TForce | RDDR's and the contract!!!

article 26 sec 4

2374143259_431da6f975_o.jpg

truckingolfer, how do you know how it will be once the contract is in effect?

Tomcat, I hope your right actual delay pay would be a huge benefit if it was clearly spelled out some of the negativity towrds this contract would not be there.

article 26 sec 4

2374143259_431da6f975_o.jpg

truckingolfer, how do you know how it will be once the contract is in effect?

Tomcat, I hope your right actual delay pay would be a huge benefit if it was clearly spelled out some of the negativity towrds this contract would not be there.

The only thing the company can put you off the clock for is lunch. Up to one hour. The terminal must be a regular turn around point and have an area that is break or lunch room. They can't put you in your truck or out on the steps. So, if you arrive at your normal turn around point and your load is not ready and there is no work they care to give you, they can put you on lunch break. Min. 30 min- 60 mins. After that you are back on the clock or if your load is ready back on duty, and ready to roll.

The only thing the company can put you off the clock for is lunch. Up to one hour. The terminal must be a regular turn around point and have an area that is break or lunch room. They can't put you in your truck or out on the steps. So, if you arrive at your normal turn around point and your load is not ready and there is no work they care to give you, they can put you on lunch break. Min. 30 min- 60 mins. After that you are back on the clock or if your load is ready back on duty, and ready to roll.
I'm not disputing what you say,but where does it state that in the wording of the contract?
Is that an interpretation from the hall?
Delay isn't specifically mentioned... for that matter, I don't see any mention of drops and hooks either.

This thing is way too vague.

Thanks for the info, but I choose not to take a lunch. Really though, I thought somewhere it was stated that lunch is an option for a road man. He can choose to work through provided that he complies with law and does all required safety checks and the 14 hour rule.:smilie_132:

Thanks for the info, but I choose not to take a lunch. Really though, I thought somewhere it was stated that lunch is an option for a road man. He can choose to work through provided that he complies with law and does all required safety checks and the 14 hour rule.:smilie_132:
Section 1. Road Driver Meals at Via Points
The Company may direct a driver to take a meal period at a via point(s). If the driver is on a pre-dispatched tour of duty that terminates at point of origin (turnaround), the meal period [thirty (30) to sixty (60) minutes] may be taken at any time during such tour of duty at the farthest point. Driver will not be required to take a meal period at a via point prior to the end of the third hour since the beginning of their tour of duty. A meal period shall not be compulsory at service centers where there is no accessible eating place.

The Company may direct a driver to take a meal period at a via point(s). If the driver is on a pre-dispatched tour of duty that terminates at point of origin (turnaround), the meal period [thirty (30) to sixty (60) minutes] may be taken at any time during such tour of duty at the farthest point. Driver will not be required to take a meal period at a via point prior to the end of the third hour since the beginning of their tour of duty. A meal period shall not be compulsory at service centers where there is no accessible eating place.

Thanks for the info. I stand corrected.:smilie_132:

OK, Guy's You can pick this contract language apart all you want and wonder how you or the company will interpret these articles. But, The bottom line is two choices, Vote to pass, or vote no. If the majority is no, you are calling for a strike. Can you afford to strike while the rest of the company accepts this contract? And in the long run you will end up with the same contract. Keep in mind, There is NO negotiating the language in this contract. There is NO negotiating the Teamsters Health & Welfare plan. Maybe next time around when the UPSF & UPS Parcel Agreement expire on the same day. It is what It is. Think about it. Go to the meeting and listen and make your choice.

OK, Guy's You can pick this contract language apart all you want and wonder how you or the company will interpret these articles. But, The bottom line is two choices, Vote to pass, or vote no. If the majority is no, you are calling for a strike. Can you afford to strike while the rest of the company accepts this contract? And in the long run you will end up with the same contract. Keep in mind, There is NO negotiating the language in this contract. There is NO negotiating the Teamsters Health & Welfare plan. Maybe next time around when the UPSF & UPS Parcel Agreement expire on the same day. It is what It is. Think about it. Go to the meeting and listen and make your choice.
This is an important tid bit I missed in prior reading.

"Article 41
Existing Practices
Within sixty (60) days of ratification, the Company and the Union shall establish a Joint Committee to document agreed upon work rules and practices in existence at the terminals now covered by this Agreement. Any disputes shall be referred to the Chairs of the Company and Union negotiating committees. Any agreed upon work rules and practices shall be considered to be part of this Agreement for all purposes, including the grievance and arbitration process."

This is an important tid bit I missed in prior reading.

"Article 41
Existing Practices
Within sixty (60) days of ratification, the Company and the Union shall establish a Joint Committee to document agreed upon work rules and practices in existence at the terminals now covered by this Agreement. Any disputes shall be referred to the Chairs of the Company and Union negotiating committees. Any agreed upon work rules and practices shall be considered to be part of this Agreement for all purposes, including the grievance and arbitration process."

I did not miss this. I have read and reread this contract in its entirety. It is what it is.

Ok BUT....Who is going to keep track of all this time????....Us and the ATA system or CLC....Cause you know the turd wont float....And when we are out on the road broke down, road closure.....Who is going to get that done right???? We really need the ivis system in our tractors...Make it alot more simple....But until then are we going to have to file on CLC all the time???? And how do we prove it?????

Ok BUT....Who is going to keep track of all this time????....Us and the ATA system or CLC....Cause you know the turd wont float....And when we are out on the road broke down, road closure.....Who is going to get that done right???? We really need the ivis system in our tractors...Make it alot more simple....But until then are we going to have to file on CLC all the time???? And how do we prove it?????
We asked that question at this mornings meeting and were told that we would have an answer by next Monday when the contract takes affect for us.

Would this cover extra-board? It doesn't seem like it does. It also has to be at the farthest point and cannot be in the first three hours. It doesn't seem like this will cover too many road drivers. And what if you took your break on the way there? They cannot make you take another one.

Would this cover extra-board? It doesn't seem like it does. It also has to be at the farthest point and cannot be in the first three hours. It doesn't seem like this will cover too many road drivers. And what if you took your break on the way there? They cannot make you take another one.

Excellent point. Elvis out...

Looks like it will affect schedule men the most since it says "If the driver is on a pre-dispatched tour of duty that terminates at point of origin"

It also appears that you would be in the wrong if you were to take your lunch early if you are on a pre determined dispatch since the meal period [thirty (30) to sixty (60) minutes] may be taken at any time during such tour of duty at the farthest point.

And what about at a meet point? Full pay for sitting in a dirt lot from the time you set your brakes and call CLC to get arrived?