TForce | Possible Employment

Still confused at a parcel hub who will print the DR's?, make appointments for residential deliveries?, do parcel hubs have dock plates and forklifts to load and unload, Does anyone know if ups freight is building or buying any barns in WI, IA, IL, or MI. I guess if a ups freight employee went to the website he or she could tell wether or not there are barns in the towns they are hiring for. Doing the stuff out of the parcel center sounds like a nightmare!!!

My position will be for UPS Freight, I interviewed at the Kaukauna,WI terminal which used to be Overnite. They told me they will have line-haul bringing trailers to Rhinelander and in the morning I would break trailers on a forklift and load my trailer. They told me this is how it would be until more terminals were opened up in Northern Wisconsin. Hope this helps a little bit.

good info.....

its interesting how these zone operations are starting up.

did he say how many he was hiring for this particular zone?

i deliver to some parcel hubs and i have seen 10 or so docks with dock plates to unload some feeder trucks that come on skids. Im assuming there might be a seperate side of the hub to accomadate our needs. Maybe set up a temporary office or something for dispatch, etc. Hubs do have some forklifts but they will obviously have to bring in more. This is UPS they have a plan believe me.

Any opinions on wether they would buy or lease a terminal right now. I'm just wondering because there is an empty roadway terminal 3 blocks from the parcel hub. To me it would be perfect size to start out. It's about ten doors. The UPS parcel center doesn't have any doors to unload palletized freight, I drove by and looked. But who knows, and yes I'm sure they have a plan. They didn't get where they are now as a company by screwing around.

I was told it would be temporary until things are finished. He didn't go into great detail but by the sounds of it UPS Freight is looking to take over Wisconsin. I know a guy that drives for USF and I know back in November/December he was talking how Yellow Freight is in bad shape. I know Yellow,USF,and Roadway are all owned by the same company. Maybe UPS is looking to buy someone out? Anyway I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I get the job.

I know the Iron Mountain drivers will be parking the rigs in Escanaba, thats the word out of the Kaukauna,WI Freight terminal.

how about equipment? how does all the tractors and city trailers get up there? will they just use the pups that came in off the road?

i wonder if these zone locations that are opening up are getting brand new tractors and trailers.

i say WTF to that! lol!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Woodnnn, Where is the new service center? It is just dropped trailers in an empty parking lot? I know kaukauna has been around a while why are they taking the new tractors their?

Woodnnn, Where is the new service center? It is just dropped trailers in an empty parking lot? I know kaukauna has been around a while why are they taking the new tractors their?
there is one in lacrosse one in EAU CLAIRE one in RHINELANDER and one in RICE LAKE. I heard the one in RHINELANDER is one the ups package grounds. and they are loading drop trailers in app.

That sounds right, I know they want to get this going as soon as possible from what Jim M. said. Can they get rid of N&M Transfer anytime they want or is there a contract?
I'm hoping to hear this week about the job.

What is the starting pay for line haul with UPS freight anyways? They r opening a yard over by Lacrosse I hear. Is it decent starting wages? Help me out line haul

What is the starting pay for line haul with UPS freight anyways? They r opening a yard over by Lacrosse I hear. Is it decent starting wages? Help me out line haul

Some one can correct me if I am wrong.

Start .3807
Seniority .4079
12 months .4350
24 months .4894
36 months top rate is currently .5690 with a raise every 6 months for the term of the contract 4 1/2 years remaining to top out at .6603 per mile

I noticed on Career Builder UPS Freight has 2 job posting up for Rice Lake,WI & La Crosse,WI. Human resources emailed me and asked me to fill out a application, then called to set up a interview.

Will do Buster I hope to hear this week, being umemployed for 2 months now is driving me nuts. I'm looking forward ro relocating so I'll let you know when I find out.