I worked for "O" The problem I had with this was that when they cut or terminated road runs, The bottom road drivers were forced to the bottom of the city list. I always felt that when a road driver was forced out of his position that he should have been able to take his seniority with him. I have seen many times where the road driver that was forced to the bottom city board never get any work regardless of how much company time he had. If a driver was hired for the city and only had 6 months company time the forced drivers 5,10,20,30 years meant nothing. I never had a problem with this procedure if it was a voluntary move but being forced into the city with no seniority, I had a big problem with this. Remember, times are tough right now. Runs will be cut and road drivers will be forced into the city. One list is the way to go.:1036316054:

The contract says three lists. Road-city-casual. Everyone knew when they bid on a road job that they took the chance that if the job was cut they would go to the bottom of the city seniority. That is the way it has always been. It is a risk you take by going to a bottom job road run. Many have passed up road runs that were newly bid, just because they didn't want to risk the chance that it would be cut and they would go to the bottom of the city board.
The contract plainly address this issue in the layoffs section, so unless you are going to renegotiate the contract, I don't see how a one list will fly?

The contract says three lists. Road-city-casual. Everyone knew when they bid on a road job that they took the chance that if the job was cut they would go to the bottom of the city seniority. That is the way it has always been. It is a risk you take by going to a bottom job road run. Many have passed up road runs that were newly bid, just because they didn't want to risk the chance that it would be cut and they would go to the bottom of the city board.
The contract plainly address this issue in the layoffs section, so unless you are going to renegotiate the contract, I don't see how a one list will fly?

Its called Local work rules and supplements. Anything agreed upon between UPS and the Teamsters will supersede the language in the contract. For New England, the one list has been agreed to and will begin in January. And yes I understand what the contract says regarding the same rule as "O" had. I bid on the Road 27 years ago and I am still here. I just couldn't bid into the city with my 27 years company time and watch a new hire with two weeks company time get the work before me.

That is the way it has always been. It is a risk you take by going to a bottom job road run. Many have passed up road runs that were newly bid, just because they didn't want to risk the chance that it would be cut and they would go to the bottom of the city board.

Just because it has always been that way doesn't mean it was the best way. We should work to improve all areas, just as we have with our pay.

And when you're talking about your seniority (something that you have worked 10, 20 or 30 years to attain) and your paycheck, nothing should be left to "risk". A man who has worked here for 27 years should be given the ability to choose between working days or nights, road or city without losing the credit for his 27 years. And under no circumstance should a man who has worked less time be given preference over work to a man who has put more time in with the company.

Consider this. Perhaps for his first 20 years the road was the right place to be for a given driver. Now maybe health concerns for him or his wife requires that he work days. He should have that option without having to go to the bottom of the board. Or maybe you have a city driver who cannot get in and out of the truck well enough and cannot physically keep up with the grind of the city. Shouldn't his seniority be respected as well when he crosses over to the road so that he can continue working? Maybe one of these two scenarios will be you one day. What would you think of it then?

Just because it has always been that way doesn't mean it was the best way. We should work to improve all areas, just as we have with our pay.

And when you're talking about your seniority (something that you have worked 10, 20 or 30 years to attain) and your paycheck, nothing should be left to "risk". A man who has worked here for 27 years should be given the ability to choose between working days or nights, road or city without losing the credit for his 27 years. And under no circumstance should a man who has worked less time be given preference over work to a man who has put more time in with the company.

Consider this. Perhaps for his first 20 years the road was the right place to be for a given driver. Now maybe health concerns for him or his wife requires that he work days. He should have that option without having to go to the bottom of the board. Or maybe you have a city driver who cannot get in and out of the truck well enough and cannot physically keep up with the grind of the city. Shouldn't his seniority be respected as well when he crosses over to the road so that he can continue working? Maybe one of these two scenarios will be you one day. What would you think of it then?

Thats exactly what Im talking about!:1036316054:

Clearly, this issue can not be dealt with in the same manner nation wide, and appears to be a prime example, in-support of individual contract supplements.

Anyone who has a problem with this is worried about a more senior driver getting something over them. Perhaps you are number 2 out of 20 road drivers and you're worried about the six city drivers who have more company time than you bumping you out of that position. Or you're a city driver with 5 months and you're worried about road drivers bumping you to the road. No matter what, you're concerned about a more senior driver and you think some rule should give you preference over them. That's just wrong and you should really examine why you have a problem with a one board system.

It's all about seniority and you taking your rightful place in regard to what work you do. We all have to pay our dues and those at the top have already.

Anyone who has a problem with this is worried about a more senior driver getting something over them. Perhaps you are number 2 out of 20 road drivers and you're worried about the six city drivers who have more company time than you bumping you out of that position. Or you're a city driver with 5 months and you're worried about road drivers bumping you to the road. No matter what, you're concerned about a more senior driver and you think some rule should give you preference over them. That's just wrong and you should really examine why you have a problem with a one board system.

It's all about seniority and you taking your rightful place in regard to what work you do. We all have to pay our dues and those at the top have already.

Exactly, And although "O" had alway's had this type of seniority list, It was never fair. I think that bidding on a run whether its City or Road with your company seniority once a year is completely fair and should have been done this way all a long.

The two list system has been in place since I have been at this company, and I am fine with it. You all voted on the contract and it has a 2 list system. you want to change it, go ahead and try, I would not support it.

The two list system has been in place since I have been at this company, and I am fine with it. You all voted on the contract and it has a 2 list system. you want to change it, go ahead and try, I would not support it.

We already did change it in New England. Its part of our work rules and supplements. The majority one the vote.:1036316054: