Yellow | Overpaid & Out of Touch

You guys all raise valid points, but I would say if unionized LTL still had control of the big percentage of the freight out there, like it did say 30 years ago, and the pension and pay was all good,with no cuts or givebacks,no one would care how much these union officials were making. The teamsters should have seen this whole mess coming back in the 90's,as far as dwindling memberships, loss of pension funding and so on. But the thing I have seen the last 30 years is that many took the business as usual approach, and nobody wanted to hear that terrible word,"change". Instead of trying to negotiate with the goal of competing with the non union companies, and working together, it was let go, and now the non union companies now control the amount of freight the union companies did 30 plus years ago.

Why didn't you use the chain of command first.Your steward is your go to guy first.As far as officers pay and expenses it's in the monthly records all expenses must be approved by the trustees.and recorded the motion can be made and so approved Yeah or neah,If you have specific issues that aren't addressed at your meeting ,try starting a paper trail to your BA and make sure it's certified mail.That's politics Play the game or work to change the rules
As I have previously said, my local was a "family affair" with quite a few others at the local involved in the corruption and intimidation of members. Any that complained or questioned where the money was going faced consequences. The stewards at the time were both in the local's back pocket, either afraid to do their job as "middle man" for fear of consequences of their own or on the take for "favors". Ditto for the trustee and secretary treasurer. Cooking the books was then no problem. Any request to look at the books should have been answered with a "Sure, Which set do you want to see?" All these mentioned people have since retired or been removed, but more of the same have taken their place, and yet again, members feel "that's just the way it is", so why go to meetings - it's all controlled from within and from above, meaning Hoffa and the IBT. Yes, it is politics, and as we have found out from Hillary, her campaign and the DNC, politics is dirty and corrupt. Comparing the IBT, Hoffa and many, (but not all) Teamster Locals to dirty, corrupt politicians is very accurate. Not surprisingly, most of those corrupt are Democrats fully supported by money and votes from Teamsters in their campaigns, that the Local bosses pushed their members to contribute to and vote for. What has THAT gotten us?

Last edited:
And what local might that be .You as a dues paying member are allowed to ask questions under new business old business.Whether pertaining to either .We are civilized and go by Roberts Rules of Order If you know what your talking about you'll get the full attention of the floor and the executive board..
I had to laugh at your last sentence in your response "You'll get the full attention of the floor AND THE EXECUTIVE BOARD"
That is NOT the kind of "attention" anyone with any knowledge of the backroom payback tactics that goes on wants.

As for Roberts Rules of Order, it was called "Parliamentary Procedure" back when I went to school. I guess that's just too British sounding now in this new PC world we live in. Under those rules, the person on the floor has the right to speak without being shouted down, intimidated or threatened, such as happens at nearly all local meetings I've attended and DID also happen at the recent Convention in Vegas. So much for Roberts Rules of Order or Parliamentary Procedure.

" sit down,shut up, and be happy you have a job". is was what we hear, when someone speaks up.
I wish I had a quarter every time I heard that.
ROAD BOSS who has defended the local he is in or all locals, whichever the case, and their meeting procedures and our "constitutional rights" under Roberts Rules of Order to speak and demand change or accountability of members' money.
He is either:
1. A member of a very good Local that actually DOES listen to members that attend meetings and are open to suggestions or comments that are not necessarily the same as the union bosses. OR
2. A union boss himself who is still trying to paint a rosey picture in order to keep the gravy train on the rails OR
3. He is one of the aforementioned dedicated "yes men" that the union leaders depend on for re-election and ridiculous, unjustified salaries OR
4. He is constantly defending the union bosses HOPING that by doing so HE will someday also be a union officer, OR
5. He is living in a dream world and unable to hear or believe what so many others, like you CATHAT, are saying.

I hope ROAD BOSS falls under option #1. I do not know him, so I don't know. If that is the case, he is lucky to be in a good local. Most of the rest of us are not so lucky.

The General Election that just happened was our last and final chance to rid our union of the person that has done the most damage to the Teamsters in history. Even the mob did not do as much, but we blew it once again because only 16.5% ever bothered to send in a ballot. Nobody believes their opinion or vote counts anymore. Not at the Local meeting and not at the General Election. It is a sad fact.

I had to laugh at your last sentence in your response "You'll get the full attention of the floor AND THE EXECUTIVE BOARD"
That is NOT the kind of "attention" anyone with any knowledge of the backroom payback tactics that goes on wants.

As for Roberts Rules of Order, it was called "Parliamentary Procedure" back when I went to school. I guess that's just too British sounding now in this new PC world we live in. Under those rules, the person on the floor has the right to speak without being shouted down, intimidated or threatened, such as happens at nearly all local meetings I've attended and DID also happen at the recent Convention in Vegas. So much for Roberts Rules of Order or Parliamentary Procedure.
Did you have a red vest or subject to the peanuts gallery.

ROAD BOSS who has defended the local he is in or all locals, whichever the case, and their meeting procedures and our "constitutional rights" under Roberts Rules of Order to speak and demand change or accountability of members' money.
He is either:
1. A member of a very good Local that actually DOES listen to members that attend meetings and are open to suggestions or comments that are not necessarily the same as the union bosses. OR
2. A union boss himself who is still trying to paint a rosey picture in order to keep the gravy train on the rails OR
3. He is one of the aforementioned dedicated "yes men" that the union leaders depend on for re-election and ridiculous, unjustified salaries OR
4. He is constantly defending the union bosses HOPING that by doing so HE will someday also be a union officer, OR
5. He is living in a dream world and unable to hear or believe what so many others, like you CATHAT, are saying.

I hope ROAD BOSS falls under option #1. I do not know him, so I don't know. If that is the case, he is lucky to be in a good local. Most of the rest of us are not so lucky.

The General Election that just happened was our last and final chance to rid our union of the person that has done the most damage to the Teamsters in history. Even the mob did not do as much, but we blew it once again because only 16.5% ever bothered to send in a ballot. Nobody believes their opinion or vote counts anymore. Not at the Local meeting and not at the General Election. It is a sad fact.
Well ,maybe if you get a slate and run for office,and your serious about change.If you have a message and a purpose the members will respond .

He is either:

What local and how long have you been a dues paying member.

He is either:

I am a member and I put in the work.We protect the many and not just the few.Majority rules.My advice,be part of the solution and not the the problem.Get involved.What more can I say.

He is either:

Just tell me this ,How many activities in your local union joint council or IBT have you participated in .Have you put in the work .Iam no yes man for nobody.Pay your dues and put in your work. If your a man with a mission and purpose others will listen and value your opinion.

Nyman is central ststes pension.What has that to do with local union protocols.
It's not NYMAN - it's NYHAN and i say the IBT, Hall, and Hoffa are very closely intertwined with Thomas Nyhan and the CSPF money. Here's why....The Local all answer to the IBT where Hoffa is the supreme ruler. Local officials are removed if they do not do as told.
Before Hoffa was first elected he came out in support of a UPS pullout of the CSPF in 1997 which led to a short strike by UPS Teamsters. UPS did not succeed until 10 years later.

Hoffa was first elected ( through a crooked scheme) in 1998. Thomas Nyhan was first appointed shortly after.

Nyhan promptly lost over $2 billion in CSPF bad investments. Hoffa said nothing. Nyhan kept his job. Members not informed since it was prior to the PPA of 2006 law requiring CSPF to inform all CSPF members of Fund's gains and losses.

In 2007 Hall and Hoffa gave in to UPS officials and let UPS exit the Fund for $6.2 billion in CASH.

That exit immediately cost the Fund over $900 million in lost contributions each and every year thereafter (probably more now)
Hoffa handed over that $6.2 billion cash to Nyhan which he also lost (plus a few billion more) due to bad investments on Wall St. while the Western Conference stayed healthy due to smart investing of THEIR pension funds. Hoffa again said nothing negative about Nyhan. Nyhan kept his $694,000 annual paycheck.

In 2010 Nyhan made only one feeble attempt to get a gov't bailout from a totally Democrat controlled Congress and Obama. No attempts to "sound the alarm" before or since.
When he appeared before Congress, they ignored him. He left with his tail between his legs. So much for the "We've got your back" said by so many Democrats that were elected with Teamster money.

Shortly before and during 2014, Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan were all together on the Board at NCCMP planning the pension cuts they were going to impose on 400,000 Teamsters in CSPF

The problem with that is that ERISA was still protecting already retired Teamsters from any cuts, so Hoffa called on his buddy,
Bill Lichtenwald (Local 20 President, Ohio Conference President and CSPF trustee). Lichtenwald then took $6.2 million in member funds to Washington to bribe members of Congress to vote in favor of an upcoming bill. That bill was HR 83 containing MPRA of 2014 that abolished the ERISA law that stood since 1972. By abolishing ERISA Nyhan and Hoffa have no more obstacles to prevent any cuts they want. Question: How did they know in advance that ERISA would be removed? They were planning the cuts at NCCMP when there was still a law on the books preventing it. Answer; They knew their "bagman" Lichtenwald would be successful in bribing enough members of Congress to pass MPRA in Dec 2014.

In 2015, just a few months later, the planned cuts were announced, with Lichtenwald on the CSPF Board of Trustees.

The only "fly in the ointment" was that Lichtenwald got caught and the retirees did not just lay down and take it like Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan thought they would. They just figured that 80% would be no-shows just like in every past election. They figured they could sneak it through before anybody noticed, then it would be too late. The retirees would be cut, but the giant CSPF "piggy bank" would still be there for them to use and none of their salaries or percs would be touched.The scam has been exposed, but they still get the last laugh. Nyhan still has his $694,000 job. The total paid to all CSPF execs each year exceeds $8 million. Hoffa was re-elected. And the $200,000 Club list of "overpaid and out-of-touch" Teamster officials speaks for itself.

Are YOU on that list ROAD BOSS?

Last edited:
Well ,maybe if you get a slate and run for office,and your serious about change.If you have a message and a purpose the members will respond .
Zuckerman tried that. He's a good man, but too many members are too intimidated, too brainwashed, too disgusted with the corruption, too uninformed or too lazy to simply do a SECRET BALLOT. I'm surprised that so many are afraid the Teamster bosses will find out how they think and how they would vote, so they just don't. They don't go to meetings. They don't vote. They never file a greivence. We seem to have a lot of "jellyfish" in our locals that are just afraid to speak their mind. They know bad things can happen. That is exactly the way Teamster leadership wants it. They want your union dues and votes, NOT you opinion

Dumb question.[/QU
Zuckerman tried that. He's a good man, but too many members are too intimidated, too brainwashed, too disgusted with the corruption, too uninformed or too lazy to simply do a SECRET BALLOT. I'm surprised that so many are afraid the Teamster bosses will find out how they think and how they would vote, so they just don't. They don't go to meetings. They don't vote. They never file a greivence. We seem to have a lot of "jellyfish" in our locals that are just afraid to speak their mind. They know bad things can happen. That is exactly the way Teamster leadership wants it. They want your union dues and votes, NOT you opinion[/QUOT I've asked you what local you belong too.If your afraid of repercussions from others ,then PM me .We are all anonymous on this forum.

Nice try, but no PM. My words speak the truth. Most members agree. I could be one of a hundred in as many locals that all feel the same way. I speak for them and most agree. The facts are there for anyone to look up. The problem is that most members are too busy working and trying to feed their families to find out the truth about the corruption in the IBT and many (but not all) local, (or too intimidated). Ever since the cuts were announced, I have taken the time to dig up corruption that I didn't know existed. The more I dig, the more I find. Just follow the "bread crumbs" and you find the RATS. I'm just making those findings available for others to see as well as the sources that are public info that most don't/can't see. I prefer to stay anonymous because I've been a card carrying, paying member for well over 37 years and I know full well what the consequences can be, as one of the moderators already pointed out in a previous post.

It's not NYMAN - it's NYHAN and i say the IBT, Hall, and Hoffa are very closely intertwined with Thomas Nyhan and the CSPF money. Here's why....The Local all answer to the IBT where Hoffa is the supreme ruler. Local officials are removed if they do not do as told.
Before Hoffa was first elected he came out in support of a UPS pullout of the CSPF in 1997 which led to a short strike by UPS Teamsters. UPS did not succeed until 10 years later.

Hoffa was first elected ( through a crooked scheme) in 1998. Thomas Nyhan was first appointed shortly after.

Nyhan promptly lost over $2 billion in CSPF bad investments. Hoffa said nothing. Nyhan kept his job. Members not informed since it was prior to the PPA of 2006 law requiring CSPF to inform all CSPF members of Fund's gains and losses.

In 2007 Hall and Hoffa gave in to UPS officials and let UPS exit the Fund for $6.2 billion in CASH.

That exit immediately cost the Fund over $900 million in lost contributions each and every year thereafter (probably more now)
Hoffa handed over that $6.2 billion cash to Nyhan which he also lost (plus a few billion more) due to bad investments on Wall St. while the Western Conference stayed healthy due to smart investing of THEIR pension funds. Hoffa again said nothing negative about Nyhan. Nyhan kept his $694,000 annual paycheck.

In 2010 Nyhan made only one feeble attempt to get a gov't bailout from a totally Democrat controlled Congress and Obama. No attempts to "sound the alarm" before or since.
When he appeared before Congress, they ignored him. He left with his tail between his legs. So much for the "We've got your back" said by so many Democrats that were elected with Teamster money.

Shortly before and during 2014, Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan were all together on the Board at NCCMP planning the pension cuts they were going to impose on 400,000 Teamsters in CSPF

The problem with that is that ERISA was still protecting already retired Teamsters from any cuts, so Hoffa called on his buddy,
Bill Lichtenwald (Local 20 President, Ohio Conference President and CSPF trustee). Lichtenwald then took $6.2 million in member funds to Washington to bribe members of Congress to vote in favor of an upcoming bill. That bill was HR 83 containing MPRA of 2014 that abolished the ERISA law that stood since 1972. By abolishing ERISA Nyhan and Hoffa have no more obstacles to prevent any cuts they want. Question: How did they know in advance that ERISA would be removed? They were planning the cuts at NCCMP when there was still a law on the books preventing it. Answer; They knew their "bagman" Lichtenwald would be successful in bribing enough members of Congress to pass MPRA in Dec 2014.

In 2015, just a few months later, the planned cuts were announced, with Lichtenwald on the CSPF Board of Trustees.

The only "fly in the ointment" was that Lichtenwald got caught and the retirees did not just lay down and take it like Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan thought they would. They just figured that 80% would be no-shows just like in every past election. They figured they could sneak it through before anybody noticed, then it would be too late. The retirees would be cut, but the giant CSPF "piggy bank" would still be there for them to use and none of their salaries or percs would be touched.The scam has been exposed, but they still get the last laugh. Nyhan still has his $694,000 job. The total paid to all CSPF execs each year exceeds $8 million. Hoffa was re-elected. And the $200,000 Club list of "overpaid and out-of-touch" Teamster officials speaks for itself.

Ya nailed it. von.

Nice try, but no PM. My words speak the truth. Most members agree. I could be one of a hundred in as many locals that all feel the same way. I speak for them and most agree. The facts are there for anyone to look up. The problem is that most members are too busy working and trying to feed their families to find out the truth about the corruption in the IBT and many (but not all) local, (or too intimidated). Ever since the cuts were announced, I have taken the time to dig up corruption that I didn't know existed. The more I dig, the more I find. Just follow the "bread crumbs" and you find the RATS. I'm just making those findings available for others to see as well as the sources that are public info that most don't/can't see. I prefer to stay anonymous because I've been a card carrying, paying member for well over 37 years and I know full well what the consequences can be, as one of the moderators already pointed out in a previous post.
When the US Attorney goes to the Grand Jury & returns with indictments in hand & arrest 200 or 300 Teamster Officials across the nation, then I say there is hope. Until then, why are we bothering to talk about it? For it truly is a wasted effort. von.

Nice post. Hard to argue on that brother.. Keep em coming.

Your preaching to the choir,no bodies listening.Lead follow or get the he'll out of the way.