Estes | Post the estes express lines news!!!

Estes has completed an expansion to their Fontana Ca. terminal. I think they just about doubled the amount of doors. Lamirada Ca. has always been the break bulk facility for the LA. basin. They are going to move the break bulk operations to the Fontana facility soon. There is a huge amount of seniority in both of these facilities. It will be very interesting to watch and see how much thought is put into this operational move. People are watching very carefully as to Estes' respect for seniority. I wish all who will be affected the best of luck. Elvis out....

I wonder whats happening in 010. They cancelled 25 runs and sent them to 018. No runs up I-95 at all. I got less than 1500 mi last 3 weeks. no miles at all last week.

Welcome to the boards drivar! I think its going to be a long winter and then some. I remember they said things will pick up last winter at this time. I'm still waiting for things to pick up from 2 years ago at this time.:popcorn:

Well I sat in Tampa for 19 hours including my 10 hour brk. then another 3 in Atlanta for them to tell me to go to bed. Turned in 1500 miles today. I hate to say it but it still looks like we have to many drivers for the amount of frt we have. could be more terminations coming!

I wonder whats happening in 010. They cancelled 25 runs and sent them to 018. No runs up I-95 at all. I got less than 1500 mi last 3 weeks. no miles at all last week.

Hello mist,
alot going on at 010, they pulled about 25% of the break freight out and gave it to 017, this coupled with the economic slow down has caused alot of cut backs in 010.
Hope things pick up for you soon.......

I was talking with one of you drivers out of the northeast and he was told if things don't pickup in the next few months there's going to be some big time layoffs.Any truth to this?I know you guys are running a lot of m/ts up here so it wouldn't surprise me.

I was talking with one of you drivers out of the northeast and he was told if things don't pickup in the next few months there's going to be some big time layoffs.Any truth to this?I know you guys are running a lot of m/ts up here so it wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds like an opinion to me... We survived the first round untouched

To answer your question, no there probably is not any truth to that rumor. I also doubt that we are running alot of emptys. Central will not hardly move a empty at all right now. As a matter of fact our N.east Terminals seem to be healthy, alot of extra guys I know up there getting hooks.

on my post the other day I mistakenly said o18, it should have stated o17. Just hope the new man is have as good as they think. Some are wanting the inaugural stepped up so he can start the magic.

SO us dummys in kansas are hearin of more layoffs happened the end of last week ?? is that true ?? thanks

SO us dummys in kansas are hearin of more layoffs happened the end of last week ?? is that true ?? thanks

All is quite on my side of the map...no new lay-offs since the first round. Frieght holding up good around my barn, my schedule running two full pups both ways almost every night.

for the record

on my post the other day I mistakenly said o18, it should have stated o17. Just hope the new man is have as good as they think. Some are wanting the inaugural stepped up so he can start the magic.

for the record i think congress which is dem controlled has had 2 years to "fix" the problems i did not vote for:bowdown: barak hussein obama i voted for other than rep. or dem. mostly out of protest the only thing i do pray for is for government to stay out of my money and my guns and my business. greed is the cause of most of the problems we have now (credit..oil..etc.) and i do wish obama a quick end to the problems :Die:

Bailout the banks. Bailout the auto workers. Bailout the small buisness owners including owner ops. Bailout all the ltl carriers. Give the taxpayers $50,000 and an additional $15,000 for each kid. Pay-off the non taxpayers irs debt. Raise the min. wage to $20.00 hr...... There the economy's is fixed.

ummm ..... Houston we have a problem. a little thing called no money for this is an issue

They have it. They have the money machine and the paper. Give me that machine i'll show em how it works.