Yellow | Plan B How are you going to Vote? You Do Not Have to be registered to vote!

Plan B How are you going to Vote?

• Total voters
1457 people on YRC alone.
I can see Jeff sitting in his captain chair yelling "engine room - more power to the YRC bandwith" Scotty yelling back I'm givin it all its got captain!

Jeff better toss in a couple of extra di-lithium crystals.:1036316054:

I thinking more quarters.........................

There's a few who get a bit upset when we joke. But I just can't be POed all the time.

The union is still needed for the Conway's of trucking but since YRC took the concessions the management no longer fears the union.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I agree....It would be beneficial for the Employees of those Companys .....Perhaps if we look at the other side of the coin for a moment....If it is as you say, that management no longer "fears" the Union, then perhaps it might be easier to start to organize them.......

They do not fear the union cause they know the employee would be skeptical since YRC weakened the union further.

They do not fear the union cause they know the employee would be skeptical since YRC weakened the union further.

I understand how you think that.....I think if the vote swings "no" and they do Close...that will weaken the Union even further than approving the latest deal.......I don't believe that the Hostess closing did any good for the Union ....nor will the closure of YRCW....

I agree that the Unions image is not as positive as it once was......I think it's due, in large part, to all the Companies that have gone out of Business over the last 30 years which has caused a lot more of the weakness in the Union than just the concessions at YRCW currently....

Also, and not the least of the problem with the Unions Image, is the even larger anti-Union propaganda in the Media that has been omnipresent for many years.....along with the Unions allowing doublebreasting back in the day when they had the Strength to stop such practices... I wonder how much different things would been if the Union would have Told CF back when they started the Conway Companies....CCX ect... that it would be fine to start them...but they would have to be under the Union umbrella.....

they know the employee would be skeptical

That's, unfortunately, true to a to large of an extent....and that harkens back to my comments about Media Propaganda to a large degree...In my opinion..

If that's the case I can only imagine where I stand! :hide:

Your "management" you don't have anything to worry about......
smiley-scared007.gif

Also, and not the least of the problem with the Unions Image, is the even larger anti-Union propaganda in the Media that has been omnipresent for many years.....

"Unions began forming in the mid-19th century in response to the social and economic impact of the industrial revolution. National labor unions began to form in the post-Civil War Era".

In spite of the fact that industry has made incredible progress since 1850 in extracting more steel from a ton of ore and more wheat from an acre of land, few seem to realize just how successful industry has been in containing labor's ambitions.