XPO | Pet Peeves.... only one ( or so) sentence please !!

lowering the trailer is alot easier than tring to crank down the dollies legs on a loaded trailer becasue some dumb_____- is too lazy to lower the legs an inch off the ground when he/she drops..... it just really does not matter I get a long hook time for all da lazy people...So thanks

lowering the trailer is alot easier than tring to crank down the dollies legs on a loaded trailer becasue some dumb_____- is too lazy to lower the legs an inch off the ground when he/she drops..... it just really does not matter I get a long hook time for all da lazy people...So thanks

sucks in the rain though

Originating SIC sending freight to the FAC's without pro numbers on the freight....

That drives me crazy. Who are these drivers out there that DON'T PRO THE FREIGHT or DON'T SIGN FOR WHAT THEY PICKED UP. You picked up 5!!! 5 what??? 5 pieces, parcels, pizzas, pies, parrots, peters, pauls, or mary's. WTF How about 5 skids or 3 skids and 2 loose pieces or whatever.:wtflol::wtflol::crybaby::smilies-19296:

read post # 106. was being tounge in cheek about pet peeves. read post #114. HE GOT IT...

Last edited by a moderator:
They put a light in the freighliners, a black ice light that will blind you and the lights are coming on and it's 70 out. We were told the weather channel paid for them.

That drives me crazy. Who are these drivers out there that DON'T PRO THE FREIGHT or DON'T SIGN FOR WHAT THEY PICKED UP. You picked up 5!!! 5 what??? 5 pieces, parcels, pizzas, pies, parrots, peters, pauls, or mary's. WTF How about 5 skids or 3 skids and 2 loose pieces or whatever.:wtflol::wtflol::crybaby::smilies-19296:

u r correct sir things would be so much simpler if we would all do the little easy steps...lazy city dsr's

u r correct sir things would be so much simpler if we would all do the little easy steps...lazy city dsr's
If i am not mistaking is that not the case when trailer's are spotted at a dock and they load it? This happen's when a customer load's several trailer's that are dropped there. How long you guy's been picking up freight?

If i am not mistaking is that not the case when trailer's are spotted at a dock and they load it? This happen's when a customer load's several trailer's that are dropped there. How long you guy's been picking up freight?

That is not always the case.There are drivers out there that sign there that scibble something on the BOL and call it good.

What if you bid esl for instance and got stuck with leisha for instance. Would you want to be in the same truck as her? If she had not bid yet and you turned in your bid......bam! Its a long year of "romance"! She no longer works there........but some of the XCO guys remember her. rotflmao!!!! Beetlejuice!!!!! Beetlejuice!!!!! Beetlejuice!!!!!!

I kill myself....

Now you know why they wait......no blind bidding.

These are two examples of why the system is broken....

Micro-management at its worst. This company seems to go from one extreme to the other...which is indicative of a lack of trust and respect for the professional expertise of the people doing the work.

Until such a time the drivers are repected for their abilities and knowledge...nothing is going to change.

Each location seems to do things their own way...regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

What needs to happen is to make the local management accountable for their interaction with the rank and file. These folks seem to think because the hold some title they have a license to belittle the people doing the work.

This is rampant and it needs to change.

Some of these managers are out of control.

As I have said before...you want engaged employees then engage them first and they will respond in kind.

(The deck above my soapbox is almost finished for those who are interested!)

Standardize the operation and hold these people as accountable as they wish to hold their subordinates and it will change...until that happens it will be same ole...same ole!...

What make or breaks this company will be the people employed therein...not rules...not policies...not edicts from some cubicle...the people...plain and simple.

When Dougie and the peeps occupying the palace come to grips with this and take the neccessary steps to alleviate the out-of-balance styles of some managers then things will change...not before.

Rat

I understand your frustration, and I do believe the Teddy Roosevelt quote, "People above you open doors, people below you push you through them." Yes, I was an FOS, and have moved on to other things because of the way people were treated. You do also have to know there are new people in all areas of the business who needed teaching. Yes, seniored drivers shouldn't be lectured like a first year guy. Everyone are adults and should be treated like such. The problem is instead of teaching or working with each other, everyone seems to point fingers and complain. Guess what? Work doesn't get done that way. Not to mention it creates more stress and will eventually lose customers. When that happens, just make sure you aren't the first ones on here to point fingers why you don't have enough hours. Areas of the building I worked in were both. Some worked as a team and some looked out for themselves. Like they always say....spend too much time looking out for yourself, sooner or later, you will be the only one looking.

Ohh.. I see I am not the only one that looks like an idiot when I show up to a customer and they we have already been there once today. Looks like we are a bunch of morons going to the same customer 2-3 times a day.:duh:
There were 3 of us at the same customer at the same time, with 1 skid each!

watching the same quaterly leader award winner punch in a minute before starting time then go in the locker room to get his uniform on every day.

watching the same quaterly leader award winner punch in a minute before starting time then go in the locker room to get his uniform on every day.

When your a good employee, you can do stuff like that. Maybe you should see a doctor.

People complain for two reasons. One, they want something someone else has, or two....they are doing the exact same thing the person is doing, but just can't admit it to themselves. Think about that when you read all of these posts. Yes, mistakes happen, but problems can be corrected.

Yes, I understand about drop trailers, but those trailers aren't picked up and moved by linehaul, they first go back to the origin sic to be loaded out to the proper fac's, correct? It's a simple matter for the originating sic to pro the freight before it leaves their barn. Just how many man-hours are wasted everyday by not having the pro numbers on the freight to scan or punch in by hand? When the freight gets separated from the BOL, or gets put onto a trailer that it is not t-conned onto, it can sometimes take hours or days of research to get the freight to the right customer.