FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

No they didn't, you live in a fantasy world. Companies have always tried to get labor as cheap as possible. That's why unions were formed in the first place to try to get companies to stop taking advantage of its employees. Companies have always looked at unemployment even before it was tracked or called that.

Here is unemployment numbers http://www.bls.gov/news.release/laus.htm. Lets compare Chicago with WV both have similar unemployment numbers so why does Chicago make the top rate and we make the bottom. I know it's just one of the factors but you can't go by these numbers when trying to figure what they base it on. Chicago has alot higher cost of living but if you factor in unemployment like you claim they shouldnt be the highest. Which proves my point about the last Gpd bump it had nothing to do with any of these factors. Ohio also has similar numbers to WV why did they get the bump also?

Last edited:
No sorry when we were owned by AF it wasnt like this.

Sure it was, it's always been that way and there's nothing wrong with it. Politicians even use it as a selling point to lure business they call it "available labor". If you're in an area with low unemployment you have to pay more to lure good help, if you're in a high unemployment area you can pay less to attract the same help, business 101. So you're telling me you were there in the AF days?

Sure it was, it's always been that way and there's nothing wrong with it. Politicians even use it as a selling point to lure business they call it "available labor". If you're in an area with low unemployment you have to pay more to lure good help, if you're in a high unemployment area you can pay less to attract the same help, business 101. So you're telling me you were there in the AF days?

Ok explain i edited my post so i could show your theory as far as Fed Ex and wages don't hold water based on unemployment.

You're wasting your time, those guys are hellbent on believing the GPD should've been based solely on cost of living alone. Never mind the plethora of other factors that went into the equation, the cost of living analysis fits their agenda so that's the only one that matters to them.

You're wasting your time, those guys are hellbent on believing the GPD should've been based solely on cost of living alone. Never mind the plethora of other factors that went into the equation, the cost of living analysis fits their agenda so that's the only one that matters to them.

Ok throw the cost of living out i posted about the unemployment factor that doesn't make your case either. hmmmmmmmmm

Because you're incapable of a reasonable debate. You've made up your mind and aren't willing to listen to anyone.

So this is your response when I have presented numbers that prove your argument is bogus gotcha thanks. You all should do some research before you post because your wrong once again.

So this is your response when I have presented numbers that prove your argument is bogus gotcha thanks. You all should do some research before you post because your wrong once again.

You need to look into what "proof" means. Let's get this straight none of us including you knows the real reason for the raise. There for we can't "prove" anything, we can speculate why but we don't KNOW why. You think it's an anti union raise, I've pointed out that several of the terminals that got the raise had no appreciable union activity (getting a few cards signed is not a threat) and your terminal and the others in WV had petitions filed and didn't get the raise. By your "standard of proof" I've proved that it's not about the union (and before anyone says anything I'm not trying to turn this into a union debate but it is relevant to this argument). But since that doesn't fit Your narrative I'm sure you won't listen.

You need to look into what "proof" means. Let's get this straight none of us including you knows the real reason for the raise. There for we can't "prove" anything, we can speculate why but we don't KNOW why. You think it's an anti union raise, I've pointed out that several of the terminals that got the raise had no appreciable union activity (getting a few cards signed is not a threat) and your terminal and the others in WV had petitions filed and didn't get the raise. By your "standard of proof" I've proved that it's not about the union (and before anyone says anything I'm not trying to turn this into a union debate but it is relevant to this argument). But since that doesn't fit Your narrative I'm sure you won't listen.

Oh but you were so sure unemployment was one of the factors and when I brought to light numbers that proved you wrong your backpedaling saying were speculating lmao. You and train do some fine moonwalking.

Oh but you were so sure unemployment was one of the factors and when I brought to light numbers that proved you wrong your backpedaling saying were speculating lmao. You and train do some fine moonwalking.

I'm not back peddling on anything, and you haven't "proved" anything that's what I'm trying to explain to you. There are many factors at play and we don't have any real idea why they did it. I'm sure they take unemployment among many other things into account when making these decisions. Just for your sake so you can't say I'm back peddling I think they use unemployment in a given area as one piece of the equation.

I'm not back peddling on anything, and you haven't "proved" anything that's what I'm trying to explain to you. There are many factors at play and we don't have any real idea why they did it. I'm sure they take unemployment among many other things into account when making these decisions. Just for your sake so you can't say I'm back peddling I think they use unemployment in a given area as one piece of the equation.

Wrong yes I have proved that our cost of living and the unemployment factor qualifies us for the gpd raise. Im sorry your not capable of clicking a link to look at numbers that prove your wrong. Or is it you look at the numbers and won't concede your wrong because it doesn't fit your skewed views. I respect red racer alot more than you and train because he doesn't run and present broad generalizations when is wrong he admits it.

Wrong yes I have proved that our cost of living and the unemployment factor qualifies us for the gpd raise. Im sorry your not capable of clicking a link to look at numbers that prove your wrong. Or is it you look at the numbers and won't concede your wrong because it doesn't fit your skewed views. I respect red racer alot more than you and train because he doesn't run and present broad generalizations when is wrong he admits it.

Once again you have proved nothing, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong but you haven't proven me wrong. There is no way to definitively prove this argument so it will never end (which you will blame me for). I have clicked on your links and they prove nothing. As a matter of fact the link YOU provided from BLS.gov points out that WV higher unemployment and has gotten worse,here's a couple of excerpts directly from your link;
The largest over-the-month percentage decline in employment occurred in North Dakota
(-0.5 percent), followed by Hawaii, Kansas, New Jersey, and West Virginia

The largest over-the-year percentage increase occurred in Utah (+4.4 percent),
followed by Nevada (+3.7 percent) and Florida (+3.5 percent). The over-the-year
percentage decreases occurred in West Virginia (-2.5 percent) and North Dakota
(-0.6 percent).

Nebraska had the lowest jobless rate in July, 2.7 percent. West Virginia had the
highest rate
, 7.5 percent.

Twenty-one states and the District of Columbia had statistically significant
unemployment rate declines from July 2014, the largest of which occurred in
Rhode Island (-1.8 percentage points) and Michigan (-1.7 points).
The only significant over-the-year rate increases occurred in West Virginia
(+1.0 percentage point) and South Dakota (+0.5 point).

34 states and the District of Columbia had statistically significant
increases in employment and West Virginia had a significant decrease (-19,100)

These are direct quotes from the article YOU posted, and all of this is only part of the equation and the rest of it we are not privy to. You are the one that can't admit your wrong. The "facts" is you think you deserve more than you are getting and you think its because of the union, and since you're so good a posting "fact" try posting just one that supports you anti union GDP bump theory. Since you accuse me of not being "capable of clicking a link to look at numbers" here's some more reading for you;

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/west-virginia/

This one bodes well for demanding more pay;

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...e-less-than-half-its-citizens-work-2015-01-13

Here's a good calculator to compare cost of living for a given area;

http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/LayoutScripts/Coll_Start.aspx

Every comparison I made between any city that got the raise and Charleston WV showed Charleston with a lower cost of living. Just for the heck of it I compared Columbus Oh to Charleston Wv with a salary of $65,000. Columbus got the GDP raise despite the union being a non starter there and Charleston actually filed a petition. this is what it said;

The cost of living in Charleston, WV is 3.0% lower than in Columbus, OH . Therefore, you would have to earn a salary of $63,057 to maintain your current standard of living.

And
Employers in Charleston, WV typically pay 10.6% less than employers in Columbus, OH . Therefore, if you take the same type of job in the same type of company in Charleston, WV you are likely to earn $58,109 .

With these statistics alone how can you argue that you "deserve" the raise over another area?

I also want to go on the record, I AM NOT trying to turn this into a union debate but you insist that that's the reason for the raises and I contend it isn't I cant make that argument without bringing up the union. I don't want to get banned for it so I wanted to make that clear.

The First link you posted compared us to the national average if your going to make an argument that we don't deserve you have to compare us to a certain state like i did with Illnois who makes the top rate.

The second link proves nothing other than we have alot of people who don't work but are not "unemployed" in turn probably on welfare so what does that have to do with people who work??????????????????????? If anything that should make the people who actually work worth more. lol

The third here is Dayton who got bump with your link http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx We are 4 percent higher

Here is Columbus http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx not much higher a difference of 1849

Here is Lexington KY http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx They are 8.7 cheaper than us

Here is Hickory NC your site didn't list it had to use mine http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/charleston-wv/hickory-nc/60000 They are 6 percent cheaper

I just compared 4 places with your link that got the bump and the only one that had a higher cost of living was Columbus with a 1,849 difference in total pay. So which cites that got the bump did you compare? Because im not coming out with the same results. lol

The First link you posted compared us to the national average if your going to make an argument that we don't deserve you have to compare us to a certain state like i did with Illnois who makes the top rate.

The second link proves nothing other than we have alot of people who don't work but are not "unemployed" in turn probably on welfare so what does that have to do with people who work??????????????????????? If anything that should make the people who actually work worth more. lol

The third here is Dayton who got bump with your link http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx We are 4 percent higher

Here is Columbus http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx not much higher a difference of 1849

Here is Lexington KY http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx They are 8.7 cheaper than us

Here is Hickory NC your site didn't list it had to use mine http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/charleston-wv/hickory-nc/60000 They are 6 percent cheaper

I just compared 4 places with your link that got the bump and the only one that had a higher cost of living was Columbus with a 1,849 difference in total pay. So which cites that got the bump did you compare? Because im not coming out with the same results. lol

I only did 2 because those are the two common ones (DAY and CMH) that we were originally comparing. I screwed up the calculator on the Dayton on and left the city of employment as Columbus. When I changed it to Dayton it still said employers in WV would pay an average of 9.9 percent less, like it or not it doesn't help your case. As far as comparing specific states I don't have to do that at all to prove my argument. That's not how it would be done when deciding pay scales. The fact is (since you love facts) WV has the highest unemployment in the country, you can't deny that. And wether you like it or not they can and probably do take that into account. I'll ask my question again, where's your precious proof that the terminals that got the raise got it because of the union?

I only did 2 because those are the two common ones (DAY and CMH) that we were originally comparing. I screwed up the calculator on the Dayton on and left the city of employment as Columbus. When I changed it to Dayton it still said employers in WV would pay an average of 9.9 percent less, like it or not it doesn't help your case. As far as comparing specific states I don't have to do that at all to prove my argument. That's not how it would be done when deciding pay scales. The fact is (since you love facts) WV has the highest unemployment in the country, you can't deny that. And wether you like it or not they can and probably do take that into account. I'll ask my question again, where's your precious proof that the terminals that got the raise got it because of the union?

What are u talking about here is Dayton comparison http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx on your site Charleston WV cost of living is 4 percent higher than Dayton. I will admit the unemployment rate is high here but it is comparable to states that make top scale so it is moot point. If you look at my post i used your site and only had one at higher cost of living that was Columbus by 1,849 dollars on year not really a big difference.

What are u talking about here is Dayton comparison http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/Layoutscripts/Coll_Result.aspx on your site Charleston WV cost of living is 4 percent higher than Dayton. I will admit the unemployment rate is high here but it is comparable to states that make top scale so it is moot point. If you look at my post i used your site and only had one at higher cost of living that was Columbus by 1,849 dollars on year not really a big difference.

I said I screw up the calculator and didn't change the one field to Dayton which skewed my numbers. Which states is your unemployment comparable to? You have yet to prove anything, what about my question wheres the proof of the union being the reason for the raises?

I said I screw up the calculator and didn't change the one field to Dayton which skewed my numbers. Which states is your unemployment comparable to? You have yet to prove anything, what about my question wheres the proof of the union being the reason for the raises?

If your to dense to realize they picked and chose the ones that got the raise by the union activity i can't do it for you. Lets see, one Chicago terminal petetioned and voted they gave all 9 terminals in Chicago the raise. Charlotte voted it in they gave every terminal around them raise. East Philly voted it in they gave every terminal around them the raise. You want to harp about my terminal they could care less if we re petition and vote it in(were 40 doors with hub) at the time they didn't want the momentum to continue is why they sent in all the big shots.

If your to dense to realize they picked and chose the ones that got the raise by the union activity i can't do it for you. Lets see, one Chicago terminal petetioned and voted they gave all 9 terminals in Chicago the raise. Charlotte voted it in they gave every terminal around them raise. East Philly voted it in they gave every terminal around them the raise. You want to harp about my terminal they could care less if we re petition and vote it in(were 40 doors with hub) at the time they didn't want the momentum to continue is why they sent in all the big shots.

You can draw all the arbitrary lines you want it doesn't prove anything. EPH voted CIN got the raise, what other terminal "around" them got it, I don't think SBR or NEW got it yet they're fairly close I don't believe HSG got it either. Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, St. Louis Mo, Kansas City, Louisville, Memphis, Salt Lake City, and there are more. These all where no where near a successful union area and all got the raise. So it kinda defeats you argument of them only going to areas where there was union activity. Charlotte got the raise a while ago before there was any union threat. You're trying to connect dots that aren't there, but I'm the liar priceless.

You can draw all the arbitrary lines you want it doesn't prove anything. EPH voted CIN got the raise, what other terminal "around" them got it, I don't think SBR or NEW got it yet they're fairly close I don't believe HSG got it either. Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, St. Louis Mo, Kansas City, Louisville, Memphis, Salt Lake City, and there are more. These all where no where near a successful union area and all got the raise. So it kinda defeats you argument of them only going to areas where there was union activity. Charlotte got the raise a while ago before there was any union threat. You're trying to connect dots that aren't there, but I'm the liar priceless.

Louisville voted Indi had activity so did Columbus. Don't know about the others they could have so I have a pretty good case. Thats 15 terminals who all had something to do with union. I bet it was just a big coincidence though. :lmao: The dots are there dont think you see them again because it doesnt fit your agenda.

Last edited: