FedEx Freight | Question about write ups

Cali4nia

TB Lurker
Credits
I broke a spot mirror on a hostler today. I went to my OM and told him the truth, and he said he would get back with me tomorrow and have me fill out a type of damage form. Now, is that considered a write up? I heard that write ups prevent you from being accepted to other job positions for like 6 months or so. I only broke the mirror, because I had to jump into another hostler, because the 1st one I was in had issues with the 5th wheel and reverse gear, and lost my "groove". Anyways, I'm going back to the computer room to review hostler driving skills, for now.....

They fired me with never having been written up so I'm not sure.

You being honest with him should count for something.

I don't believe an accident/incident report is a disciplinary action however.

When you fill out that report, make sure you tell them about loosing your groove. That should be all they need to know.

Well, I didn't "loose" anything other than that spot mirror, Freight Crusher, lmao! But thanks anyways. So, I can still advance at FXF, without waiting 6 months?

What got you fired, Dick Dastardly?

Btw, don't forget to vote!

Well, I didn't "loose" anything other than that spot mirror, Freight Crusher, lmao! But thanks anyways. So, I can still advance at FXF, without waiting 6 months?

What got you fired, Dick Dastardly?

Btw, don't forget to vote!

I'll pm you a brief synopsis. I don't want to sidetrack your thread and rehash my story with the members on here. It's been well told on here in the union thread.

Ok, so I guess there's no point in asking more about my incident today- I'll just ask my OM and find out tomorrow. I'll post synopsis of my conversation here later, thanks.

It is an accident. It will affect your progression some. It will be on your record for awhile and then go away.
They may take you out of the dog for a bit and have you requalify.

I broke a spot mirror on a hostler today. I went to my OM and told him the truth, and he said he would get back with me tomorrow and have me fill out a type of damage form. Now, is that considered a write up? I heard that write ups prevent you from being accepted to other job positions for like 6 months or so. I only broke the mirror, because I had to jump into another hostler, because the 1st one I was in had issues with the 5th wheel and reverse gear, and lost my "groove". Anyways, I'm going back to the computer room to review hostler driving skills, for now.....
It should be an incident, not an accident. I seem to recall FedEx Freight honoring/mirroring FMCSA/DOT guidelines, currently. I'm not certain how an incident will effect your progress. Let us know!

So, my OM and I wrote up a incident report for the Safety manager to review. He told me that it's up to the Safety manager if it's serious enough to follow up on, but that it won't affect my hostler certification, or any future job considerations.

He did state to me that if there are more incident reports that happen to me, they can/will terminate me, but that's only if I am found negligent in my work.

So, my OM and I wrote up a incident report for the Safety manager to review. He told me that it's up to the Safety manager if it's serious enough to follow up on, but that it won't affect my hostler certification, or any future job considerations.

He did state to me that if there are more incident reports that happen to me, they can/will terminate me, but that's only if I am found negligent in my work.

While lots of incidents will deter from your advancement, i wouldn't worry about it just pay more attention next time its water under the bridge. We had a hostler run into one our vans totaled the hostler and did extensive damage to trailer and he didn't get fired......

While lots of incidents will deter from your advancement, i wouldn't worry about it just pay more attention next time its water under the bridge. We had a hostler run into one our vans totaled the hostler and did extensive damage to trailer and he didn't get fired......
Thanks Crazy Trucker. I get a kick out of proper teamwork. To me, it's just how Fx works....when that work ethic isn't there on the dock, then it's simply not happening.

are you one of Jerrys kids?? :eck13:

b6eura.jpg

Yup, we had a hostler hit a driver that was walking across the parking lot. He's still here.

Yup, we had a hostler hit a driver that was walking across the parking lot. He's still here.

Yep. I just got my hostler certification today!!

Ok, so almost 4 months from being hired part time, I am now working 6 hours on the dock a day. I'd say we've lost 10 dockworkers during that time- 3 to city driving, and 7 to others jobs. As of this week, my hu/hr is 6+, and my hostler trailer/hr is @ around 9-10. I'm ddc ready, but an OS job opened up for the hub shift ( which I've already applied to), and will take that if it is offered to me. Am I missing anything?