FedEx Freight | Paid Oganizer vs. Union Buster

I absolutely did not defend the right to discriminate based on age. I don't care if you are 20 or 70, if you are a valuable employee I want you, if you aren't I don't.

No slugs getting a free ride, simple.
Sorry I don't believe you, you have already posted in this forum that you thought seniority shouldn't count because a younger employee could run a route quicker and you could get more production out of them. So with that I can see where if you had a business you would be in court constantly defending your discrimination.

Sorry I don't believe you, you have already posted in this forum that you thought seniority shouldn't count because a younger employee could run a route quicker and you could get more production out of them. So with that I can see where if you had a business you would be in court constantly defending your discrimination.

lol he is all over the map contradicting himself.

I believe organizers are paid with the dues of the membership
where so called union busters are employees who are against the union
yes.......no ?

You are confusing seniority and age.

I am not contradicting myself, it is a matter of you believing that I believe something that I didn't say.

You are confusing seniority and age.

I am not contradicting myself, it is a matter of you believing that I believe something that I didn't say.
Don't believe so with seniority comes age and you said yourself that a younger driver could make the run quicker then seniority shouldn't matter. You said now own it.

Don't believe so with seniority comes age and you said yourself that a younger driver could make the run quicker then seniority shouldn't matter. You said now own it.

We have an employee over 60 with less seniority than one of our 35 year olds. So seniority and age don't always correspond.

Yes, I absolutely said that if a younger driver could make a run more efficiently, then seniority shouldn't matter. I am not discriminating against age, I am discriminating against the less efficient. If the old guy is more valuable to me I am not discriminating against him,i will give him work over the young guy even if the young guy has seniority.

It's that clearer? I don't think seniority should bear any weight in many decisions. Age has nothing to do with it.

We have an employee over 60 with less seniority than one of our 35 year olds. So seniority and age don't always correspond.

Yes, I absolutely said that if a younger driver could make a run more efficiently, then seniority shouldn't matter. I am not discriminating against age, I am discriminating against the less efficient. If the old guy is more valuable to me I am not discriminating against him,i will give him work over the young guy even if the young guy has seniority.

It's that clearer? I don't think seniority should bear any weight in many decisions. Age has nothing to do with it.

As I don't know what you do or what your company name is I can't disprove what you just said now can I.

You are sad, and you are discriminating against age with your comment. Some day you will get old and less efficient than the younger guy and maybe you should be sent home with out pay because the employee that started last week is much more efficient than you...........Shame on you!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I don't know what you do or what your company name is I can't disprove what you just said now can I.

Doesn't matter what I do or who I am employed by, you still couldn't disprove it, but why would you need to? Don't you work with anybody below you on the seniority list that is older? How about somebody higher that is younger? It would be rare to not have those examples.

You are sad, and you are discriminating against age with your comment. Some day you will get old and less efficient than the younger guy and maybe you should be sent home with out pay because the employee that started last week is much more efficient than you...........Shame on you!

I am getting older and slower every single day I am alive, so I better find other ways to remain valuable to my employer. When the younger guy is more valuable to my employer than I, I fully expect to be "sent home".

Why, in your ideology, is it acceptable to discriminate against the younger?

Doesn't matter what I do or who I am employed by, you still couldn't disprove it, but why would you need to? Don't you work with anybody below you on the seniority list that is older? How about somebody higher that is younger? It would be rare to not have those examples.

I am getting older and slower every single day I am alive, so I better find other ways to remain valuable to my employer. When the younger guy is more valuable to my employer than I, I fully expect to be "sent home".

Every single employee young and old has the right to perform their work duties at their best. Your ideology is exactly why an employee needs a contract.

Sir, you are sounding like you do need a contract.. Why should you have to work harder than you do now, to keep your job... As long as you do your job, why should you be pressured because of your age? Under contract, they can't do that and the fear is gone.... A workplace should be enjoyable and a safe place to work.. In my experience of the younger driver, they wouldn't drive for me.. Grabbing 5 gears before they get to the gate.. Dragging tires around the yard, flat-spotting them.. Who do you think has to buy those tires? Yes, you, because the raise you didn't get, pays for those who screw things up for the rest... Am I discriminating, no, just stating fact...

Everyone has to start somewhere, just like we did.. We were young at one time, but having seniority gave me the reason to stay.. Thinking, one day I'll be where that 20 year guy is..

Every single employee young and old has the right to perform their work duties at their best.

B.S. It's a business not a charity. If my best isn't good enough then my employer shouldn't have any obligation moral or legal to keep me around whether I am 20 or 70.

Why should you have to work harder than you do now, to keep your job..

You don't have to work harder to keep your job. Continue to find ways to remain valuable to your employer and they'll keep you around. You may know a safety guy/trainer at Estes that had 30 years at GI when Estes purchased them. He was s-l-o-w as molasses back then. I don't think I ever saw him break a sweat, but had 30 years accident free, had a really high-mileage tractor that was very rarely down for any repairs, he has found a way to remain valuable to his employer by using his abilities and knowledge.

Starkravinloon said:
In my experience of the younger driver, they wouldn't drive for me.. Grabbing 5 gears before they get to the gate.. Dragging tires around the yard, flat-spotting them.. Who do you think has to buy those tires? Yes, you, because the raise you didn't get, pays for those who screw things up for the rest..

Am I discriminating, no, just stating fact..

Yes, you are discriminating based on their age. However, if you said "I am not going to hire you because your lack of experience" as it suggests to you (and me) that you will be too hard on equipment and are likely to have accidents. That's okay.

Seniority should always prevail no matter what !!!! To think any different is ignorant!!!

Now you have really contradicted your self, Seniority bears no weight. Age has nothing to do with it!!!! WOW your all over the place on this one!!

Now you have really contradicted your self, Seniority bears no weight. Age has nothing to do with it!!!! WOW your all over the place on this one!!

It's not a contradiction. Why is that hard for you to grasp?

Do you have seniority over anybody older than you? How about any body younger than you with more seniority? If so, it will be clear to you that age and seniority don't have to correspond.

Yes, you are discriminating based on their age. However, if you said "I am not going to hire you because your lack of experience" as it suggests to you (and me) that you will be too hard on equipment and are likely to have accidents. That's okay.

No, that's the difference between someone who cares and someone who don't, comparatively speaking.. I said "in my experiences", that's not discriminating... That's comparing the two..Like taking a poll, for example... Do you also believe the Baby Boomers are stealing our Social Security? Wake up man, it's 11am where I am..

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that's the difference between someone who cares and someone who don't, comparatively speaking.. I said "in my experiences", that's not discriminating...

Agreed.

You can't say you won't hire them because they are young ,that's discrimination. You are not hiring them, because in your experience, they don't care.

Same with my situation. I don't care how old, or how much seniority. I only care about their value to the company.

Starkravinloon said:
Do you also believe the Baby Boomers are stealing our Social Security? Wake up man, it's 11am where I am..

Not really apropos to the topic, but I'll follow you down that path. They are not stealing anything. It's the Actuaries and the Politicians that screwed the pooch. Too much coming out and not enough going in. Simple as that. If I could opt out I would. I can't. So, I am paying for the people a generation before me, who paid for the generation before them. Not counting on any benefits when I retire, if it is there it will be icing on the cake.

Currently we are putting in 15.3% of the first 117K we make per year. A maximum annual contribution of $17,900, yet pulling out a max annual benefit of $31,704. That is unsustainable if you have the same amount of folks contributing as those receiving benefits.