Central Transport | People quitting !!!

PITRAN HONKEY LIPS

TB Lurker
Credits
lets keep track of how many people are quitting at their respective terminals. feel free to mention a state -- but i would suggest not mentioning the Hub.
2 dockworkers left and filled for unemployment. both of those guys have a lot of expeirance and are going on several interviews each week. AND BOTH ARE ENJOYING UNEMPLOYMENT.
1 driver left

anybody else care to comment ?:grouphug:

one linehaul(wothless) left last month,2 more already had interviews-probably will be gone in 3 wks. 2-3 looking real hard-just have to make the decision to jump ship. TM is willing to hire anything with a pulse at this point. Did hire 1 new road this week. 10 out of 15 LH spots filled. Can't speak about the city drivers,though.

they're hiring some real winners. few quit after 1st week, applicants either don't go to the pre-employment drug screen or don't pass. most drivers know not to go here because bottomfeeder freight, garbage equipment and lowest wage in the ltl.

I know here we've had at least 10 dock workers quit in the last month. not sure how many P&D drivers have left but it has been more than a few, many others are looking and have had interviews. Linehaul only 1 has quit but there will be others. We put our new bids in last week and for the most part the miles are a lot lower than in years past, and our drivers are mileage *****s so they are pissed about it. I think our TM could possibly be gone this week, we got someone from corporate over here and he has already claimed the TM's office and desk. I'm in illinois, wont say what city but it is down the street from one of the busiest airports in the world :Poke:

I know here we've had at least 10 dock workers quit in the last month. not sure how many P&D drivers have left but it has been more than a few, many others are looking and have had interviews. Linehaul only 1 has quit but there will be others. We put our new bids in last week and for the most part the miles are a lot lower than in years past, and our drivers are mileage *****s so they are pissed about it. I think our TM could possibly be gone this week, we got someone from corporate over here and he has already claimed the TM's office and desk. I'm in illinois, wont say what city but it is down the street from one of the busiest airports in the world :Poke:
patrick? lol.

Granted, some of our dockworkers were very much overpaid, a 9th grader could do their job, but there is that few that ARE underpaid because they actually cared about what they did in a safe and timely manner. To bad the good ones are being scouted by other companies, and the lower ones can't work anywhere else but MC Donald's drive through (that is, if even they would hire 'em)

one linehaul(wothless) left last month,2 more already had interviews-probably will be gone in 3 wks. 2-3 looking real hard-just have to make the decision to jump ship. TM is willing to hire anything with a pulse at this point. Did hire 1 new road this week. 10 out of 15 LH spots filled. Can't speak about the city drivers,though.
We had a new P&D hire quit after a few days. From the comments on the equipment, I know at least two new LH drivers won't be here long, not that they were experienced or anything(one couldn't even hook up a trailer right).
Our TM says he can't even get in any applicants, few if any respond to the ads. We still have about 20% of the new LH runs not covered, but hey, we don't have the trucks, so it all works out. :hysterical:

not that they were experienced or anything(one couldn't even hook up a trailer right).

Wish they would teach these rookies that you back under the same end that the light cord and air lines hook too!! :biglaugh:

Maybe that is what needed, aka centralize our operations, keep decisions concise and company wide, interpretations are just that, your opinion, and we all know about people's opinions :eck13: everyone has one and some stink:crybaby:

Depends on your State dude, each State decides what their laws are. I have seen people quit factory jobs over politics and get it even though they were offered a transfer to the dock ect.

the line haul drivers at my terminal are losing a nites pay under the new runs. one of the lower drivers is being cut to 1800 miles a week. at 43 cents a mile that pay sucks. plus he has the family insurance plan and says he will be lucky to clear
$350 a week after the insurance comes out.

And more to come. EVERY morning we compare notes on who is hiring and who is not, each driver watches something different so we pool our resources to benefit each other. Basically no one is happy.