XPO | Puzzling

he only wanted menlo to begin with, why do you think anything would change. he's not going to come out and say he's trying to sell the LTL. they're doing what it takes to keep the workforce and the customers happy

he only wanted menlo to begin with, why do you think anything would change. he's not going to come out and say he's trying to sell the LTL. they're doing what it takes to keep the workforce and the customers happy
I'm not sure if they're going to sell us off. Though it seems like they are taking their good old time trying to figure out if they want to make any changes in operations, kind of like the Lean Team taking 6 weeks to paint a 4x8 sheet of plywood so they can nail it to the wall and hang up brooms, which bu the way took another 6 weeks to hang

If they plan on selling the LTL division, why spend money on the rebranding?

If he doesn't want to be involved in LTL, why did he spend 3.5 billion on the french outfit? Is that just an expensive ruse?

When I was self employed, and wanted to borrow money, I had to have an extensive business plan. Did he tell the investors at JP Morgan that his plan was to buy the whole company and see if he can sell the parts he doesn't want? Does that sound like a good plan? Would you lend money with a business plan like that?

I know negative rumor mongering is easier than thinking, but is it too much to ask that we use a little logic?

:heykoolaid:
How can you say that you miss Conway? I far as I'm concerned, Conway is what we still are. Think about it...we still have all of Conway's procedures, SWI's, SCM's, FOS people etc. Nothing's been re-branded... only given a XPO hat and a winter jacket. The only thing that I can see that has changed is our name for right now. XPO hasn't put any of Conway's philosophy and their way of doing things to bed, nor have they come up w/ any of their original ideas on how to run us. I get where you're coming from, maybe we will get some info from Mr. Jacobs or Mr. Brooks in a couple of weeks like UpNorth posted recently. I too wish that we would move forward w/ this transition...being stuck between what was and not being able to get to what will be is absolutely frustrating.
Hang in there, their is a lot more changes coming and most your not going to like!:hide::heykoolaid::shift:

If he doesn't want to be involved in LTL, why did he spend 3.5 billion on the french outfit? Is that just an expensive ruse?

When I was self employed, and wanted to borrow money, I had to have an extensive business plan. Did he tell the investors at JP Morgan that his plan was to buy the whole company and see if he can sell the parts he doesn't want? Does that sound like a good plan? Would you lend money with a business plan like that?

I know negative rumor mongering is easier than thinking, but is it too much to ask that we use a little logic?
are you crazy?that stuff just gets in the way of telling a good story

:heykoolaid:
Hang in there, their is a lot more changes coming and most your not going to like!:hide::heykoolaid::shift:

Well, if I don't like the changes that are on the way, I'll try to endure this place for at least another two or so years till I get my mortgage paid off. After that, you can put a fork in me cause I'm gonna be done. Good bye XPO/Conway...Hello retirement !!! Even if I don't mind the any of the adverse changes that might come our way, (and that's a big IF), I won't go more than another 4 years no matter how you slice it.

Nice post 'whip 1', there is a lot of common sense in what you say here. And I too agree w/ u that Mr. Jacobs does have a plan drawn up where he wants to go w/ his business. I think that his acquisition of both ND and CNW all in the same year was a tremendous undertaking that will require some time to digest and get up to speed. Having said that, once this thing gets rolling there'll be no stopping it and any vestiges the old Conway will quickly fade in the rear view mirror. I'll have to remember what Jimmy616 said, 'changes are coming'...good, bad, or indifferent... they are on the way for sure.

Mr. Jacobs does have a plan drawn up where he wants to go w/ his business. I think that his acquisition of both ND and CNW all in the same year was a tremendous
american shipper had article on the conference he was at in atlanta its on the navigator if you have access! says he wants to work with 3rd party logistics companys to get us more freight

Troll alert 'whip 1', the best way to response to them is to say......................................................................................................................nothing !!!
OR! in the way that i see it is,the more trolls you can find means the more people there are in this world that are beneath you and that should make you feel a little bit more warm and fuzzy inside.so if you think your pond scum in life, then the trolls are the virus that eats of the bacteria that feeds on the mucus that creates the pond scum! p.s i hope you dont think your pond scum