XPO | Raise ??

why get a raise when you can just refer someone and get a bonus...did anybody else get get that email?

It was all done by design. When Conway got big enough, they made sure that C F was destined to fail.

They never offered the guys at CF any contingencies. Just pulled the gates and walked away.

Up to that point they were fighting over everything. CF made sure to damn near bankrupt the locals with lawyers fees fighting a wave of grievances before they pulled the gates so that they could escape much of the legal ramifications as the locals were spent.

I was working for another company at the time and we wanted to strike and got yelled at and told that the local couldn't afford it. That we had brothers losing everything and that we should be grateful. One of the many reasons for my current distrust and distain for the union clown posse.

When the Teamsters tried to sue Con-way for the $662 million they owed Central States for the employees of CF they got screwed down to $319 million and then settled for $8 million. That's right, from 662 to 8. Another in a series of massive failures by union leadership.

Not surprisingly it was shortly after that when the company abandoned all forms of pension and issued the 401. And then let these guys know that the 30 for $3000 they had been promised was going to be 30 for $1200.

So really. Everyone but the company got the shaft. And not all of it was directly done by the company, some of it was the way people responded to what happened. But the impact was pretty severe. And that ain't no ::shit::.

And everyone else is getting raises. I still want a raise. This place ain't nothing but a paycheck. They have made sure of that. Guys looking for careers are going back to school. Some of the guys that were in the military are lining up to get paid $800 a month just to go to school on top of help paying for the classes.

Drivers are disappearing. The shortage isn't going away.

They never offered the guys at CF any contingencies. Just pulled the gates and walked away.

Up to that point they were fighting over everything. CF made sure to damn near bankrupt the locals with lawyers fees fighting a wave of grievances before they pulled the gates so that they could escape much of the legal ramifications as the locals were spent.

I was working for another company at the time and we wanted to strike and got yelled at and told that the local couldn't afford it. That we had brothers losing everything and that we should be grateful. One of the many reasons for my current distrust and distain for the union clown posse.

When the Teamsters tried to sue Con-way for the $662 million they owed Central States for the employees of CF they got screwed down to $319 million and then settled for $8 million. That's right, from 662 to 8. Another in a series of massive failures by union leadership.

Not surprisingly it was shortly after that when the company abandoned all forms of pension and issued the 401. And then let these guys know that the 30 for $3000 they had been promised was going to be 30 for $1200.

So really. Everyone but the company got the shaft. And not all of it was directly done by the company, some of it was the way people responded to what happened. But the impact was pretty severe. And that ain't no :::shit:::.

I for one did not see any fighting over anything . The company and the local were not trying to bankrupt each other at least at my location.
The local and the company had a very good working relationship in our barn. Our stewards took care of business so things never got out of hand.
But we the workers did wonder why a lot of our long time accounts were being serviced by Con-Job. Many of our shippers told us what they had been instructed not to use CF.

So really. Everyone but the company got the shaft. And not all of it was directly done by the company, some of it was the way people responded to what happened. But the impact was pretty severe. And that ain't no :::shit:::.
This is ab

Yrc atm is correct. Teamsters caused CF to close its doors and then become Conway (Unionless). That's where Conway came from. Consolidated Freight
Poor decisions were made at the corp. level. That is what caused CF to close their doors, not teamsters. The company alway blames the unionj rather than admit their own screw-ups.