TForce | RDDR's and the contract!!!

imported_togdenjr

TB Lurker
Credits
There seems to be nothing in here about delay for a driver. How long do we give? and What about other delays?
Art 26 Sec 4 seems not to give any detail about this.

And the senority...
Is it going by company or by local terminal?
even the "local cartage" is confusing to me, eventhough I'm not effected.
Seems like it is reading company senority for RDDR's.

And final....
There is nothing about runs being cut for just the night.
Local guys are guaranteed 8hrs if they show. What do RDDR's get if they show up for work and then are told that there run is being cut for the night?

There seems to be nothing in here about delay for a driver. How long do we give? and What about other delays?
Art 26 Sec 4 seems not to give any detail about this.

And the senority...
Is it going by company or by local terminal?
even the "local cartage" is confusing to me, eventhough I'm not effected.
Seems like it is reading company senority for RDDR's.

And final....
There is nothing about runs being cut for just the night.
Local guys are guaranteed 8hrs if they show. What do RDDR's get if they show up for work and then are told that there run is being cut for the night?

There is no delay pay. There is pay for work performed, which means that they will throw you on the dock at the payrate for the dock while you wait for your loads, or you will be sweeping trailers and dumping garbage, while you wait for your loads.

Seniority is company seniority on the Road list as well.

under our new contract here at PVD we go on the clock as soon as we are delayed top rate, And if called in and run gets cut we get 4 hrs show up pay

And as far as the seniority it depends on your local whether its goint to be done by road or company Two list on road and one city and dock combined

And when on delay pay they cant tell you to sweep the dock or take out trash dock is a different class.. have to give you the same work as your class if not you go on delay pay at top rate no more giving them anything

under our new contract here at PVD we go on the clock as soon as we are delayed top rate, And if called in and run gets cut we get 4 hrs show up pay

Your new contract in PVD is the same that everyone else is voting on. Read it again. It is stated as "Pay at the work performed" there is no delay written into the contract, which means get the gloves on and get the broom out!

if you class is rddr you cant work the dock you taking away there work

Read the last line below....

Section 4. Paid for Time
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork.:smilie_132:

So these guys are making a mountain out of a molehill over a buck or two a night maybe? It's not my fight guys but that, to me, isn't worth being too concerned about.

So these guys are making a mountain out of a molehill over a buck or two a night maybe? It's not my fight guys but that, to me, isn't worth being too concerned about.
I thought the discussion was whether delay was paid as delay or whether you are required to work the dock to be paid.

I don't have issue with being paid dock wages for delay rather than the $13.50/hr we get now.
The issue I have is that I am not a dock worker and don't intend to work the dock.
We should be paid delay for being delayed.