Raises

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Sleeper, Mar 23, 2017.

1. JstBlendinIN

JstBlendinIN Member

smokin'joe likes this.
  2. 135 inmate

135 inmate New Member

sign those union cards

616jimmy likes this.
  3. JstBlendinIN

JstBlendinIN Member

Through out the northeast, ...forget that, through out the entire system drivers hourly wages differ. I never insinuated that the hourly wages were fair or unfair but the truth is, the difference in hourly wages between service centers probably should be a little closer with one another, its another whole issue. In many cases service centers within 50 or 60 miles of one another vary in hourly pay. Some of that has to do with the labor pool available when there is a need to hire...and often that difference in hourly wage seems to make no sense what so ever. Have been told it has very little to do with what it cost in one area to live vs another. As far as OT, the same nationwide unionized carriers "teamsters" are in the south, the same as the rest of the country. They all have the same OT schedule. Fedex has the same OT schedule nationwide. There are plenty of our competitors that pay no OT at all across their system. The point is whatever their OT schedule is, its uniform across their systems. We haven't been classified as different regional companies in years, we've been one entity for quite a while now. Whatever our OT schedule is... or should be, it should be uniform across the system. Yes, unions certainly had something to do with this years ago, but now, given the reduction in many union companies and the overall strength of the teamsters compared to years ago, its doubtful this is a contributing factor now. Its more like something that just never changed......please feel free to correct me if anything I said is not completely accurate.

Songremainsthesame, dalesr and icuicp like this.
  4. vetran peddleman

vetran peddleman FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Isadversewinterweather,(snow,ice,etc.),takenintoconsideratioasthedifferenceofregionalpayscales???

5. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

did you space bar break?

trucknfool, icuicp and JstBlendinIN like this.
  6. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Too funny. Gets accused of having perfect punctuation, gets :shit: for not using it!

7. vetran peddleman

I think so

8. vetran peddleman

I am using my iPhone and whenI am using my iPhone and when I punch it in on the keyboard the is not working but when I use the microphone activated voice control the spacing works. Go figure

Fly-by-night likes this.
  9. vetran peddleman

The reason why TSRs get a betterThe reason why TSRs get a better rate up in the Northeast or anywhere up north is maybe because you have to put up with the ice and snow on the drivers in the south. Probably not true but just speculation. The overtime after eight and 40 should be. The overtime after eight and 40 should be the same all country just my thoughts

616jimmy likes this.
  10. Fly-by-night

Sound like you got a ROTTEN APPLE.

vetran peddleman likes this.
  11. Fly-by-night

They Have 4 different pay scales, (I think) and your pay rate is base on the barns location. I heard Fed-Ex does the same thing.

dalesr likes this.
  12. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the same mechanism. An hourly rate is justified by a reasonable cost of living where you reside. The payment of OT is justified by hours worked after 8 and or 40. I don't think it's an issue for the Chicago guy to make more per hour than I do. His OT rate would be comparable to where he lives, just as mine would be if I got it as well. The key is uniformity and I think we will continue to have problems until that is seen by all.

JstBlendinIN likes this.
  13. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

Yes, veteran's barn is 50 miles from me and their rate is about two bucks more an hour then mine. Market value. Why pay any more then you have to right?

14. vetran peddleman

15. vetran peddleman