Yellow | Problem at 525.

Ok. Whatever Von.
We are doing what we can.
I'm done with it so someone can delete the thread.
Sorry it upsets you or anyone else.

No I am not upset. I am retired & have no skin in your safety issues. But, I have directly experienced an injury due to safety issues not being fixed. My point was for somebody to do something about the very problem they are crying about. And I wish your crew at that barn a successful conclusion. Our lighting problem in our yard was fixed because someone did something about it. If you want a safety problem fixed at work, file formal complaints with OSHA or slow down on the dock because it is unsafe. When the 0800 drivers come in to start their P & D runs & spend 2 or 3 hours pulling freight off the inbound trailers to load their own runs, maybe the boss might re-think his decision. Until you ACT and have an effect that threatens their revenue, the lighting won't change. The company said 2 weeks. On the 15th day, if the problem still exists, then it will be time to ACT. von.

Von.
Just what you say.
Nobody was.... is exaggerating.
Stairway doesn't show it. You have to be on the dock and working it. Yard is brighter than the dock and it is worse.
And no. It doesn't get dark earlier here. 7 10 sunsets. Central time. Lol.
I've done what I can do is all I am gonna say.
I cannot do anymore.

Last edited:
Von.
Just what you say.
Stairway doesn't show it. You have to be on the dock and working it. Yard is brighter than the dock and it is worse.
I cannot do anymore.
I can respect that. Like I said, good luck with the lighting. When our road driver filed over the lights she actually gave a copy of the complaint to the TM & said 'maybe now something will get done'. But keep in mind she had a target painted on her back by manaegment long before the light issue. Not easy fighting city hall. von.

Von.
Just what you say.
I cannot do anymore.

Try some spinach.

Von.
Just what you say.
I cannot do anymore.
I hear you. On the older fork lifts half of the 2 lights on the frame were burnt out. Never a bulb when you needed one. I was on light duty in the office & I ordered a case of 12. They were gone in 2 days, that is how many bulbs were burnt out. Ont the newer lifts they use LED which lasts longer & has less problems with the constant vibration & pounding.

Sit in break room and file under article 16.
I agree. That would produce the fastest response. But ya got to get the dock workers on the same page to have any effect. If you go that route & they threaten to fire you. Tell them the next business day you wile be filling with you local OSHA Office. And if you have to go that route, tell him the complaints on the OSHA form will be more than 1, making the light problem like a walk in the park.

Yes FM, I remember those days when BA's would do stuff like that and we all thought how cool that was. But let me ask you a question, where are all those jobs today?

By the way, the part of mysticobra's original post that I found interesting was this line - "But the saftey man was in on a conference call with the TM and the lighting company and the lighting company they contracted said it would be two weeks to start putting in ballasts and new led bulbs that are supposedly 3 times brighter." So it appears that the situation is being corrected isn't it? Nothing like making a mountain out of a molehill wouldn't you say?
Unless you have to work in the dark for the next three weeks eh?

They got the problem fixed yesterday.
Thank goodness.
We should not have had to do that one day.
Thanks for the support. Here and there. Lol.
Now ya'll come back now ya hear?
Sarcasm. Please. No emails.

They got the problem fixed yesterday.
Thank goodness.
We should not have had to do that one day.
Thanks for the support. Here and there. Lol.
Now ya'll come back now ya hear?
Sarcasm. Please. No emails.
I would like to hope the pressure you put on YRC resulted in the lights being fixed sooner. If not, I am glad you are back working on a safer dock.

I can see it is brighter all the way up here in the Midwest.... it all started around 0630 this morning...

I would like to hope the pressure you put on YRC resulted in the lights being fixed sooner. If not, I am glad you are back working on a safer dock.
Yes. They won't say. But there was pressure.
I can see it is brighter all the way up here in the Midwest.... it all started around 0630 this morning...
And yes. Again. You should see it up there at the Reimer terminals! Lol.
Good to have lights. Bright too. Nice.

Last edited:
Yes. They won't say. But there was pressure.

And yes. Again. You should see it up there at the Reimer terminals! Lol.
Good to have lights. Bright too. Nice.
cool-sunglasses.jpg

Up here in the frozen tundra, the ole dock lights ain't all that great here either when it's -30 degrees.
Buy yourself a halogen light, mount it on a mini light bar that's mobile, attach it to the jeep battery, and light up the dock like your at a football game.

Don't ever forget that the YRCW execs read truckingboards.com too! Rank and File Power!

vRoJPwZ.jpg

:smilies 19296:
If they read the posts on TN you can believe they DO NOT want Government Inspectors crawling thru their records or their properties. I do believe the pressure by the rank & file made a difference. If it didn't you would still be in the dark. von.

Damn it:ranting2: now the cameras can see everything going on the dock now at 525. Now look at the camera and give a wave to management to say hello now you can see me...:fingure:

Damn it:ranting2: now the cameras can see everything going on the dock now at 525. Now look at the camera and give a wave to management to say hello now you can see me...:fingure:
Get 2 cans of black marine spar spray paint ready. Go find the master switch handle or main breaker, and pull it. Run back to the cameras and press down on the nozzle on top of the can, in the direction of the lens. Be sure the cameras are not on battery backup. With any luck the supervisor will be to busy trying to find a flashlight to notice the artist creating his masterpiece.

Get 2 cans of black marine spar spray paint ready. Go find the master switch handle or main breaker, and pull it. Run back to the cameras and press down on the nozzle on top of the can, in the direction of the lens. Be sure the cameras are not on battery backup. With any luck the supervisor will be to busy trying to find a flashlight to notice the artist creating his masterpiece.
You must be working at my barn brother :27::27: