R&L | R&L Is A Great Company

skinner1010

TB Lurker
Credits
I am fairly new to TruckingBoards. Someone suggested I check it out. TruckingBoards seems to attract complainers, which is a shame because R&L Carriers is truly a great company with great owners. For every one complainer, I'm confident there are a hundred employees that have no complaints at all and recognize how fortunate they are to be working for R&L. But then again, the good and content employees spend their time focusing on their job instead of complaining all the time.

ok, my guess (of course my opinion) you are one of the people that has been called out before as being managment or owner and have changed your handle....

or, you are from yellow and are now employed at r&l.....

Or a rent-a-driver guaranteed employment because r&l uses you instead of their own employees....

I am fairly new to TruckingBoards. Someone suggested I check it out. TruckingBoards seems to attract complainers, which is a shame because R&L Carriers is truly a great company with great owners. For every one complainer, I'm confident there are a hundred employees that have no complaints at all and recognize how fortunate they are to be working for R&L. But then again, the good and content employees spend their time focusing on their job instead of complaining all the time.
Got that a little backwards there buddy. Maybe one non-complainer for every hundred complainers. You must be new to R&L to not know that:butt kiss:.

Big$Driver - Good Luck, I read you have got another job.... Make sure you visit R&L's TB site often.... I have enjoyed your posts!

welcome skinner1010 and we are not all on here to complain. you are just reading a majority of the peoples posts that are scared or chicken to take there problem up with managment face to face. and once again welcome

welcome skinner1010 and we are not all on here to complain. you are just reading a majority of the peoples posts that are scared or chicken to take there problem up with managment face to face. and once again welcome
Thats not the case at my terminal :loser:. Nobody listens to any of our issues and we haven't had a solid TM for over 2 years. Also, Scr has been in need of a bigger terminal for years but nobody cares or listens. I have tried and tried to deal with the ::shit:: that has been thrown at me but I have had enough and so have most of my co-workers. Pretty sad when people are quitting and the company can't get drivers in this poor economy.

Thats not the case at my terminal :loser:. Nobody listens to any of our issues and we haven't had a solid TM for over 2 years. Also, Scr has been in need of a bigger terminal for years but nobody cares or listens. I have tried and tried to deal with the ::shit:: that has been thrown at me but I have had enough and so have most of my co-workers. Pretty sad when people are quitting and the company can't get drivers in this poor economy.

yea your right thats pretty bad

i agree the economy is bad but i see alot of trucks on the road alot and there is as much traffic on the turn pike as there was this time last year don't make any sence

You are right. This is a good company. Can it do thinks better. Sure. But I believe if I have a problem. I go right up the change. My TM is OK in my book and His door is not locked. If I have a problem I also have an Idea to correct it. Some just ***** and *****. But have no idea how to sit down and talk it out. P+D Drivers how many of you want to pull doubles in the city? Not me. Look at your Saia. FedEx, ABF. Just to name a few. How about fingering your freight. Not me. If R+L is so bad go apply with them. Won't see me down loading freight from my trailer. I'm Lazy give me my Lift gate. Have a great July Fourth. And when you are eating on July 4th. There is a USA, USAF, USN,USMC and USCG guy or gal standing a watch somewhere in the world so you can kick back without fear.

I maybe mistaken, but doesn't R&L not pay overtime at all? Please reply and let me know if that is true. If it true, how can they be a good company when they are robbing you out of your money. Now I know all about the fair labor standards act, that is the only reason they don't have to pay overtime. It is not right to take advantage of your employees. Furthermore, if they have non cdl employees that are working over 40 hours, they have to pay overtime to those employees not goverened by the dot.

I maybe mistaken, but doesn't R&L not pay overtime at all? Please reply and let me know if that is true. If it true, how can they be a good company when they are robbing you out of your money. Now I know all about the fair labor standards act, that is the only reason they don't have to pay overtime. It is not right to take advantage of your employees. Furthermore, if they have non cdl employees that are working over 40 hours, they have to pay overtime to those employees not goverened by the dot.

We get paid so well that overtime is not an issue. We have all the work we can handle and freight is falling off the dock.Whoever you work for should get on the ball and take some of this freight off our hands so we can get a little break. I have heard that the economy is bad right now but I haven't seen it. Most of the guys who work for companies that do pay time and a half can't even put together a 35 hour work week and that's if they are lucky enough to not have been laid off. We are hiring more drivers every week just to keep up. Most importantly why are you worried about how we are paid?? Have some of your good drivers left and joined R&L ????

Hey Skinner, I'm with you. I haven't been around too long, but I don't hear the complaining on the job. Everyone I talk to is glad to be working. BEING PART OF THE 90%EMPLOYED BEATS BEING PART OF THE 10% WHO AIN'T!

You are right. This is a good company. Can it do thinks better. Sure. But I believe if I have a problem. I go right up the change. My TM is OK in my book and His door is not locked. If I have a problem I also have an Idea to correct it. Some just ***** and *****. But have no idea how to sit down and talk it out. P+D Drivers how many of you want to pull doubles in the city? Not me. Look at your Saia. FedEx, ABF. Just to name a few. How about fingering your freight. Not me. If R+L is so bad go apply with them. Won't see me down loading freight from my trailer. I'm Lazy give me my Lift gate. Have a great July Fourth. And when you are eating on July 4th. There is a USA, USAF, USN,USMC and USCG guy or gal standing a watch somewhere in the world so you can kick back without fear.
very good post very good

Thanks for the Info!!! None of of us have EVER heard that before!! Really, is it true???

i have been with RL for a while, and over all it is just another job, sure i am thankful i still have a job. but real soon it will just be another Conway, yrc, abf. the overtime thing does suck, i work my butt off for the first 8 but once i am on "OT" i slow way down cause of the over time thing. and if you have a crappy TM your going to hate RL, but if you have a good TM then you might like RL. the company is just getting to be too big for there britches, meaning the employees are now just a number instead of a name. but thats the way it is, Mr. Roberts can do what he wants as well as I.

Cut-rate, low-ball outfit.
Have fun paying for pallet jacks and handtrucks out of your own pocket.
No overtime...get used to 55-60 hours/week in the city.
Who the hell wants to run the city or 60 hours/wk?
No re-imbursement for Hazmat endorsement.

This is a good outfit for hillbillies and OTR rejects.
Otherwise, avoid them like the plague.

::shit:: you must be a union man:butt kiss:

LOL here we go again with the Pallet Jack hahahaha

LOL You other guy's need to worry if you will have a job soon:nutkick::nutkick:. That is a were the plague is. hahahahahaha LOL LOL

You know he is. LOL They took money out of there own pocket. Now they are mad at the world because they have bad leaders. And all the good ones ran away. And they will be asked to give more back. Yea I want work with them.