Yellow | Regarding Roadway Dispatchers Attitude...

Just for arguements sake. Why does everyone think it must be placarded in the yard? DOT has no jurisdiction untill its pulled onto the street. You can overload one, have bald tires, no brakes or lights and it don't mean squat until you pull it onto the street. I have seen Dot sit localy across the street on some oversize loads, wait till its pulled on the street and THEN write tickets. Fire marshall may have problems with non placarded trailers but I don't think anyone else cares. Just my thoughts so feel free to argue with me. :clap:

First off, and I am fairly confident that I speak for all of the Yellow legacy employees, kiss my azz.

If you are too negligent, lazy or just don't know your job well enough to update the line, then you can answer the calls. Do your job, and don't feel bad. The Yellow dispatchers were as worthless as you in this regards.

As far as Haz Mat goes, at Yellow it was the offices job to figure placards and UN numbers out. The drivers checked it, but it was YOUR job, and frankly should be. In the case of a difference of opinion between what the Yellow paperwork said and what the driver said, 99.99% of the time it was decided by management that THEY were right, so to a pretty big extent, the drivers over time paid less and less attention to it and just did as they were told. A concept that management seems to love, but only when it benefits them.

As far as YOU creating problems for US? Please!! You would be surprised how long it can take us to get from point A to point B if we really put our minds to it. You might also want to take a quick look into the contract book in the section that says if ANYTHING is wrong with a truck or trailer, we can stop in place and get it repaired.

Watch yourself kid. If the wheels fall off this operation, even if you are in the right, it is a lot easier for YRC to fire you that to fire all of us. Management screwed us on the contract, screwed us on the pay cut, and screwed us on the stock warrant price. We're not going to get screwed again by the likes of you. WE all want thins to work. It;s time that YOU start acting like you do.

Q:WHAT ARE THE RULES ON PERSONAL ATTACKS :nutkick:
A: Don't do it.

the dot rules that the trailer must be placarded when trailer is loaded. It is against the law to have trailers setting in the lot with haz-mat loaded and not placarded.

If it's loaded on a trailer it has to have a placard on it in case there is an emergency. If the haz-mat shipment is removed from the trailer then so are the placards.

Placarding Haz-mat Shipment's On Trailer's:

Objective: To communicate the potential hazards of transported materials by training the driver and loading/unloading personnel in correct hazardous materials placarding.

Description: In the event of an emergency situation, it is critical that the primary hazards associated with a shipment be communicated to emergency response personnel and to other people in the immediate area. Placards enable the hazards of a cargo to be identified from a distance. Personnel who are properly trained may detect placarding procedures which do not comply with regulations and thereby avoid dangerous and costly errors at an emergency scene.

If it's loaded on a trailer it has to have a placard on it in case there is an emergency. If the haz-mat shipment is removed from the trailer then so are the placards.

Placarding Haz-mat Shipment's On Trailer's:

Objective: To communicate the potential hazards of transported materials by training the driver and loading/unloading personnel in correct hazardous materials placarding.

Description: In the event of an emergency situation, it is critical that the primary hazards associated with a shipment be communicated to emergency response personnel and to other people in the immediate area. Placards enable the hazards of a cargo to be identified from a distance. Personnel who are properly trained may detect placarding procedures which do not comply with regulations and thereby avoid dangerous and costly errors at an emergency scene.
Benny I'm just in a mood to argue and will say up front I'm not an expert. Why does going from a dock to a trailer 10 ft away change things? What if its a storage trailer not licensed? Does that change things? What you quoted, if I'm not mistaken, come right out of the Dot handbook, which in my opinion does'nt apply untill its "on the street". Now company policy is the placards change the minute the freight is moved to/from the trailer. I know I'm just puling ::shit:: out of my .... for convesation.
:smilie_132:

How disgraceful some of us have become. If you desire a job as management, how about you apply for one. I'm a Yellow legacy driver and I work (when I work) at a cesspool called 309. Perhaps you've heard of it. We had many peices of management wannabes at Yellow, but nothing like the human fecal matter floating around at 309. As a 3rd generation Teamster my grandfather always said that all we have is each other and that if management can get away with doing something to one guy, then they can do it to us all. This is why we have each other's backs. Well that and the fact that we don't do each other jobs. EVER. Placards are done by spotters, tractors are cleaned out by mechanics ect. ect. If we start doing these things for ourselves then we don't need those jobs and brothers stay home. Well things have changed huh? Trash now pays to work, finances non-union labor to come in and take work from brothers and sisters sitting home losing everything. And that's cool with some of you because, well it ain't YOU is it? Not yet anyway. What do you care if a driver calls in to find out where he is on the board? He's jamming the window? You are a whining maggot. It very well may be too late to salvage what once was. But see if you can't find your spine and try to keep some kind of dignity. See if you can remember terms like unity and brotherhood. It seems we have lost our way. We may have lost everything those generations fought so hard to give us. And while fighting amongst ourselves doesn't help. People like the author of this topic do serve a purpose. They should remind every Teamster of what they should NEVER become. Company stooges to be held beneath contempt. Good luck to all my brothers & sisters and may karma dish out justice to those who have destroyed our way.

The trailer should be placarded before it is pulled off the dock. Why should we have to waste time going back upstairs because the trailer isn't placarded? Roadway dispatching sucks, their first in first out policy, takes a dump on drivers seniority!

Are you saying it is better to have the freight sit and wait for a senior driver that is still possibly an hour out from the terminal than to roll it with a man that's already at the terminal and available to roll?

As far as placarded loads and bills are concerned. I remember when Roadway used to flag any bill that had placard requirements, special handling or time critical. They stopped this practice about 3 years ago. I agree this is something that would make everyone's job easier and quicker, but it is what it is. I also remember that it was the dock forman's responsibility to placard all trailers and trucks before they left the dock. I gather this has changed also. I have been on comp for 2+ years, and I'm hoping that when I am completely recovered from my injuries and surgeries, that there will still be a company to go back to work for.

Are you saying it is better to have the freight sit and wait for a senior driver that is still possibly an hour out from the terminal than to roll it with a man that's already at the terminal and available to roll?

No, the case I am referring to is that when two drivers leave a terminal with the same start time and then arrive and go on rest in Chicago, the senior drivers should be called out first, not the driver who arrived first. They are condoning drivers racing to the hubs. Also by starting them at the same time they are insuring that they pay out more layover pay. Stupid.

placards

Just for arguements sake. Why does everyone think it must be placarded in the yard? DOT has no jurisdiction untill its pulled onto the street. You can overload one, have bald tires, no brakes or lights and it don't mean squat until you pull it onto the street. I have seen Dot sit localy across the street on some oversize loads, wait till its pulled on the street and THEN write tickets. Fire marshall may have problems with non placarded trailers but I don't think anyone else cares. Just my thoughts so feel free to argue with me. :clap:

Answered your own question.

No, the case I am referring to is that when two drivers leave a terminal with the same start time and then arrive and go on rest in Chicago, the senior drivers should be called out first, not the driver who arrived first. They are condoning drivers racing to the hubs. Also by starting them at the same time they are insuring that they pay out more layover pay. Stupid.

Didn't realize you were referring to layovers.

People who may care....

Dept of Homeland Security...

Environmental Protection Agency...

Fire and Police Depts...

FEMA...

FBI...

DOT...

Just to name a few.

Rat

How disgraceful some of us have become. If you desire a job as management, how about you apply for one. I'm a Yellow legacy driver and I work (when I work) at a cesspool called 309. Perhaps you've heard of it. We had many peices of management wannabes at Yellow, but nothing like the human fecal matter floating around at 309. As a 3rd generation Teamster my grandfather always said that all we have is each other and that if management can get away with doing something to one guy, then they can do it to us all. This is why we have each other's backs. Well that and the fact that we don't do each other jobs. EVER. Placards are done by spotters, tractors are cleaned out by mechanics ect. ect. If we start doing these things for ourselves then we don't need those jobs and brothers stay home. Well things have changed huh? Trash now pays to work, finances non-union labor to come in and take work from brothers and sisters sitting home losing everything. And that's cool with some of you because, well it ain't YOU is it? Not yet anyway. What do you care if a driver calls in to find out where he is on the board? He's jamming the window? You are a whining maggot. It very well may be too late to salvage what once was. But see if you can't find your spine and try to keep some kind of dignity. See if you can remember terms like unity and brotherhood. It seems we have lost our way. We may have lost everything those generations fought so hard to give us. And while fighting amongst ourselves doesn't help. People like the author of this topic do serve a purpose. They should remind every Teamster of what they should NEVER become. Company stooges to be held beneath contempt. Good luck to all my brothers & sisters and may karma dish out justice to those who have destroyed our way.

Damn I love this guy :clap:

People who may care....

Dept of Homeland Security...

Environmental Protection Agency...

Fire and Police Depts...

FEMA...

FBI...

DOT...

Just to name a few.

Rat
:bowdown: Hadn't considered all those either. In fact the only ones that don't seem to care is YRC Mngt. :biglaugh::smilie_132:

PS Like the avatar man, seen that movie with my Grand Daughter. But for all those that wanna make fun of me, I'm still a big tough Truck Driver. :sumo:

Before I left the yard in the morning I examined every dr for haz mat info and whether or not I needed placards. Dispath had the placards clipped to the bills but sometimes somebody screwed up and there were none. And made sure every light was working and every tire was legal or have then sign 'ok to run' on the m-11. I've seen line haul drivers check the bills and scale before they left. Like the man said it's your responsibility

Before I left the yard in the morning I examined every dr for haz mat info and whether or not I needed placards. And made sure every light was working and every tire was legal or have then sign 'ok to run' on the m-11. I've seen line haul drivers check the bills and scale before they left. Like the man said it's your responsibility

I had city dispatcher in OKC/531 tell me "bills are checked punch out and go"
On my city manifest I wrote where I sign that they have been check "Checked By Tom (Dispatcher)"
Got pulled in office got letter because IM supposed to sign my name. Told them Im not signing if I didnt check them was told I would be fired if i did not.
Still working here Dispatcher is npt hmmmmm

Freight bills

Roadway Bosses in my area had the bills in the Trailer kinda makes it hard to Placard your Trailers when there sealed and you are Dispatched ala no paper.The issue of Placards on/off came up the other day looked in DOT book Placards on/off when HAZ-MAT regs require during loading/unloading