FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

Louisville voted Indi had activity so did Columbus. Don't know about the others they could have so I have a pretty good case. Thats 15 terminals who all had something to do with union. I bet it was just a big coincidence though. :lmao: The dots are there dont think you see them again because it doesnt fit your agenda.

I don't know about Indy, but I do Columbus. Having some people sign cards does not constitute a threat, they never got close to having enough cards to even think about petitioning for a vote. How about the terminals in the Philly/Jersey/NY area I pointed out. They are real close to each other, some got it done didn't explain that.

I don't know about Indy, but I do Columbus. Having some people sign cards does not constitute a threat, they never got close to having enough cards to even think about petitioning for a vote. How about the terminals in the Philly/Jersey/NY area I pointed out. They are real close to each other, some got it done didn't explain that.

Apparently you do not know how the process works. They wouldn't even let us sign cards till we had 50% and then they didn't let us petition till we had 70%. So im sure Columbus was closer then you let on. As far as Philly and up that way I have no idea who got the raise other than cin. That info is hush hush so how do you know who got it and who didn't? Swamp made a list of the ones we knew got it but that was well short of the 50 terminals the company claimed.

Apparently you do not know how the process works. They wouldn't even let us sign cards till we had 50% and then they didn't let us petition till we had 70%. So im sure Columbus was closer then you let on. As far as Philly and up that way I have no idea who got the raise other than cin. That info is hush hush so how do you know who got it and who didn't? Swamp made a list of the ones we knew got it but that was well short of the 50 terminals the company claimed.

That might be how your organizer did it but you don't have to have 50% onboard to start signing cards you can start with one and go from there. Columbus never got 50% let alone enough to be a concern. How about Dayton? They didn't even get as far as CMH and they got the raise. As far as who got the raise in the northeast Swamprat posted a partial list of terminals that got it. But I'll bring you up to speed, CIN had a vote just like you, it failed just like you and they got the raise. EPH had a vote and they won unlike you, and they didn't get the raise. NEW, SBR, and Harrisburg are all pretty close to CIN and they didn't get the raise either. You can't use union activities in one part of the country to prove that's the reason for the raises and ignore it in another. There is enough evidence on this web site alone to disprove your theory, but I'm the one who doesn't get it. Just so you can read it for yourself here's a link to the thread;

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/gpd-scorecard.66964/

That might be how your organizer did it but you don't have to have 50% onboard to start signing cards you can start with one and go from there. Columbus never got 50% let alone enough to be a concern. How about Dayton? They didn't even get as far as CMH and they got the raise. As far as who got the raise in the northeast Swamprat posted a partial list of terminals that got it. But I'll bring you up to speed, CIN had a vote just like you, it failed just like you and they got the raise. EPH had a vote and they won unlike you, and they didn't get the raise. NEW, SBR, and Harrisburg are all pretty close to CIN and they didn't get the raise either. You can't use union activities in one part of the country to prove that's the reason for the raises and ignore it in another. There is enough evidence on this web site alone to disprove your theory, but I'm the one who doesn't get it. Just so you can read it for yourself here's a link to the thread;

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/gpd-scorecard.66964/

Well lets just say this the majority got the raise and I bet alot had to do with whether they were hubs or not. You and your buddy train can put your blinders back on now sorry some people are smart enough to read between the lines. Train called Harrison Arkansas viewing this forum the most when the union movement was hot and heavy a coincidence too. Better go jump on the naive train it's leaving.

Hmmm... Maybe CT is right. Maybe?

W.Va. Trucking Association to launch new career portal due to lack of drivers

http://wvmetronews.com/2015/09/14/w...nch-new-career-portal-due-to-lack-of-drivers/

"The West Virginia Trucking Association will be launching a new career website next month due to the shortage of truck drivers in the state."

Don't bring facts to the argument the other side hates them. Come on Swamp the company needs flexibility so we can spend 94 million on fed ex forum, 8 million a year on fed ex field, and support nascar who knows how much they spend on this and don't forget about fed ex cup. All these are essential programs.

Last edited:
HAPPY 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!

Well, it has been 6 months since the evidence of our deeply flawed pay scales (GPD) came to light. 6 months since we were told of the "ongoing" in depth analysis of same.

Interestingly, no need has been found to adjust ANY center's GPD level. Everything is apparently, JUST AS IT SHOULD BE. Or is it?

I hear GSP has visitors this week... :clapping: 7 center Managers from around the region, and managing Director, doing ride alongs, with City drivers. Drivers are being told this happens all the time, prior to a center becoming a (inner regional) Hub, but do they really? Some are told they are at GSP to assist in increasing efficiency. Perhaps they are at GSP in recognition of the 6 month anniversary.:27:

Anyway, in honor of the 6 month milestone, we must refresh...

Source:U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrcma.htm

BLS #
compares Mean Hourly Wage Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers. The individual number means little. However, how it compares markets, means everything.

Location/BLS #/Actual FXFE Wage

Charlotte 19.22 BASELINE =$25.98
NAS
Nashville 19.95 =$25.98
HKY Hickory 19.04 =$25.98
GBO Greensboro 19.10 =$25.98
Columbus, OH 19.36 =$25.98
DAY Dayton, OH 18.36 =$25.98
DCU DECATUR, AL 18.99 =$25.98
YUM Yuma Az 18.45 =$25.98

**Now lets look at some who did NOTqualify for an adjustment:

CUB Columbia, SC 20.09 =$24.58

FLO Florence, SC 19.80 = $24.58

GSP 19.91-19.85 = $24.58

CHS 20.52 Charleston, SC = $24.58

CRW Charleston, WV 19.76 = $24.58

Note-Competition Wage at GSP, for example:

UPS Freight: $27.15
Conway: $25.41 (will likely increase in Jan)
Old Dominion: $25.85
CENTRAL TRANSPORT:$24.50
Southeastern: $24.48 * May be higher now
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $24.58

Last edited:
That they know ahead of time of their raise, and how much it will be, due to a contract. Aren't you tired of trolling the FedEx forum yet?

That's not his point, his point is they're higher paid but he "deserves" to be because they're "number 1", and no not yet!

Last edited:
The quickest way, it seems, to get your GPD raised? Encourage your coworkers to quit, or transfer out. We keep trying to find some rhyme or reason to the madness, but basically, it comes downs to that one factor. That factor (retention/recruiting) is obviously influenced by competitive wages. Excess loyalty seems to equal stagnant wages. Sorry folks, but the list of options is fairly short... Pick your poison, or learn to like it.

The quickest way, it seems, to get your GPD raised? Encourage your coworkers to quit, or transfer out. We keep trying to find some rhyme or reason to the madness, but basically, it comes downs to that one factor. That factor (retention/recruiting) is obviously influenced by competitive wages. Excess loyalty seems to equal stagnant wages. Sorry folks, but the list of options is fairly short... Pick your poison, or learn to like it.

Its sad this is how they reward our loyal centers. You would think the loyal employees would be rewarded before others. Just a sign of the times I guess so much for our people first policy. I guess when the petetions start rolling in again they will make some more "gpd" adjustments. Lol

I disagree. The quickest way would be to file a petition at your center.