XPO | Raise ??

As long as it's not illegal , I'll take a raise!
What's that?
There's a driver shortage? ( If you pay them , they will come )
We can't retain QUALITY drivers. ( If you pay them well , they'll stay a while )
We received a raise at the beginning of 2015. ( That "raise" was meant to even out the pay across the nation )

Exactly. And now old boy quit and we are gonna have to wait to see what the new guys does.

The company suspended the 3% 401k contribution and I don't know about other places, but at my SC, mangmt was told to hold DSR overtime to 10% or less. These are facts and they speak for themselves. If the company is cutting back on O/T, why would they be considering a raise? Talk of a raise is rumor and irresponsible to post as is evidenced by the posts in this thread.

The company suspended the 3% 401k contribution and I don't know about other places, but at my SC, mangmt was told to hold DSR overtime to 10% or less. These are facts and they speak for themselves. If the company is cutting back on O/T, why would they be considering a raise? Talk of a raise is rumor and irresponsible to post as is evidenced by the posts in this thread.
It's "irresponsible" to post questions about a possible raise?
How so? I would like a raise and so would a lot of my coworkers. The dockworkers next to me received a $2-an-hour raise a few months ago. ( and good for them )
If we use your "logic" , the entire concept of Trucking Boards is " irresponsible "

How so? I would like a raise and so would a lot of my coworkers. The dockworkers next to me received a $2-an-hour raise a few months ago. ( and good for them )
If we use your "logic" , the entire concept of Trucking Boards is " irresponsible "
You must have missed the other word
You're taking what I said out of context. I said what I said, read it again, maybe you can figure out what I meant the next time.

I

You're taking what I said out of context. I said what I said, read it again, maybe you can figure out what I meant the next time.
Your entire quote is there for anyone and everyone to see. ( so , it's in its original context )
If you know something that the posters and readers on this board don't know , then by all means , please share.
As far as facts go , since 2006 I've seen very little cause and effect as far as Con-way management or workers. ( As much as I would like for our words and rumors here to have a greater impact , the sad truth is , they don't )

I went and re-read it. I am still not clear what you are saying. Sorry, but maybe you could be kind enough to add clarity to your post ? Instead of talking down to the guy that is actually willing to hear what you have to say, if you would only say it in terms he can comprehend.

As a general rule on these forums. When things don't make sense I assume you are drunk or sleep deprived and ignore the post in it's entirety and move on. You should be humbled that he cares enough about what you are trying to say that he actually wants to understand it.

Just saying

Question: How do you get a bunch of highly paid, poor, undermotivated drivers.

A. Hire a ton of drivers
B. Give them a raise
C. Don't work them
D. All of the above.

Sometimes I think increasing the fringe benefits and some of the other forms of compensation are actually better than receiving a direct pay raise.

I've seen plenty of companies give raises and cut hours.

Sometimes I think increasing the fringe benefits and some of the other forms of compensation are actually better than receiving a direct pay raise.

I've seen plenty of companies give raises and cut hours.
Personally , I would like to see the 3% match returned , as well as tuition reimbursement. Maybe even allowing the selling of PTO days to one another.

Personally , I would like to see the 3% match returned , as well as tuition reimbursement. Maybe even allowing the selling of PTO days to one another.
I'm with another carrier, and I'd like to see similar concessions made. I always liked the option of the company buying back unused PTO, as well.

A Southeastern driver lol. I want to see Conway go union so my wages and bennies stay high. Just don't bring over here. I used to want IBT here, but after their leaders squandered away the pension money; no way. Where did all that ups money go?
Eastern and Central States Pensions are in trouble. Here out West, we're doing just fine, thank you.

So, you got a raise, but they took away the 401K match? Win/win for Con-Way! And here I thought things had changed since I left 3 years ago.

I'm afraid you already got it...

I love the way these people are so proactive ( sarcasm ). Let's wait for there to be a drastic issue before we fix it. Can you imagine if they treated the trucks the way they treat the drivers ?

They know a huge portion of the work force could retire any day. And that the newer drivers have nothing but a wage to hold them here. They made these choices. If a wage is all you have to offer, it needs to be a damn good wage.