R&L | R & L is buying out national LTL company

IT IS SAID THAT UPS IS GOING TO BUY DHL OUT.DO YOU KNOW WHAT LTL COMPANY IS R/L GOING TO BUY OUT. :hide:
havent really heard of one specific but like most rumors people say this one that one who knows until it happens or if it does ever

AT the end of the day, the one with the most money will buyout / payoff who ever he/she feels is a threat... staying private and avoiding public stock holders is a very smart move.

smaller companies have bought out larger companies in the past. an example would be when Baldor Electric bought Rockwell Automation.

My rumor mill monkeys say R/L has made an offer for CONWAY-FREIGHT:hide::smilie_132:

I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T SEE THAT HAPPEN.BUT
I THINK IT WOULD BE A REFER COMPANY BECOUSE THERES NOT ALOT THAT COMES UP FROM FLORDIA AND THE RACE CAR TEAM WS SAYING THAT THEY AREN'T THAT BUSY OUT IN CALI.THAT IS A BIGGGGGGGGG MARKET THOUGH.THAT IS WHY A REFER COMPANY COULD HAPPEN.THAT WOULD HELP ACROSSED THE BOARD 4 ALL TERMINALS.......:funky:

Not sure if reefer service would help much but more temp controlled trailers would probably help in the winter.With Jevic gone now there are very few that guarantee temp control.New Century got about 40 percent of the work,not sure where the rest went.

I don't work for R&L but I was a terminal for the company I work for in Albany NY today and there was a copy of Transport Topics I think it was a May issue and in the back of the magazine in the classified section was a ad from R&L looking to buy a LT company here in the U.S Mexico or Canada.The only reason I took notice of the ad is because their is a terminal a mile away from my house and thinking about applying .

I don't work for R&L but I was a terminal for the company I work for in Albany NY today and there was a copy of Transport Topics I think it was a May issue and in the back of the magazine in the classified section was a ad from R&L looking to buy a LT company here in the U.S Mexico or Canada.The only reason I took notice of the ad is because their is a terminal a mile away from my house and thinking about applying .

DO U KNOW WHAT KIND OF COMPANY THEY ARE LOOKING 4.I'M OUT OF THE PHI TERMINAL
AND I THINK IT IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
YOU HAVE THE GOOD AND BAD WHERE EVER
YOU GO. HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT IF U TRY TO COME HERE TO R/L:1036316054::funky:

This is my first post to this thread, I think....
My opinion on everything is, well i don't have one.......I really don't care if they buy or get bought out.... It's out of our control... Jus go do our jobs thats all we can do............Hope we have a job in the end............:1036316054:

You guys have to much time on your hands. Your dreaming you would be lucky to buy out anybody!And if they do, Just remember they did it with your money that should have been paid in overtime pay? Happy Trails!!

Hey Crazy,you see us coming into the union area talking crap?Save it pal.R&Ls whole existence was made on buying other carriers out so don't think its a dream.By the way while your union carriers are in one business the owners of this company are in several.Sure ,it might be nice to have OT but I worked for a carrier that payed OT and they spent more time trying to cut our hours so that they didn't have to pay OT.

Hey Crazy,you see us coming into the union area talking crap?Save it pal.R&Ls whole existence was made on buying other carriers out so don't think its a dream.By the way while your union carriers are in one business the owners of this company are in several.Sure ,it might be nice to have OT but I worked for a carrier that payed OT and they spent more time trying to cut our hours so that they didn't have to pay OT.

IF THE UNION CAME TO R/L I THINK I WOULD
HAVE TO FIND A OTHER JOB.NOTHING GOOD COMES FROM THE MONEY STEALING LIEIND
OH THE UNION IS THE BEST THING WHILE WE DON'T PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR PENTION
OR ANNOUITY AND THE INS BUT WAIT IF YOUR OUT OF WORK GET ON A LIST AND HOPE AND PREY THAT THE BANK DON'T COMR KNOCKING.U KNOW WHAT R/L HAS MADE A NAME FOR THEM SELF WITH OUT A UNION WAY LET THEM IN KNOW.SO ALL U PEOPLE THAT WANT A UNION I'VE BEEN IN THEM TO LONG AND THEY AINT ALL WHAT THEY ARE CRACKED UP TO BE.IF U STILL WANT ONE LOOK AT ALL THE FACTS AND SEE WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE WE MAKE ABOUT 2-3 DOLLARS MORE BUT I'LL STILL KEEP DOING MY JOB AND GIVE IT WHAT I GOT HAVE A GOOG BAY ALL U DRIVERS BE SAFE OUT THERE:holysheep:

IF THE UNION CAME TO R/L I THINK I WOULD
HAVE TO FIND A OTHER JOB.NOTHING GOOD COMES FROM THE MONEY STEALING LIEIND
OH THE UNION IS THE BEST THING WHILE WE DON'T PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR PENTION
OR ANNOUITY AND THE INS BUT WAIT IF YOUR OUT OF WORK GET ON A LIST AND HOPE AND PREY THAT THE BANK DON'T COMR KNOCKING.U KNOW WHAT R/L HAS MADE A NAME FOR THEM SELF WITH OUT A UNION WAY LET THEM IN KNOW.SO ALL U PEOPLE THAT WANT A UNION I'VE BEEN IN THEM TO LONG AND THEY AINT ALL WHAT THEY ARE CRACKED UP TO BE.IF U STILL WANT ONE LOOK AT ALL THE FACTS AND SEE WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE WE MAKE ABOUT 2-3 DOLLARS MORE BUT I'LL STILL KEEP DOING MY JOB AND GIVE IT WHAT I GOT HAVE A GOOG BAY ALL U DRIVERS BE SAFE OUT THERE:holysheep:

maybe if you were getting paid O.T, you can use some of those dollars on paying for a tutor to teach you how to speak and type proper english. save your union bashing and keep drinking that R&L Kooolaid :1036316054:

maybe if you were getting paid O.T, you can use some of those dollars on paying for a tutor to teach you how to speak and type proper english. save your union bashing and keep drinking that R&L Kooolaid :1036316054:

DID I FIND A NERVE? I'VE BEEN IN LOCAL 172 LABORS FOR ABOUT 5YEARS AND 825 FOR 6 YEARS AND EVERY TIME I WAS LAYED OFF WHAT KIND OF HELP DO U GET WHAT 5 10 DOLLARS A DAY.BESIDES ALL THE COMPANYS THAT ARE IN THE BACK POCKETS OF THE UNION REPS I HAD TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR MY FAMILY.IF THERE IS NOT A PAY CHECK COMING IN WHAT IS A
MAN GOING TO DO FOR HIS FAM WITH ONE PAYCHECK WAIT ON THE OUT OF WORK LIST.SORRY IF I HIT A NERVE BUT THE PLACES THAT I HAVE BEEN WITH DID ME AND ALOT OF OTHER WRONG AND IT JUST IS NOT WRIGHT.SO SORRY IF I MAID U MAD
I AM JUST SPEAKING FROM MY EXSPERANCES:1036316054:

With all this money they have lying around to buy trucking companies, you'd think they'd be able to pay you guys O.T. or buy their own pallet jacks.

Its great that R&L made their place in the market place by buying other carriers....and the fact they are involved in "other" business ventures is most likely a good risk for the corp....but given how on edge the freight business is in this economy..., I highly doubt that R&L would be able to purchase ANY carrier their size or larger. Any freight company the size of R&L that does not pay OT at some level most likely won't retain good/common sense laden employees for the long term...., and keep employees that either wouldn't make it elsewhere and/or can't figure out that working less hours and making a few bucks a week more improves your quality of life outside of work. If I did work at a company that didn't pay OT..., I'd do everything possible to work only around 40 hrs per week....hardly any more....if I needed more cash to get by I'd simply do something on the side. I sure as hell wouldn't be working 50 or 60 hours a week getting paid strait time.

DID I FIND A NERVE? I'VE BEEN IN LOCAL 172 LABORS FOR ABOUT 5YEARS AND 825 FOR 6 YEARS AND EVERY TIME I WAS LAYED OFF WHAT KIND OF HELP DO U GET WHAT 5 10 DOLLARS A DAY.BESIDES ALL THE COMPANYS THAT ARE IN THE BACK POCKETS OF THE UNION REPS I HAD TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR MY FAMILY.IF THERE IS NOT A PAY CHECK COMING IN WHAT IS A
MAN GOING TO DO FOR HIS FAM WITH ONE PAYCHECK WAIT ON THE OUT OF WORK LIST.SORRY IF I HIT A NERVE BUT THE PLACES THAT I HAVE BEEN WITH DID ME AND ALOT OF OTHER WRONG AND IT JUST IS NOT WRIGHT.SO SORRY IF I MAID U MAD
I AM JUST SPEAKING FROM MY EXSPERANCES:1036316054:

nah man, u aint touch a nerve. you working for a non-union co. doesn't upset me. what bothers me is that you have this delusional outlook of the Teamsters. i say Teamsters because that's all I know. them labor unions you speak of may have done nothing for you but i would have to know to the whole story to comment. trust me, if they were voted in, you'd be getting paid OT. i could go on but that's for another thread. anyhow, im glad you enjoy your job. God Bless. the last thing anyone needs is another miserable human being walking around. however, don't let let your time in a carpenter's union determine your view on the Teamsters in the frt. business.

Its great that R&L made their place in the market place by buying other carriers....and the fact they are involved in "other" business ventures is most likely a good risk for the corp....but given how on edge the freight business is in this economy..., I highly doubt that R&L would be able to purchase ANY carrier their size or larger. Any freight company the size of R&L that does not pay OT at some level most likely won't retain good/common sense laden employees for the long term...., and keep employees that either wouldn't make it elsewhere and/or can't figure out that working less hours and making a few bucks a week more improves your quality of life outside of work. If I did work at a company that didn't pay OT..., I'd do everything possible to work only around 40 hrs per week....hardly any more....if I needed more cash to get by I'd simply do something on the side. I sure as hell wouldn't be working 50 or 60 hours a week getting paid strait time.

Well I only average about 46 hours a week and have been employed by R&L for just shy of 5 yrs.In Jan my rate goes to full rate at 24.70 an hr.As I stated I have worked for a carrier that payed time and a half after 8 and they worked very hard to make sure we never went over 8 so I'm fine with how I'm paid.By the way R&L may not be able to buy a large carrier but I was answering the other guys post saying R&L couldn't buy anyone.Aside from that why are you guys harassing us in our forum,do you see us bad mouthing you in the union carriers forums?I myself had a bad experience in the Teamsters that I wont go into so I'm not looking to repeat that experience but I don't begrudge anyone else's choice to be union or non union and I really would expect the same of you.If you cant do that than talk trash about us in your own forum.

Hey U.T. I thought I was the only one who couldn't figure out what he was trying to say..He's gotta get rid of them caps and slow down on the keyboard:funky:so he can put his point across.By the way we have a couple of R&L guys applying by us,I hope they get in and maybe they can tell others the truth about working for a union co..:funky: