Yellow | Regarding Roadway Dispatchers Attitude...

its just my opinion but i think if we all dont get this ATTITUDE of us vs them meaning rdwy or yellow we will never get this thing to hold on long enough for any of us, just my opinion but it is true thant rdwy and yellow did things alot different and it should be up to te tm and gom and city ops to sit down and decide what the rules should be and that should be it

its just my opinion but i think if we all dont get this ATTITUDE of us vs them meaning rdwy or yellow we will never get this thing to hold on long enough for any of us, just my opinion but it is true thant rdwy and yellow did things alot different and it should be up to te tm and gom and city ops to sit down and decide what the rules should be and that should be it

The members should let the locals know what rules they want. This is still a union job

First - I have witnessed some pretty :shit:ty behavior by former Yellow drivers at our terminal - cussing in the window will get you NOWHERE!

second - do not call the office 30 times a day asking where you are at on the board... use the board update.. and if it has not been updated recently - REQUEST THAT IT IS...

THIRD - in regrads to haz mat loads...

our people are busy trying to figure things out - only to have 3 yellow guys standing in the window asking what placcards they need!

YOU have the hax mat endorsement on YOUR license - YOU are the truck driver!!! You mean to tell me yellow guys have the endorsement but do not know what placards they need???

YOU never learned the haz mat tables - yet you took the test and are supposed to be certified and legal to haul hazmat???

JESUS guys - step up and LIVE UP to what you are supposed to be... do not use dispatch as a crutch!

The old Roadway dispatchers will not put up with that!

and all you will wind up doing is pissing all of the office people off (which means problems for you down the road)

LOOK AT YOUR BILLS _ AND FIGURE IT OUT _ IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! - AND LEAVE THE DISPATCHERS ALONE SO THEY CAN GET OTHERS ROLLING!!!
:flame:

First of all, who is driving the truck? U? Who gets and has to pay the fines by DOT/state police when company doesn't give driver the proper paperwork to be legal on he road? Are you going to take the responcibility when a driver you dispatched screws up on he road? Do you want to share a jail cell with that driver, when he/she kills someone else on the road? I think not. Then again, I guess if u were an original Roadway driver would do it :TR10driving03:, because he/she doesn't want to make his/her dispatcher :ranting2:. :biglaugh: Well, the old Roadway dispatchers would have gotten their :eck13:'s kicked severely by us Yellow drivers, or had a number of Harrassment Lawsuits on Roadway. Terminal 309/Chicago has 147 cases with the Labor Board on harassment charges, currently. Me, I wouldn't put up with that ::shit::. You management people can talk down to your brain-washed, wimppy, Roadway drivers like dogs all you want. I treat people, the way I wanted to be treated, like a person. If you can't talk to someone like a professional, then YRC will have more problems with people in the near future. You dispatchers, do your damn job. Answer the phone, treat your drivers like costumers. Drivers will actually respect and work with you better. Noone likes to work with an :eck13: Have all bills/paperwork ready, when driver arrives for dispatch. Have them prepared according to the DOT Regulations, which Roadway's computer printouts don't have. That is why us (x-Yellow) drivers have the bad attitudes, because we have to do your work and it delays us, and the freight. Where is the scale ticket at showing us drivers how much weight is on each axle? Where are the write-ups on the faulty equipment? Why isn't there any grease put on the 5th wheels? Do I have enough hours to run this dispatch? What placards go on the trailer? Hey; If I didn't load the trailer, then I don't placard the trailer. That is a DOT Regulation. Our job is to make sure the right placards or UN numbers are already put on the trailer, however. I don't leave any window, until I have all the proper bills/information/directions, and all my questions have been answered. Thats what smart (YELLOW) drivers have been trained to do, over the years by (YELLOW) management. Unfortunately; the management that survived through the merging companies, are the original Roadway, brain-dead, ::shit:: heads.

and....

I will do you one even better than that!

a buddy of mine who works in our shop and I were talking the other day - he had two former yellow guys come back to the shop for repairs -

both knowing that the line was busy and it would be at least an hour wait...

When it was the first guys turn - he stated that his truck did not have an ashtray!

the mechanic told him to roll - and then watched and listened to him brag about getting an hour on the clock (all the while laughing about it)

that sort of ::shit:: WILL NOT HELP THE COMPANY ONE BIT!

the second guy was up next - and his complaint???

he said that the truck smelled funny and there was some gum wrappers on the floor!

again he punched the clock for an hour + and hee hawed out the door with the first guy...

THAT is the attitude I am talking about - and it is just a matter of time before this type of crap gets noticed by management and the hammer starts to fall on guys abusing the system.

Abusing the system? Oh, how YRC is freezing our pension and taking 15% out of our paychecks. That is the abuse. Good, the next time I get out of a truck. I will make sure that I **** on the floor of cab, and spit my chewing tobacco all over, then see if your not in the shop getting another truck switched out.

well over half the time at 509 we dont have bills. so we dont worry about loads and they dont fix anything so eveybody just calls a vender on the road

seems to me everyone is whinning over how Yellow drivers are complaining how Roadway is doing things, ie. dispatching, way things are supervised on the dock. Just think about it for a minute if the table was turned and they went Yellows policies for everything. Former Roadway workers would probably be whinning too. since nobody from Roadway seen how Yellow ran and the stats system to give more info to the dock worker as to the placarding and where and when the freight was loaded or docked i dont think it is fair to say they are whinning, i happen to work at a terminal 813 that merged with roadway that shared the dock, leased to Roadway prior to the merge. we combined and they ran under the Yellow system for a month before the sacramento terminal blended in to ours. we all get along and the former Roadway guys we shared the dock with liked Yellows sytem better then the one we have now. until you have tried both systems it is easy to say which one works better. i have worked for this company 20 years now and would like to retire from it. it is what it is... we have to use the system they gave us, wish we could decide but we cant. so lets just stop complaining about each others company as we are all one now. there is no more Roadway or Yellow just YRC, for better or worse this is what we got to live with, just my opinion

I like the phrase" Be careful who you **** off in the office cause it will mean problems for you down the road" This must be some sorry Roadway manager. You know one thing I have found out is that the former Yellow Legacy guys have a "SACK" we were not like a bunch of little "WHIPPED POOCHES" Management never talked down to us and tried to intimidate us either. The instances when they did attempt it they were beaten down!!! Management had a job to do and labor had a job to to and that was the way it worked!! If a manager started whining we told him if he could not handle the job bid off!!! that is what we told the whiners on the board!!!! Just remember be careful of pissing off that driver , because he has a whole dispatch ahead of him to figure out how he is going to put the screws back to you Mr. Manager!!!!!! Oh and by the way I'm also a shop Steward too, and yes elected. Mr Manager one thing I will tell you just like I have told managers here in Den "You manage this place and we run it!!!! You have authority and we have power, you will never get both!!!!

First of all, who is driving the truck? U? Who gets and has to pay the fines by DOT/state police when company doesn't give driver the proper paperwork to be legal on he road? Are you going to take the responcibility when a driver you dispatched screws up on he road? Do you want to share a jail cell with that driver, when he/she kills someone else on the road? I think not. Then again, I guess if u were an original Roadway driver would do it :TR10driving03:, because he/she doesn't want to make his/her dispatcher :ranting2:. :biglaugh: Well, the old Roadway dispatchers would have gotten their :eck13:'s kicked severely by us Yellow drivers, or had a number of Harrassment Lawsuits on Roadway. Terminal 309/Chicago has 147 cases with the Labor Board on harassment charges, currently. Me, I wouldn't put up with that ::shit::. You management people can talk down to your brain-washed, wimppy, Roadway drivers like dogs all you want. I treat people, the way I wanted to be treated, like a person. If you can't talk to someone like a professional, then YRC will have more problems with people in the near future. You dispatchers, do your damn job. Answer the phone, treat your drivers like costumers. Drivers will actually respect and work with you better. Noone likes to work with an :eck13: Have all bills/paperwork ready, when driver arrives for dispatch. Have them prepared according to the DOT Regulations, which Roadway's computer printouts don't have. That is why us (x-Yellow) drivers have the bad attitudes, because we have to do your work and it delays us, and the freight. Where is the scale ticket at showing us drivers how much weight is on each axle? Where are the write-ups on the faulty equipment? Why isn't there any grease put on the 5th wheels? Do I have enough hours to run this dispatch? What placards go on the trailer? Hey; If I didn't load the trailer, then I don't placard the trailer. That is a DOT Regulation. Our job is to make sure the right placards or UN numbers are already put on the trailer, however. I don't leave any window, until I have all the proper bills/information/directions, and all my questions have been answered. Thats what smart (YELLOW) drivers have been trained to do, over the years by (YELLOW) management. Unfortunately; the management that survived through the merging companies, are the original Roadway, brain-dead, ::shit:: heads.
I think you are confusing management with clerical. The guys at the window are really not management. So while the clerical may be mostly Roadway (I don't know if that's true) the management is Yellow, and in the end it is the management that is responsible for all outcomes, because they make the decisions. And by the way, once more for the record, Smid is from Yellow. Zollars is from Yellow. 1 and 2 guys from Yellow. And please stop the chest pounding about Yellow guys....I see them everyday, your living in a fantasy world.

I must say I thought it was so gentle of all the roadway people the way they have never complained or said any thing out the way about anyone!!Never in my life have I seen such gracious bunch of employes...sarcasim.,:;;;'''!!!

One of the main reasons there are so many Roadway people at the window,might just be The old Yellow Fellows would not learn the system that is being used. I know a month after the merge Yellow Mngmt could not even dispatch a driver. From what I saw Yellow had some kind of sheet they need to have signed and punch. How out dated was that. That like back in the 70's and these are the same people that want to call Roadways system out dated. One thing I noticed Yellow liked you to write every thing down 3 or 4 times. At Roadway we had a m-11 in the trucks it was a book that left you see all the write up on the truck you where getting. About a year ago we had to start using the form yellow used. now no one knows what has been writen up. Thats a real good one. Our paper work is simple easy and quick. probable is confusing when your used to writing things 3 or 4 times.

Terminal 309 had agreed to Yellow's work rules in Chicago. Our work rules follow us. Thats is what 309 fails to do repeatedly. They keep trying to change the system.

Roadway's toilet paper trail is more like it. I miss Yellow's pay sheets. Everything was a lot easier to keep track of, more organized. Can you remember (which) slip of dispatch paper you wrote all your time on? No, you can trust your dispatcher. It is in the computer. Ha!

I like the phrase" Be careful who you **** off in the office cause it will mean problems for you down the road" This must be some sorry Roadway manager. You know one thing I have found out is that the former Yellow Legacy guys have a "SACK" we were not like a bunch of little "WHIPPED POOCHES" Management never talked down to us and tried to intimidate us either. The instances when they did attempt it they were beaten down!!! Management had a job to do and labor had a job to to and that was the way it worked!!
If a manager started whining we told him if he could not handle the job bid off!![/QUOTE]! that is what we told the whiners on the board!!!! Just remember be careful of pissing off that driver , because he has a whole dispatch ahead of him to figure out how he is going to put the screws back to you Mr. Manager!!!!!! Oh and by the way I'm also a shop Steward too, and yes elected. Mr Manager one thing I will tell you just like I have told managers here in Den "You manage this place and we run it!!!!
You have authority and we have power, you will never get both!!!
*********************************************************************************************
Wow!! Are you confrontational!! That is thee difference between Yellow, Cf and Roadway. I guess you're new at this. The part about "we run it" is so funny. They follow people with cameras and give you a letter for not getting out before you back or taking a 12 min break. They will find something to write you up. You got a lot to learn. So remember you get a 10 minute break not 12. They will play fantasy target practice with you. And good luck on the stand up..you'll need good ground skills too

One of the main reasons there are so many Roadway people at the window,might just be The old Yellow Fellows would not learn the system that is being used. I know a month after the merge Yellow Mngmt could not even dispatch a driver. From what I saw Yellow had some kind of sheet they need to have signed and punch. How out dated was that. That like back in the 70's and these are the same people that want to call Roadways system out dated. One thing I noticed Yellow liked you to write every thing down 3 or 4 times. At Roadway we had a m-11 in the trucks it was a book that left you see all the write up on the truck you where getting. About a year ago we had to start using the form yellow used. now no one knows what has been writen up. Thats a real good one. Our paper work is simple easy and quick. probable is confusing when your used to writing things 3 or 4 times.
You can't be serious with this post right? I mean this has to be a tounge-in-cheek response. Dated? Really? I found it laughable when I read the '70's comment, because that's exactly what I've been saying about Roadways computer system. You generate a seprate peice of "toilet" paper for each and every thing that you do. And you have to wait for the receipt for each and everything you do. I can't even begin to add up the man-hours wasted sitting (jamming.....Yes this is a shot at you Dirtbag Mike:eck13:) at that window waitng for delay time, shop time, breakdown time, The sheet you refer to was simplistic. We punched, had our time signed for by a dispatcher, tore off our copy and handed the rest to dispatch and the entire process lasted an entire 15 seconds. With the system Roadway uses brothers and sisters had to trust management to put in their time for them and maybe they'd get it, maybe they wouldn't. It makes me laugh:biglaugh:. I'm pretty sure that of the 20 grievances I've filed since 3/1 at least 3 of them were for time owed. I also believe that Y.R.C. choose this system so that they could beg like the trash they are for even more concessions since it eats money. The irony isn't lost on me that it takes way more man-hours to do 7 seperate steps on the computer for each peice of equipment, Tractor, trailer, converter, trailer, driver, origin of load, destination, Than to do it just 1 time and press enter.:clap: They spend $20 million to save $12 million and we get to pay for it. OO-RAH! Thanks for the laugh brother.

See thats the thing before the merger I watched Yellow drivers at the window of smaller terminals standing around waiting for a dispatcher or in some cases just a night person whoi I quess had no other job but to sign your papers wait. Didn't seem to modern to me. Thats what I like about this you get to amuse stupid people. Oh yea your smarter than me I worked for REX. Most of all look at the way you ack. We both know Y.T and REX are gone. I'd really like to know does it make you feel better about YRC to to let everyone know your oppinion::nutkick:

BS

See thats the thing before the merger I watched Yellow drivers at the window of smaller terminals standing around waiting for a dispatcher or in some cases just a night person whoi I quess had no other job but to sign your papers wait. Didn't seem to modern to me. Thats what I like about this you get to amuse stupid people. Oh yea your smarter than me I worked for REX. Most of all look at the way you ack. We both know Y.T and REX are gone. I'd really like to know does it make you feel better about YRC to to let everyone know your oppinion::nutkick:

It takes longer to wait for the YRC dispatcher to enter data and wait for the toilet paper to come out of the computer than for a Yellow dispatcher to sign a sheet that is already made out. I never had to wait.

If the moronic dispatchers would take the time to move the computer printer closer to the dispatch window, a lot of wasted time (ie: dispatchers walking across the hall or across the dock like 104) would be eliminated. But that's only common sense. YRC knows best.

Buddy, there's no need to state the obvious, a box of rocks are smarter than you. And I'll bet your amused all of the time. Hey, try not to take it personal, we aren't laughing AT you, we're laughing BECAUSE of you!:biglaugh: I'm feeling much better now, thanks.