XPO | Pay Cut....

Care to elaborate???

I guess he is talking about July first when we get to the f.a.c they want us to clock out and take 30 min lunch. According to con-way, D.o.t rules. All D.o.t wants to see is the 30 min of on logs. Con-way is using this to their benefit to steal 30 every night.
I love xcw, it makes me happy

I guess he is talking about July first when we get to the f.a.c they want us to clock out and take 30 min lunch. According to con-way, D.o.t rules. All D.o.t wants to see is the 30 min of on logs. Con-way is using this to their benefit to steal 30 every night.
I work at an FAC and have not heard of this

Sounds like the CON way way to me...... blame it on the government. Wait until they put their spin on obamacare at the end of this year, and see who gets the blame for your misfortune again.

Sounds like the CON way way to me...... blame it on the government. Wait until they put their spin on obamacare at the end of this year, and see who gets the blame for your misfortune again.
So this is part of the HOS rule changes where you have to show a break during or after 8 hours or something like that?

Rest breaks
None except as limited by other rule provisions. May drive only if 8 hours or less have passed since end of driver’s last off-duty or sleeper berth period of at least 30 minutes. [49 CFR 397.5 mandatory “in attendance” time for hazardous materials may be included in break if no other duties performed]

This is one of the new HOS rules. All carriers have to comply with this. its not just Conway.

Summary of Hours-of-Service (HOS) Regulations - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Start writing dsrs up for not showing a half hour break before driving after working 8 hours-problem solved. Instead the co. Would rather pay part timers $10.00 less an hour for every one to sit off the clock @ the reship. Now lets all show our two 15 min. Breaks on the way home to be extra safe. Oh and come and get me please when those 2 extra breaks throw me over my 14hour rule.

this is a new DOT rule, anyone driving a CDL trk must take the 30 min break. This has been coming for a while. At FedEx Frght the must take between 4th-6th hr . All drivers will have learn to deal with this.

this is a new DOT rule, anyone driving a CDL trk must take the 30 min break. This has been coming for a while. At FedEx Frght the must take between 4th-6th hr . All drivers will have learn to deal with this.

Did i not read the rule correct, Summary of Hours-of-Service (HOS) Regulations - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration . May drive only if 8 hours or less have passed since end of driver’s last off-duty or sleeper berth period of at least 30 minutes. [49 CFR 397.5 mandatory “in attendance” time for hazardous materials may be included in break if no other duties performed]

man... too much drama! ya know this affects the city operation too fellas. It's not brain surgery, just a rule change, and the company has not released their interpretations yet, why all this turmoil? a)Drive to reship b)work dock c)take a thirty minute break d)drive home, sounds pretty simple to me.

man... too much drama! ya know this affects the city operation too fellas. It's not brain surgery, just a rule change, and the company has not released their interpretations yet, why all this turmoil? a)Drive to reship b)work dock c)take a thirty minute break d)drive home, sounds pretty simple to me.

A) drive to reship b) break set c) swipe lunch on Kronos d) work dock e) drive home .

Your break must start before you start your 8th hour of of work. Example. If your start time is 8am you must start your break before 4:01. Little easier to deal with if running paper logs. Eobr's. not much choice. The 30 minute break will cost time. The 34 hr rule will cost $$$$.

So if its mandated by the dot, what's the big deal? Your off the clock for your break, how is Conway stealing time from you? I know when you enter lunch on the handheld doing p&d, it shuts it down for the duration of your lunch. The half hour break stops the clock, so I don't understand the issue?

So if its mandated by the dot, what's the big deal? Your off the clock for your break, how is Conway stealing time from you? I know when you enter lunch on the handheld doing p&d, it shuts it down for the duration of your lunch. The half hour break stops the clock, so I don't understand the issue?

Some people just need something to complain about.

A) drive to reship b) break set c) swipe lunch on Kronos d) work dock e) drive home .
Either way, your taking 30 minutes without getting paid. It makes no difference. Non at all.most people don't want to work the dock..so I'm sure they'll welcome the break..then maybe their load will be ready. Besides, it's the law. Conway don't make the laws. Not yet anyways.

I love how lack of information doesn't stop some people from jumping in and blaming Con-way.
I think it's a stupid rule change that will only lengthen my day by 30 minutes, but it's a DOT thing, not a company thing.
I also think it's just a proposal, not a rule yet.
Am I one of a select few that went to the meeting about this where they asked for input and suggestions?
Jeez!

No problem. I get back 1/2 hour later, daylane guys get back 1/2 later and it all snowballs. Come Friday, 5-6 hour delay.