FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

its a joke to me that i can look to my right and then to my left and guys i know from centers that got the bump doing the same job hooking sets and we are from the same area less than 70 miles from both,,both of them were hot and heavy pushing for the Union ,, meetings with bosses say it has nothing to do with it,i call BS $2.20 per hour in the last 12 months knocks many off the fence Just my two cents.

its a joke to me that i can look to my right and then to my left and guys i know from centers that got the bump doing the same job hooking sets and we are from the same area less than 70 miles from both,,both of them were hot and heavy pushing for the Union ,, meetings with bosses say it has nothing to do with it,i call BS $2.20 per hour in the last 12 months knocks many off the fence Just my two cents.
Agree it's always about the money here you go.have a nice raise and vote no correct.

For the few who may doubt the numbers I've provided, I present Central Transport, the latest entry into the club of carriers with higher top pay that our own FedEx Freight. While Central has never been the wage leader, they (and most every carrier) currently surpass FedEx Freight (by a good bit) in my Geographic Pay Differential area.

UPSF: $27.15
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
CENTRAL TRANSPORT: $24.50
Southeastern: $24.48
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68
:1904::1904::1904::1904:

Patience is wearing thin, and while the situation was already serious, it just got critical. It calls for a sense of urgency. I don't think it will be any surprise when news breaks out of South Carolina, and why. I think the only question will be "what took so long?". The answer to that is, it was deemed appropriate to give "some time", for corrections to be made, in this critical area.

Disagree if you like, but Stay Tuned.

Last edited:
Oh, and for those "numbers oriented" folks out there in internet land, that was a $3.00 bump for the boys in the yellow (Central) trucks, many pulling Vitran trailers...
:1904:

For the few who may doubt the numbers I've provided, I present Central Transport, the latest entry into the club of carriers with higher top pay that our own FedEx Freight. While Central has never been the wage leader, they (and most every carrier) currently surpass FedEx Freight (by a good bit) in my Geographic Pay Differential area.

:1904::1904::1904::1904:

Patience is wearing thin, and while the situation was already serious, it just got critical. It calls for a sense of urgency. I don't think it will be any surprise when news breaks out of South Carolina, and why. I think the only question will be "what took so long?". The answer to that is, it was deemed appropriate to give "some time", for corrections to be made, in this critical area.

Disagree if you like, but Stay Tuned.
Pretty sad when the self proclaimed number one ltl company pays less than a third rate bottom feeder company.

the company could save millions if they'd hire more dock workers rather than having money hungry employees here who feel the need to work the dock before and after their shift. Not sure about your barn, but here we have the same usual suspects every day (6) that feel compelled to come in at 5 and work until their gate time (9:30-10:00). Do I need to do the math here? We have guys pulling in over 2000 a week on what would normally be a 50k bid. Why exactly is this permitted to happen in the first place. I've seen the red shirt send the P/T guy home early in the am and keep the road guy on the dock. This is just a pathetic business model. Of course we're not getting more per hour. We have one guy that comes in the office at night after getting off the forklift waving his pay stub around showing us how much he screwed the company out of last week.
Ok, now we'll get the negative responses from the guys here who think this clock manipulation is peachy.

Last edited:
the company could save millions if they'd hire more dock workers rather than having money hungry employees here who feel the need to work the dock before and after their shift. Not sure about your barn, but here we have the same usual suspects every day (6) that feel compelled to come in at 5 and work until their gate time (9:30-10:00). Do I need to do the math here? We have guys pulling in over 2000 a week on what would normally be a 50k bid. Why exactly is this permitted to happen in the first place. I've seen the red shirt send the P/T guy home early in the am and keep the road guy on the dock. This is just a pathetic business model. Of course we're not getting more per hour. We have one guy that comes in the office at night after getting off the forklift waving his pay stub around showing us how much he screwed the company out of last week.
Ok, now we'll get the negative responses from the guys here who think this clock manipulation is peachy.
That's a large problem, rather than being paid more.companies offer more hrs and guys suck it up.the poor guy on the bottom can't feed his family.

SAIA .... 24.66 plus OT after 45 .... Some of those others don't pay OT. FedEx does after 8 ... Which is a plus depending on how busy your terminal is. In my mind a buck or two wouldn't be worth a change to start over at the bottom somewhere else. In Dallas FedEx and R+L are in the mid 25's but you wont see me jumping ship to make a change. Like I said its not worth it for a buck or two. At least not to me.

Last edited:
You know what they're going
That's just bad management there.I'm suprised corporate hasn't jumped in and ask why all the ot ..but if you could get all the ot at your barn ::shit:: jump on it they can't tell you no .

Oh, and for those "numbers oriented" folks out there in internet land, that was a $3.00 bump for the boys in the yellow (Central) trucks, many pulling Vitran trailers...
:1904:
You know what they're going to say ...but we get ot after 8hrs they always come back with the same ::shit:: !

SAIA .... 24.66 plus OT after 45 .... Some of those others don't pay OT. FedEx does after 8 ... Which is a plus depending on how busy your terminal is. In my mind a buck or two wouldn't be worth a change to start over at the bottom somewhere else. In Dallas FedEx and R+L are in the mid 25's but you wont see me jumping ship to make a change. Like I said its not worth it for a buck or two. At least not to me.
Train, is that figure for Saia applicable to South Carolina, or is that in Dallas? I'd be more than happy to add Saia to the list, but I'll need to verify locally, I guess.

Still, it takes more than 47 hours (including that O/T you speak of) to reach the break even point with Conway.
We used to make more than all of those companies PLUS we got overtime over 40/8. Another true Fact.

Wage comparison:
FXFE: 47 hours @$23.68 =$1195.84 (including OverTime)

Conway: 47 hours @$25.48=$1197.56

All of this would be fine if we were mediocre in our performance. Also, theses are isolated instances, where some locations (about 6 that I can prove) are significantly behind the competition, as well as behind other locations within the Company. A situation that is almost universally unacceptable.

Train, if you could be so kind, tell us again about Saia's top shelf insurance and low cost, which would help make my case even more clearly. Also, you must admit, since you are a former Central employee, it is a bit of a shock to see Central at the number 4 spot, while FedEx Freight is now in the #8 or #9 spot (if we include R&L and Saia). Agree?

How can one maintain enthusiasm, and continue to excel, in a workplace where our services are under priced (under valued), relative to the market in which we operate? I ask, because I know it's possible to convince one's self that things are fine, even when they are not. Perhaps I need to learn how...

Last edited:
Train, is that figure for Saia applicable to South Carolina, or is that in Dallas? I'd be more than happy to add Saia to the list, but I'll need to verify locally, I guess.

Still, it takes more than 47 hours (including that O/T you speak of) to reach the break even point with Conway.
We used to make more than all of those companies PLUS we got overtime over 40/8. Another true Fact.

Wage comparison:
FXFE: 47 hours @$23.68 =$1195.84 (including OverTime)

Conway: 47 hours @$25.48=$1197.56

All of this would be fine if we were mediocre in our performance. Also, theses are isolated instances, where some locations (about 6 that I can prove) are significantly behind the competition, as well as behind other locations within the Company. A situation that is almost universally unacceptable.

Train, if you could be so kind, tell us again about Saia's top shelf insurance and low cost, which would help make my case even more clearly. Also, you must admit, since you are a former Central employee, it is a bit of a shock to see Central at the number 4 spot, while FedEx Freight is now in the #8 or #9 spot (if we include R&L and Saia). Agree?

How can one maintain enthusiasm, and continue to excel, in a workplace where our services are under priced (under valued), relative to the market in which we operate? I ask, because I know it's possible to convince one's self that things are fine, even when they are not. Perhaps I need to learn how...

Our healthcare is top notch. United Healthcare's premium plan. 12 weekly for single. 35 weekly for family. This include vision. Dental is 9.96 extra (2000. max payout per year) ... Basis Life Insurance is 50K ...Free .... Bump it to 250K for 5.77 weekly ..... 401K match to 6% .... 25. office visits. without meeting any deductibles. 1500. max out of pocket on deductible. I could go on but you get the just of it. I must say I don't get FedEx about what's going on in your region. I have danced around saying that. But I just can't see how the union can get you more. The threat perhaps can but that's about it. What happening is not right. But the Teamsters can't save you. FedEx won't be bullied (so to speak) and will stand their ground. They should just change your pay to match the others in your area. Why they are not I just can't say. Sorry to bring up the Teamsters out of the Union thread. I shall now stand down.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I have no deep love for FedEx, but they pay me a decent wage for essentially doing a job nearly anyone else can do. Where exactly is it written that we should receive the same compensation as our competitors.
Just seems pretty silly to bitch on these boards about pay equality amongst fellow ltl carriers.