TForce | Open Invitation to UPSF from APWA

Boats said:
Busternite that has been a question in my mind. What happens to the nightliner? If the whole company were to go union. Will they have it in the contract? Or will they be forced to do away with it?
It is just my opinion that we would have a similar contract to NMFA but seperate with in ups so that the company can some what run its operation the way that they have been. Night Liner ect. Only the agreed apon contract will tell if Night Liner will still exsist. I believe it will.

BusterNite said:
Only the agreed apon contract will tell if Night Liner will still exsist. I believe it will.
I'm sure Nightliner will still be there. The Teamsters will not stifle a moneymaking service you can provide. As stated above, we have Premium Service which is identical to your Nightliner.

stldude44 said:
I'm sure Nightliner will still be there. The Teamsters will not stifle a moneymaking service you can provide. As stated above, we have Premium Service which is identical to your Nightliner.
But hardley used.

serta said:
But hardley used.
Maybe up East it isn't as popular, but Yellow has it in the Midwest and is planning to spread it out. ABF has it and a COO will be heard in Sept. to spread it throughout the Midwest. Anything west of KC won't work, not enough population. Eventually the West Coast will probably have some coverage too.

greezy trucker said:
Nightliner being a minihub? I love working more than I am at home....Hope they keep it.....NOT!!!!!
I was under the impression that Nightliner was for next day delivery freight and a driver went to his turn point and unloaded and reloaded then went home....is this correct?

stldude44 said:
I was under the impression that Nightliner was for next day delivery freight and a driver went to his turn point and unloaded and reloaded then went home....is this correct?
Nightliner or Mini-hub is when drivers run to a break-bulk or mini-break and work their freight. 5 days a week. Such as Newburgh,Harrisburg,Philaderlphia etc,etc.

Boats said:
Nightliner or Mini-hub is when drivers run to a break-bulk or mini-break and work their freight. 5 days a week. Such as Newburgh,Harrisburg,Philaderlphia etc,etc.
Thanks Boats, that's what I thought it was.....just like the NMFA's Premium Service Clause.

stldude44 said:

10-4 that is what it is.. yesssa.

Accelerator said:
10-4 that is what it is.. yesssa.
Thanks. I can assure you all that the International won't do anything to get in the way of this. The Teamsters definitely want their signatory Companies to continue to thrive.

No problem STL. I thought that was the one thing they would be bickering about in negotiations. I didn't know about the PSC.

stldude44 said:
Maybe up East it isn't as popular, but Yellow has it in the Midwest and is planning to spread it out. ABF has it and a COO will be heard in Sept. to spread it throughout the Midwest. Anything west of KC won't work, not enough population. Eventually the West Coast will probably have some coverage too.
God forbid!
Some guys out here would have a heart attack!

stldude44 said:
Thanks Boats, that's what I thought it was.....just like the NMFA's Premium Service Clause.
Really?!
I think I'll have to go back and read that. I read it only once, cause it did not pertain to us. I thought it was more like, go pick this up, and deliver it to another terminals area. But, hey, like I said, I only read it once when it was proposed.(and I was totlally against it!):censored2:

serta said:
Really?!
I think I'll have to go back and read that. I read it only once, cause it did not pertain to us. I thought it was more like, go pick this up, and deliver it to another terminals area. But, hey, like I said, I only read it once when it was proposed.(and I was totlally against it!):censored2:
Serta,
I remember the proposal painted a crazy picture of guys doing all 3 classifications in a days work too. If you saw the same example I did and you added up the driving time it was over 10 hours even before the rule changed to 11. It turned out to be a terrible example and it's not at all the way the Companies are using it. We don't have it at Yellow in STL yet, but I've talked to guys in COL and CVE and they say that a guy will go to a sort hub, help unload/reload and go back home. We'll know more soon...ABF has a COO being heard next month and it's all about more PSE's....time will tell.