TForce | RDDR's and the contract!!!

What's the difference between a road drivers hourly rate and a dockhands?

e. The “Top Rate” referred to in the full-time schedules in this Article shall be as follows:

Dock Lead Jockey Road
Ratif. $21.475 $21.225 $21.475 $21.825
7/1/08 $21.80 $21.55 $21.80 $22.15
1/1/09 $22.15 $21.90 $22.15 $22.50
7/1/09 $22.50 $22.25 $22.50 $22.85
1/1/10 $22.875 $22.625 $22.875 $23.225
7/1/10 $23.25 $23.00 $23.25 $23.60
1/1/11 $23.65 $23.40 $23.65 $24.00
7/1/11 $24.05 $23.80 $24.05 $24.40
1/1/12 $24.475 $24.225 $24.475 $24.825
7/1/12 $24.90 $24.65 $24.90 $25.25
1/1/13 $25.35 $25.10 $25.35 $25.70

What is it that you guys want? This is our debut contract. People seem to have had grand illusions of a parcel type contract right from the gate. I am fully aware of the shortcomings of our deal, but this will be a work in progress. Lets' all make the best of it. Lets' get through these five years, and rally together in 2013. What is our alternative? Elvis out....

What is it that you guys want? This is our debut contract. People seem to have had grand illusions of a parcel type contract right from the gate. I am fully aware of the shortcomings of our deal, but this will be a work in progress. Lets' all make the best of it. Lets' get through these five years, and rally together in 2013. What is our alternative? Elvis out....
It should at least be the same or better than we have now.... not worse.

So these guys are making a mountain out of a molehill over a buck or two a night maybe? It's not my fight guys but that, to me, isn't worth being too concerned about.

not exactly, I think the bigest concern is the last 2 or 3 sentences in the "subcontracting" article, which leaves the door open for the company to continue it's use of subcontractors.

What is happening here is there putting guys on extraboard and running that freight with subcontractors. Under the contract Only bid positions are guaranteed 40 hours a week.

Extraboard is not a bid position, so the company can continue this practice.

I thought the discussion was whether delay was paid as delay or whether you are required to work the dock to be paid.

I don't have issue with being paid dock wages for delay rather than the $13.50/hr we get now.
The issue I have is that I am not a dock worker and don't intend to work the dock.
We should be paid delay for being delayed.
Unless i am wrong, there is no more delay pay. A road driver is on the clock at full rate until he starts his run. At the destination, either terminal or meet point, you're on the clock until you hit the road again. And so on until your day is done. If your a city driver who is guarenteed 8 hours and finish in 6 , you cannot be assigned work out of your classification. In other words, you are not qualified the clean the sh??ters for 2 hours. Same thing for road. You would be taking work away from someone else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless i am wrong, there is no more delay pay. A road driver is on the clock at full rate until he starts his run. At the destination, either terminal or meet point, you're on the clock until you hit the road again. And so on until your day is done. If your a city driver who is guarenteed 8 hours and finish in 6 , you cannot be assigned work out of your classification. In other words, you are not qualified the clean the sh??ters for 2 hours. Same thing for road. You would be taking work away from someone else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
that is the way it should be

for road drivers it says you will be paid for all work performed on the clock. It lists what is considered work, delay is not listed.

You can work in different classifications.

I believe you may be wrong. As I have heard in Indy, the same clause is in the contract and they are being forced to work other classifications while waiting for loads.

not exactly, I think the bigest concern is the last 2 or 3 sentences in the "subcontracting" article, which leaves the door open for the company to continue it's use of subcontractors.

What is happening here is there putting guys on extraboard and running that freight with subcontractors. Under the contract Only bid positions are guaranteed 40 hours a week.

Extraboard is not a bid position, so the company can continue this practice.
O,
I was referring only to the discussion of the hourly wage for delay pay.

for road drivers it says you will be paid for all work performed on the clock. It lists what is considered work, delay is not listed.

You can work in different classifications.
Example, I sat Friday night for two hours waiting for loads and repairs at the shop. I got 0 dollars. Under the contract, I would have gotten 2 hours pay at full rate. That's a hell of alot better than all the free time I have given over the last 20+ years.:chairshot::smilie_132::biglaugh::hysterical:

Example, I sat Friday night for two hours waiting for loads and repairs at the shop. I got 0 dollars. Under the contract, I would have gotten 2 hours pay at full rate. That's a hell of alot better than all the free time I have given over the last 20+ years.:chairshot::smilie_132::biglaugh::hysterical:

Maybe my calculator multiplies with fuzzy math, but I would say this is a fine example of a major improvement from what we currently have. Elvis out....

Maybe my calculator multiplies with fuzzy math, but I would say this is a fine example of a major improvement from what we currently have. Elvis out....
The wording needs clarification.

from the contract:
"Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time."
Looks to me like they are saying we are paid for all of these items in the mileage pay for the day.

checkbay time is listed as paid, wait time is not.

where is that defined in this contract?

checkbay time is listed as paid, wait time is not.

Now under the contract, at the start of you reporting at your start time until you hit the road, you are on the clock at full rate. No more waiting for free. This starts at home terminal or wherever you are starting out from.