TForce | One Seniority List from Two.....How

Suppliments! Are u forgeting ONE UNION, ONE COMPANY, ONE CONTRACT. We rattified THIS contract so live with until 2013. I bet by then the majority of people supporting one senority bids will be RETIRED.

Suppliments! Are u forgeting ONE UNION, ONE COMPANY, ONE CONTRACT. We rattified THIS contract so live with until 2013. I bet by then the majority of people supporting one senority bids will be RETIRED.

There is something that you don't understand. Along with every contract comes local work rules and supplements. Local as in the area that you work. Anything voted on and excepted will supersede the language in the contract. This is standard union business.

The contract says three lists. Road-city-casual. Everyone knew when they bid on a road job that they took the chance that if the job was cut they would go to the bottom of the city seniority. That is the way it has always been. It is a risk you take by going to a bottom job road run. Many have passed up road runs that were newly bid, just because they didn't want to risk the chance that it would be cut and they would go to the bottom of the city board.
The contract plainly address this issue in the layoffs section, so unless you are going to renegotiate the contract, I don't see how a one list will fly?

A suppliment, or an addendum supercedes the contract. Now our concearn at this point is the wrighting put in place with the one list, and how it effects us.

No i'm a jockey we where told there has to be a spot open to bumb. Then they had to have a cdl to bumb.

No i'm a jockey we where told there has to be a spot open to bumb. Then they had to have a cdl to bumb.

One list means that once a year all bid jobs are up for bid. You take what ever position you want with your seniority. Once you take the bid, You own it until next bid. We will start our one list bid on January 15th. Yes, if the job requires a cdl you must have one to take the bid.

Get a cdl bump a city driver they were told they cannot bump us. Or back to the dock get a daylight bid.

No where road city jockey dock. But i"m working that's all that matters.

You are part of "local cartage" with that being said, when you bid again in "Local Cartage" which is usually within an operational change, all bids are open , and like buster said you go where your seniority takes you.

If you meet the requirements needed to perform the bid you want, and your seniority takes you there, you can bump the person in the bid originally, out of it.

This is S.O.P. in the eastern region. Most of these barns,with the exception of HRS and a couple of others have fewer than 50 employees. CHW has 34 ! Keep the Faith .