Yellow | Regarding Roadway Dispatchers Attitude...

DragBikeMike

TB Lurker
Credits
First - I have witnessed some pretty :shit:ty behavior by former Yellow drivers at our terminal - cussing in the window will get you NOWHERE!

second - do not call the office 30 times a day asking where you are at on the board... use the board update.. and if it has not been updated recently - REQUEST THAT IT IS...

THIRD - in regrads to haz mat loads...

our people are busy trying to figure things out - only to have 3 yellow guys standing in the window asking what placcards they need!

YOU have the hax mat endorsement on YOUR license - YOU are the truck driver!!! You mean to tell me yellow guys have the endorsement but do not know what placards they need???

YOU never learned the haz mat tables - yet you took the test and are supposed to be certified and legal to haul hazmat???

JESUS guys - step up and LIVE UP to what you are supposed to be... do not use dispatch as a crutch!

The old Roadway dispatchers will not put up with that!

and all you will wind up doing is pissing all of the office people off (which means problems for you down the road)

LOOK AT YOUR BILLS _ AND FIGURE IT OUT _ IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! - AND LEAVE THE DISPATCHERS ALONE SO THEY CAN GET OTHERS ROLLING!!!
:flame:

First off, and I am fairly confident that I speak for all of the Yellow legacy employees, kiss my azz.

If you are too negligent, lazy or just don't know your job well enough to update the line, then you can answer the calls. Do your job, and don't feel bad. The Yellow dispatchers were as worthless as you in this regards.

As far as Haz Mat goes, at Yellow it was the offices job to figure placards and UN numbers out. The drivers checked it, but it was YOUR job, and frankly should be. In the case of a difference of opinion between what the Yellow paperwork said and what the driver said, 99.99% of the time it was decided by management that THEY were right, so to a pretty big extent, the drivers over time paid less and less attention to it and just did as they were told. A concept that management seems to love, but only when it benefits them.

As far as YOU creating problems for US? Please!! You would be surprised how long it can take us to get from point A to point B if we really put our minds to it. You might also want to take a quick look into the contract book in the section that says if ANYTHING is wrong with a truck or trailer, we can stop in place and get it repaired.

Watch yourself kid. If the wheels fall off this operation, even if you are in the right, it is a lot easier for YRC to fire you that to fire all of us. Management screwed us on the contract, screwed us on the pay cut, and screwed us on the stock warrant price. We're not going to get screwed again by the likes of you. WE all want thins to work. It;s time that YOU start acting like you do.

testpilot - I am a driver - not a dispatcher - and as far as wanting things to work - I do...

but this is the exact attitude I am seeing that is not helpig anything -

no one here has or is entitled to anything - ZERO!

know your job - DO YOUR JOB

and....

I will do you one even better than that!

a buddy of mine who works in our shop and I were talking the other day - he had two former yellow guys come back to the shop for repairs -

both knowing that the line was busy and it would be at least an hour wait...

When it was the first guys turn - he stated that his truck did not have an ashtray!

the mechanic told him to roll - and then watched and listened to him brag about getting an hour on the clock (all the while laughing about it)

that sort of ::shit:: WILL NOT HELP THE COMPANY ONE BIT!

the second guy was up next - and his complaint???

he said that the truck smelled funny and there was some gum wrappers on the floor!

again he punched the clock for an hour + and hee hawed out the door with the first guy...

THAT is the attitude I am talking about - and it is just a matter of time before this type of crap gets noticed by management and the hammer starts to fall on guys abusing the system.

and....

I will do you one even better than that!

a buddy of mine who works in our shop and I were talking the other day - he had two former yellow guys come back to the shop for repairs -

both knowing that the line was busy and it would be at least an hour wait...

When it was the first guys turn - he stated that his truck did not have an ashtray!

the mechanic told him to roll - and then watched and listened to him brag about getting an hour on the clock (all the while laughing about it)

that sort of ::shit:: WILL NOT HELP THE COMPANY ONE BIT!

the second guy was up next - and his complaint???

he said that the truck smelled funny and there was some gum wrappers on the floor!

again he punched the clock for an hour + and hee hawed out the door with the first guy...

THAT is the attitude I am talking about - and it is just a matter of time before this type of crap gets noticed by management and the hammer starts to fall on guys abusing the system.
Better yet why dont you become a dispatcher then you can wear a tie and tell us what to do.....i bet in grade school you were bossy as well.......:duh:

testpilot - I am a driver - not a dispatcher - and as far as wanting things to work - I do...

but this is the exact attitude I am seeing that is not helpig anything -

no one here has or is entitled to anything - ZERO!

know your job - DO YOUR JOB
r u a supertrucker

Geez Mike I think you better come up for some air. Its not healthy to spend so much time under the bosses desk.

ohh so ou guys agree with sandbagging and creating problems???

it is that sort of crap that is going to bring us down.

You're absolutely right! That BS is about as close to stealing as you can get. "Honest" days work for honest days pay. I can remember those sandbagging types years ago at lots of good union jobs. They had a "f**k the company" attitude till the job shut down. Then later on at the union hall they were like little sheep begging the BA to find them work somewhere.

ohh so ou guys agree with sandbagging and creating problems???

it is that sort of crap that is going to bring us down.

I am going to put my two cents in here. I have noticed that there were vastly different managing styles between the two companies. Roadway contractual employees were allowed to be part of the solution to many problems. Yellow contractual employees on the other hand were treated with the "do as I tell you" attitude from the management. Knowing that explains a great deal. Teamsters, cut each other some slack. We only know what we were taught.

We all need to work together on this. If we all can stand strong together some day we might bring the meaning of being a TEAMSTER. I myself, I'm not ready to hang my hat up on the wall like my PRESTON hat, and i think I speak for other members not ready to hang their hat up either.

I've been battling the same B.S. from the roadway guys,Its like just because there mgmt took over the yellow guys are a bunch of f...ups.
We are to do as we're told,not to boss each other around.I had a situation with a rdwy driver.gave him a choice between 3 assignments,he took the easiest one then has the hypocrosy to downgrade other drivers....get the f out of my face..we are teamsters quit with which company was better and just do what the hell your told.
If u know so much,how come your not on the board of directors...damn you....lol

Get a grip

Ya know, We are 1 month into this new system and we are still arguing about who was better. I have learned that there are azz holes on both sides of the fence. No one is happy that we are losing jobs and the company is on the ropes. But fighting among ourselves is childish. No I am not happy about going backward 6 yrs. in seniority, but it is a reality I have to deal with. We as Teamsters need to realize our options are limited and we can either see the glass as half full or half empty.

If you see the glass as half full then go into work and do the best you can, If someone needs help then help your brother Teamster and it should not matter what Color they wore before the merger. ( We can not change that which has already happened )

If you see the glass as half empty, then fine go in and try to screw the company and spend all your time complaining. Sounds like a miserable life but that is your choice. I for one am rooting for the company and will do an honest days work for an honest days pay. The future of this company is in the hands of people way above my pay grade, But I do not want to be a cause for failure in anything I do. This is my choice. So make your choice; be part of the solution and pray for the best or be part of the problem.

But we as Teamsters do not need to go after each other.
Just another opinion.​

Have a Great Day and GOD Bless!
:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2​

drag bike mike.

i was in 241 a couple of weeks ago and it runs a lot smoother than CTI ever ran.

everybody seems cordial, the only problem is nobody is waving on the road.

i've been throughout the midwest to a bunch of terminals and to me, the whiners are going to whine no matter who's name is on the paycheck.

one thing i have noticed, ROADWAY's, dispatch staff in more diverse than YELLOW's old white guy network but, everyone is really trying to make things work.

YELLOW freight drivers are different than german shephard puppies, they never stop whining.

now if any of you 'YELLOW LEGACY' got a problem with that good.

just do your friggin' jobs and shutup, there's a lot of guys behind you that would like to be in your slot.

since the merge, i have not fulfilled my bid once yet for a complete round, so what, i just do what they tell me to do.

i just put my headphones on between 2 and 3am eastern and listen to phish live on XM 56 while drinking a good hot cup of pilot hazelnut coffee and everything smooths out.

well, a lot of guys misread or misunderstood what my complaints were...

the idea is to not make a bad situation worse - and to do the job you were hired for.

Guys going out of their way to "stick it to the company" are bringing us all down.

and as stated - it is just a matter of time before management (in this case old roadway management) notices some of the games and starts firing guys...

the deal in the shop = theft (and they will NOT get their jobs back).

the deal in the office = incompetence (and they will get warning letters).

My point - some of you all need to quit complaining about the merger - it is DONE... and MAN UP!

:TR10driving03:

From what ive seen thus far RW dispatchers are more polite and professional than yellow dispatchers (im yellow road 8yrs) i have spent far less time at both my home term and every term i go to now that RW manegment is running the show.Will this keep us afloat i dont know but i think its a step in the right direction.I think that is what this thread is about right.

One of the biggest problems in this merger is I see, the way the paperwork is processed, all the way from the dock to the driver. Yellow did it their way & Roadway done it their way & to say its a little confusing is an understatement. It is not the Yellow drivers fault they were trained to do their job the way Yellow wanted it done & it shouldn't be the Roadway drivers job to ridicule & vice versa. We are YRC now & We should be helping each other out on whatever the circumstances occur, & if We don't, We will be looking for employment real soon.

As far as the shop & stealing time, that will always be there, unfortunately as long as a human drives these trucks, its gonna happen. Not every driver sees the same faults with the same equipment & some drivers (Ex Yellow or Ex Roadway) will always see things differently because we were programed that way @ our old companies. Even the mechanics & shops see things differently as to their importance & their catagory of importance of what is considered safe or not. So what may sound stupid to one person, might be a viable concern to another. An ashtray to one driver sounds real ignorant to go to the shop for a non smoker, but to a smoker that doesn't like throwing their butts out the window, its a concern. Solution would be to carry your own ashtray, but if its a new truck, I will take it the shop to have it noted that "I didn't do it" CYA (cover your azz). I have seen drivers get written up for less, so in doubt, have it documented by a supervisor. The shop could easily fix this problem, When you get to the shop, there should be someone you have to report your problem to & has the ability to sign off repairs need not to be repaired for safe operation.

The Hazmat concerns "ARE" a big problem right now @ all the terminals. Yellow used to flag a hazmat bill & used a fly sheet with the proper placards & UN's marked clearly on it. This was the billing clerks responsability, the driver has "The ultimate responsabilty" that will never change, but it made things easier & thats the way Yellow drivers were trained. These loads that are placarded should be placarded "Before" they leave the dock. The driver does not know whether this shipment was actually put on the trailer or not, so it should be the dock supervisor to make sure it is right. Also i have noticed the abbreviations for the description is different (TT= Tote, DM =drum, etc...) so some drivers don't know the exact description of what the container is. The hazmat rules change daily & it is up to the TM or LM to make sure the drivers are aware of any changes & that doesn't always happen, there is a lack of communication between everyone. I have seen numerous errors on hazmat billing, so if i don't know what the description is, the actual amount, size of container or can't find the bill, I will ask the dispatcher & if he don't know, than I will wait till he finds out. YRC may pay the fine for a faulty description, but they won't do the time if its wrong & something happens, AGAIN CYA!!!! Terminal rules also play a big part in this, some terminals the driver placards & some terminals the yard placards & both parties can get very testy on who does this work.

So as all can see, this hazmat problem will continue until there is a company wide policy (This is a fault of YRC) & a set of rules set forth for all to comply with. This whole merger was toss @ all of us & expedited with know knowledge of how things were to be run. This is not the Ex-Yellow drivers fault that they don't know how Ex-Roadway done things or how the computer/paperwork was done. It might sound foolish to an Ex-Roadway driver, but it might be pretty dam confusing to an Ex-Yellow driver. If in doubt "ask your supervisor" thats what they're there for, let them make the decision.

Remember; The Only Stupid Question, Is A Question Not Asked & Don't Assume-Find Out

How could anyone misunderstand the meaning of your post? You couldn't have came across like any more of Roadway Legacy ***, than you did.

First of all I am an ex Rdwy, now RYC or what ever we are these day's, and we were alway's told when it came to Haz Mat that "if there were ANY question or doubt on what placard to use, call dispatch for final decision" that way the liability to the company would be reduced, because believe it or not they have "alot" more resources in the office to quickly determine the correct plac, than you have stuffed down in your door collecting rain water and cigarette ash.

I don't really buy the shop story, sound's like truck stop BS to me, and if it did happen, then your just as guilty for letting it happen, guess you wouldn't say anything bout the Roadway guy stuffing the Sony Bravia 52inch in his car eather huh? Theft is Theft.

And in case anyone misunderstood my post, here it is in a nutshell, don't come on here bashing your brothers, there may be some bad apples, but dont paint all with the same brush, especially if your going to stand there and allow it to go on.

There were just as many sorry Roadway drivers as there were Yellow drivers, good thing neather of those companys are around any more huh!!!

Peace, Out. :rockon:

I suggest you review DOT reg's for drivers responsibility. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure a placarded load is in legal compliance as long as you are informed of its presence. If you disagree with the placarding in place on the unit and interpret laws differently than dispatch, ask dispatch to notate conflicting info so your butt is covered. If I interpret the paperwork I have and dispatch disagrees, I make them notate on my paperwork. An example is if I show a discrepancy that I have hazmat listed and no appropriate placards, I let dispatch make the call. If they say the hazmat is not actually on my truck, i make them notate on my paperwork that it is Freight Ahead. It is their job to make the call based on their paperwork, it is your job to know the laws/regs and cover your own butt.