R&L | R & L is buying out national LTL company

no sell

Fedex has no reason to buy another LTL carrier. This will continue between R&L, OD and Estes, who's got the most money and the biggest rumors! :smilie_132:

OD is twice the size of r&l and estes is about three time the size of r&l. R&l is not gonna buy either of the two if they are going to buy anything at all it would be a smaller regional carrier to gain customers and service centers in under-serviced areas
. Agreed. If they buy anyone it will be for service coverage, all these rumors do not make sense anyway. They are not in the market to buy OD,CCX or Pyle. We are not getting bought by DHL. Sr. would never let it happen.

Careful FreightGal!! Never say NEVER!

Also, I love how others complain about the R+L drivers getting straight time..........when their regular hourly rate is higher than others. Also, I do not see a problem with a driver having to buy his own pallet jack and hand truck. Kinda interesting that R+L seldom leaves their stuff behind and takes care of it. I know on my dock I see all sorts of damaged pallet trucks and guys back over them with the forklift. I am sure this is done by the same pigs that have grease on their hands when they grab the steering wheel and spill their coffee in the cabs.

I think that EVERY company should have a "clean-truck" policy.

OOOOPS, I went a little off topic!

:bigmouth:This is suppost to be a big secret but I have heard it at 3 terminals from 3 TMs that R&L is getting ready to buy another LTL company does anybody have any idea who it is? O D, Estes, or Conway???

R L dont have anuff money 4 con-way i dont think even odfl now maybe someone like mid state :smilie_132:

R&L!!!!!!!!

1-The owner of R&L has allway's been a smart business wise man(still in business)

2-In today's ever changing econemy i don't see R&L buying anybody,but with that said somebody in another post said that Mid-State's might in trouble.Does R&L run in Mid-State's area of operation?

3-OD,ESTES,Conway are way bigger than R&L,i don't see anything happening there.

4-Now i could see OD&ESTES combing force's just from a business perspective.

U ARE SO RIGHT MONTANANY ABOUT ALL THE SLOBS DRIVERS THAT HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE TRUCK THAT WHERE IN 10-12 HRS A DAY.
THATS WHY I LUV THAT NO 1 USES MY TRUCK.
I TREAT IT LIKE IT MY TRUCK BECOUSE IF I DON'T KEEP UP ON IT I'LL GET A JUNKER.
PLUS SOME OF US HAVE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE REPERSENT OUR SELF.
:chairshot:

U ARE SO RIGHT MONTANANY ABOUT ALL THE SLOBS DRIVERS THAT HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE TRUCK THAT WHERE IN 10-12 HRS A DAY.
THATS WHY I LUV THAT NO 1 USES MY TRUCK.
I TREAT IT LIKE IT MY TRUCK BECOUSE IF I DON'T KEEP UP ON IT I'LL GET A JUNKER.
PLUS SOME OF US HAVE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE REPERSENT OUR SELF.
:chairshot:
Love my job, hate my co-workers.

Wanted to Buy!!!!!!!

1-The owner of R&L has allway's been a smart business wise man(still in business)

2-In today's ever changing econemy i don't see R&L buying anybody,but with that said somebody in another post said that Mid-State's might in trouble.Does R&L run in Mid-State's area of operation?

3-OD,ESTES,Conway are way bigger than R&L,i don't see anything happening there.

4-Now i could see OD&ESTES combing force's just from a business perspective.
Folk"s there"s a 1/4 page ad in the latest Transport Topic's mag that is advertising that R/L Carriers is wanting to purchase a Truckload and or a LTL company,dry van/reefer.

I"d post the ad but i think "Trucking Board"s rule"s don"t allow me to do so.

Folk"s there"s a 1/4 page ad in the latest Transport Topic's mag that is advertising that R/L Carriers is wanting to purchase a Truckload and or a LTL company,dry van/reefer.

I"d post the ad but i think "Trucking Board"s rule"s don"t allow me to do so.

They are looking for a truckload or logistics company to purchase, which make sense when you figure now is prime time to buy a truckload operation for dirt cheap considering the fuel crisis. They are also looking for a logistics company cause that is an area where they are extremely weak and in order to compete with other national carriers they need to be able to offer value added services such as truckload, borkerage services, customs, logistics capabilities, etc!!

dhl is not buying anything they are getting ready to cut jobs according to the internet they are in trouble

from what i read DHL has partnered with fex ex to deliver in areas where the other is weak(america for dhl and europe for fed ex)and then i read that they signed an agreement with UPS to tranport air packages aboard UPS planes. R & L is strong in the Ohio base area but are probably looking to increase their coverage in california with someone like matheson fast freight or mountain valley express. like said before R & L may be mostly debt free but will not spend the amount of money to buy anything as big or bigger than themselves.maybe they can buy the carrier in the ad above theirs in the transpot topic link.to bad they did not say the name of the company.

National!!!!

R/L if they have the cash could Buy FEDEX National,that way FDX could get rid of their white elephant they SOMETIME'S think they purchased.

Fedex Only really wanted WATKIN"S for their Canadian Authority.

JUST THIS MAN'S OPINION!!!!

R/L if they have the cash could Buy FEDEX National,that way FDX could get rid of their white elephant they SOMETIME'S think they purchased.

Fedex Only really wanted WATKIN"S for their Canadian Authority.

JUST THIS MAN'S OPINION!!!!

U R SO RIGHT.FEDEX DRIVERS TRY TO TELL ME THERE GOING TO BUY US OUT (R/L) THAT HAS BEEN SAID 4 A FEW YEARS THOUGH:hysterical::biglaugh:

:bigmouth:This is suppost to be a big secret but I have heard it at 3 terminals from 3 TMs that R&L is getting ready to buy another LTL company does anybody have any idea who it is? O D, Estes, or Conway???

DO U KNOW WHAT COMPANYS WERE ARE LOOKING AT MAY MAKE IT EASYER TO TRANSFORE:1036316054: