XPO | Pet Peeves.... only one ( or so) sentence please !!

Guys who think they are Freight-men but are really only truck drivers, they sure hired enough of them in the last year. Only ones that are left are so bad they can't find a truck driving job :(

Guys that close pintle hooks on the back of a tail trailer,they hear something go snap and think they have accomplished something on their walkaround.

who ever staples the bill packets with more than twenty staples !!! your a dip-stick !!! no wonder we never get any bonus's we are buying staples !!! including the side of the envelope, really ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulling trailers away from the dock with the doors up and ramps inside. I got pulled out to the yard recently, somehow other driver still has his job.

Docking 3 trailers worth of freight to wait for a headload that takes less than 4 feet of a trailer and weighs less than 500 lbs.

Cutting one door into another just in time to see the trailer just cut is now the back up for the same lane.

Making 3 trips down the dock to find an MT for the supervisor that will not leave the office and has no clue what is happening on the dock.

Watching 5 other people ask for the same backup I already got because the system doesn't get updated.

FOS complaining about my breakdown time instead of following up on who brought in problem equipment that I took to get repaired.

Working for a company that they think that safety is a priority as long as it don't cost the management any money.

Setting up to back up to the customers dock off the street, four ways flashing, a couple of good long blasts on the air horn, and as I start to back it up having four wheelers squeezing around me on both sides because they can't stop for 15 seconds and let a truck back up. F-ing POS four wheelers burn in hell.:TR10driving03:

Just keep backing up.....what I do. F'em They havent hit me yet.

Setting up to back up to the customers dock off the street, four ways flashing, a couple of good long blasts on the air horn, and as I start to back it up having four wheelers squeezing around me on both sides because they can't stop for 15 seconds and let a truck back up. F-ing POS four wheelers burn in hell.:TR10driving03:

Evidently i havent seen any problem out of our lower senior drivers/dock help. Some of them work harder than a lot of guys that have been here a long time. Yes, some of them need our guidance,advise, help,,,,,,, dont be afraid to speak up to them, if they wont listen then take it a step higher, if that dont work then, you tried. Ive been employed here for 16yrs and I didnt know jack about loading freight, luckily I had some great teachers who are still here,

Yea, you would see that if you would ever break a daylane trailer from XKC. What a mess!

How about hooking your trailers at the dock and another Con-Way driver does the same thing?