FedEx Freight | Paying for uniforms?

I guess the part I don't understand is how can some of us be made to buy uniforms and some do not because of where we live.::shit::

I guess the part I don't understand is how can some of us be made to buy uniforms and some do not because of where we live.::shit::

I guess the same way they can pay you according to where you live.

Where are ya'll hearing about buying uniforms? I haven't heard a thing about this. Last I heard they did a survey to try and figure out if it was necessary for ROAD DRIVERS to wear uniforms.

Well I say if they want us to pay for them then we should join Big Brown and become brothers? I am about tired of getting kicked in the balls...:nutkick:

Sorry guys, that link I found was the closest thing I could find as far as generic state law.:hide: You might have to call your state labor board to get the correct info.

Geez... much ado about nothing. You get $50 each fiscal year to spend on uniforms. Don't look at the uniform order forms that are currently floating around, the prices on there are WRONG. It will be updated with new LOWER prices. What until that comes out until you pass judgement. The company is just trying to get everybody focused on cost cutting. Remember, the uniforms aren't free now. The company is paying for them and that is money that could be spent on something else. If everybody is more aware of the cost to the company, maybe folks will take care of the uniforms and only order what they need. I suspect that if you take care of your uniforms and don't waste your allotment, you'll never have a problem.

PS. The "purple promise" thong will still cost $42.50.

I say let the night time road drivers wear blue jeans and with all the money that will save, it will pay for the city drivers and daytime road drivers uniforms :clap:

Can I get a hell ya!

Calif. law says employer must pay for uniform 100% if it required for the job. $50 a year what a joke Fedex is.....

California drivers are also under different rules,like delay pay.So they may be under exempt for uniforms while the rest of us pay.

I hate to say it but I think all of are wrong on this new policy. It was explained to me today. Imagine that Fedex is giving all of us Fedex silly money in the tune of $50.00. Now you are told that you can spend it any way you want in regards to purchasing uniforms. Now you say, Fifty bucks won't go to far. We don't know how far it will go yet until the pricing comes out. From what I have been told, It will go something like this, Shirts 5.00, pants 4.00, shorts 3.00. Now the fifty bucks WOULD go a little further. This is the way it was explained to me today. Only time will tell if this is really the new program. Also, If a shirt lets say is ruined by a broken open open bucket of paint or shorts ripped on a piece of freight then YOUR service center would have to pay to replace it.

I guess the leadership in harrison has never heard of the pullman railcar company. They need to study up on their history. Yes history does repeat itself.

I got a pair with a hole in the crotch I'm wearing on Monday.

(no underwear)