Yellow | Reddaway Expansion TX,OK and LA

I would say the same about Reddaway. Why would they turn freight over to SMT for delivery in a service area fully covered by YRCF?
SWMF operating costs are less than YRCF. Wages, benefits, and so on.

So we lay off at YRCF and give the freight to an outside carrier?
Not saying to lay any one off. Just see how these companies operate.Costs. You realize there are states where none of the regionals operate, so YRC will have to give the interline freight to a local company.I.E., North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and I would bet quite a few more that even the regionals do not cover the entire state. That is the whole point, costs. If YRCF driver has to drive say and extra 50-60 miles for a minimum charge shipment, probably residential or something like an e-bay shipment, and takes an hour and a half to get back to his regular route area for that one shipment, it cannot be profitable. I looked at the list of towns in Illinois where I live and the few terminals that will interline any freight, and these places are for the most part populated 300 or less people. Cannot believe they go there very often the whole year. Have seen ABF interlining for years in rural areas, and I do not hear of them losing any drivers because of it. Just sayin'.

I understand deliveries to outlying service areas but this is not what going on here
These zips were copied from the Reddaway zip code expansion into Texas
75060 TX IRVING
75061 TX IRVING
75062 TX IRVING
75063 TX IRVING
  1. YRC Freight
  2. 4 Google reviews
  3. Trucking Company
  4. 200 North Belt Line Road, Irving, TX 75061

This is the address of the YRC breakbulk for the D/FW area note the zip code. I would also add that the Reddaway service map says service to these zips will be handled by there reliable partner Southwestern Motor Transport

Last edited:
I understand deliveries to outlying service areas but this is not what going on here
These zips were copied from the Reddaway zip code expansion into Texas
75060 TX IRVING
75061 TX IRVING
75062 TX IRVING
75063 TX IRVING
  1. YRC Freight
  2. 4 Google reviews
  3. Trucking Company
  4. 200 North Belt Line Road, Irving, TX 75061

This is the address of the YRC breakbulk for the D/FW area note the zip code. I would also add that the Reddaway service map says service to these zips will be handled by there reliable partner Southwestern Motor Transport
So Reddaway is going to expand to Texas. And interline certain points with SW. Just opening up new territory. Same as YRCF moving shipments from S. Cal to Washington state. Some customers use Reddaway, and not YRCF. Others use YRCF and not Reddaway. Their pricing and ours probably differ on different lanes.

Might be a tough job selling this new territory to the shippers, many of them are going to to remember YRC closing Dugan(this was Dugan served territory)and having to scramble for alternatives 10 years ago, they might be hesitatant to ship on a YRC regional again.

Might be a tough job selling this new territory to the shippers, many of them are going to to remember YRC closing Dugan(this was Dugan served territory)and having to scramble for alternatives 10 years ago, they might be hesitatant to ship on a YRC regional again.
I wonder how many even know who Dugan was. Unless you are in an area they covered.
Out West you never see or hear of a majority of these regional carriers.

So Reddaway is going to expand to Texas. And interline certain points with SW. Just opening up new territory. Same as YRCF moving shipments from S. Cal to Washington state. Some customers use Reddaway, and not YRCF. Others use YRCF and not Reddaway. Their pricing and ours probably differ on different lanes.
This is not about the customers choice it's about YRCW's choice to use a third party to facilitate end delivery instead of a company they already own!
Look on the service map:http://www.yrcregional.com/technology/serviceMapsI.shtml
Using the examples you used earlier tap on Nebraska , South Dakota , North Dakota and it will tell you YRC will make the end delivery!
Now tap on Texas , Oaklahoma , Louisiana and it will tell you SMT will make the end delivery!

Ten times the freight moves from DFW,Houston,Tulsa and OKC in the direction of Boise or the North West in general than Boise to the south(unless your'e shipping potatoes)
That's why Roadway in Albuquerque was so into backhaul, which came to a stop after the merger.

This is not about the customers choice it's about YRCW's choice to use a third party to facilitate end delivery instead of a company they already own!
Look on the service map:http://www.yrcregional.com/technology/serviceMapsI.shtml
Using the examples you used earlier tap on Nebraska , South Dakota , North Dakota and it will tell you YRC will make the end delivery!
Now tap on Texas , Oaklahoma , Louisiana and it will tell you SMT will make the end delivery!
Am just going to let this go. I do not really understand your view on this, nor do I think you understand mine.

Ten times the freight moves from DFW,Houston,Tulsa and OKC in the direction of Boise or the North West in general than Boise to the south(unless your'e shipping potatoes)
Your right on the taters I am thinking the surrounding states which are not big shippers also.
Just a little confused as to why not YRC.
I believe their is much more to this and shall see as it unfolds.
Working back to the all under one roof model ??