TForce | One Seniority List from Two.....How

There is something that you don't understand. Along with every contract comes local work rules and supplements. Local as in the area that you work. Anything voted on and excepted will supersede the language in the contract. This is standard union business.

No sir. There is something u don't understand and that is we are not part of a standard union. We are part of UPS' UNION. Before we voted to ratify our contract in May 08 Local 612 president Donnie West said no ryders to the contract shall be accepted. Only small differences based upon your region will be permitted. As he then reference ONE COMPANY, ONE UNION, ONE CONTRACT. Oh yeah RETIRE.:chairshot:

By the way BusterNite what part of New England are u from anyway? I was talking to Newburg drivers in ATL and they said the only barn the know using one board is somewhere around Maine and they have maybe 10 employees.

By the way BusterNite what part of New England are u from anyway? I was talking to Newburg drivers in ATL and they said the only barn the know using one board is somewhere around Maine and they have maybe 10 employees.

First of all there is no terminal in the northeast that only has 10 employees, #2, ONE COMPANY, ONE CONTRACT, ONE UNION. Was created in referance to the turmoil the union saw prior to the contract and was nothing more then a organizing slogan.

Buster is repeating no bull, the "ONE LIST" is happening, and is in effect now.

No sir. There is something u don't understand and that is we are not part of a standard union. We are part of UPS' UNION. Before we voted to ratify our contract in May 08 Local 612 president Donnie West said no ryders to the contract shall be accepted. Only small differences based upon your region will be permitted. :duh: As he then reference ONE COMPANY, ONE UNION, ONE CONTRACT. Oh yeah RETIRE.

You even heard it right from the horses mouth...

Sounds like Local Work Rules to Me... :smilie_132:

Suppliments! Are u forgeting ONE UNION, ONE COMPANY, ONE CONTRACT. We rattified THIS contract so live with until 2013. I bet by then the majority of people supporting one senority bids will be RETIRED.

Oh yeah RETIRE.:chairshot:

BusterNite... I don't think that the ovntguy appreciates Your 27 years of service... or is he just Jealous of Your Seniority?

Hey ovntguy... This isn't Overnite - Anymore!

Whether or not You agree with the One Line Seniority List or not... Seniority Does Exist!

By not accepting and or adopting the One Line Seniority understanding - it is not in violation of Our contract...

Although, the unfortunate part about this is: that it Is in Direct Violation of Seniority and the Benefits and Protection that that Time of Service should bring!

This Protection will not be fully understood - until an affected employee isn't able to exercise his / her Seniority Rights when Needed and the Necessity becomes Relevant!

I for one do not think a single seniority list would be a good thing. Since it has never been past practice and is not part of the contract.:clap:

I for one do not think a single seniority list would be a good thing. Since it has never been past practice and is not part of the contract.:clap:

Just because things were done one way for years does'nt make it right or the best way. This will work for most, you may be at the bottom of the list now but, you will get your time at the top as people retire. Everyone has to "PAY THEIR DUES". Thats life and also fair.:1036316054:

No sir. There is something u don't understand and that is we are not part of a standard union. We are part of UPS' UNION. Before we voted to ratify our contract in May 08 Local 612 president Donnie West said no ryders to the contract shall be accepted. Only small differences based upon your region will be permitted. As he then reference ONE COMPANY, ONE UNION, ONE CONTRACT. Oh yeah RETIRE.:chairshot:

New one line seniority lists are being posted now. January 15 we bid the whole barn. Take what ever job we want with our seniority.

What part don't I understand????????

BusterNite... I don't think that the ovntguy appreciates Your 27 years of service... or is he just Jealous of Your Seniority?

Whether or not You agree with the One Line Seniority List or not... Seniority Does Exist!

By not accepting and or adopting the One Line Seniority understanding - it is not in violation of Our contract...

Although, the unfortunate part about this is: that it Is in Direct Violation of Seniority and the Benefits and Protection that that Time of Service should bring!

This Protection will not be fully understood - until an affected employee isn't able to exercise his / her Seniority Rights when Needed and the Necessity becomes Relevant!

Im not feeling the brotherly love.:hysterical:

Protection that time of service should bring is the problem here. If u wouldn't have spent 30 years in the city, then decided to come to the road and want to be #1 on the road board, we wouldn't even be talking about this. Everybody keeps talking about how great a company Overnite was to work for. The bid process has worked for many a years by class. But like i said GREED and PRIDE (ie. I'm #1) has clouded your view of what is right. U made the decision to stay in the city for sooo long. U had the same opportunity as everyone else to come to the road. But u didn't. So take some responsibility for the decisions u have made. Or maybe just retire.

Protection that time of service should bring is the problem here. If u wouldn't have spent 30 years in the city, then decided to come to the road and want to be #1 on the road board, we wouldn't even be talking about this. Everybody keeps talking about how great a company Overnite was to work for. The bid process has worked for many a years by class. But like i said GREED and PRIDE (ie. I'm #1) has clouded your view of what is right. U made the decision to stay in the city for sooo long. U had the same opportunity as everyone else to come to the road. But u didn't. So take some responsibility for the decisions u have made. Or maybe just retire.

I am going to retire, But Im going to bump a few people first.:hysterical:

Some day you to may have the #1 slot, dont you think you should have the same choice after this many years of seniority? Someone, somehow, should reap the bennies. Whats fair is fair.

..Rome was not built in a day...

Some day you to may have the #1 slot, don't you think you should have the same choice after this many years of seniority? Someone, somehow, should reap the bennies. Whats fair is fair.

..I have always had a problem with our seniority but we must understand until it effects you its easy to say what is fair/unfair..