XPO | Remember Overnite?

The answer to the question, how much did overnite spend trying to keep the union out? 100 Million. Then they got bought out by UPS. The union is pushing hard over at FXF too. I think the results will be the same

But why? FXF is one of the best over-all compensated carriers out there.

JUst to let you in on something, if you were not pushing the issue telling people how great it was, they would not be talking to you. The good majority of us are secure in our jobs and our personal lives..but what ever you think. The union needs membership in LTL, that's why they got a goat like you who is doing their dirty work. haha
A Goat ? Dang beer that's hard core stuff !

Get me just one of those conway workers that you say you are talking to...get them on here and lets hear why they have it so bad..i want to hear it. not the same ol' people posting..i want to hear from one of those people you are talking about.

So the "same ol' people's" complaints aren't valid?

How much did Union Pacific Railroad spend?
Are you referring to how much UP paid for Overnite in 1986? I believe it was around 650 million...........But then they sold it in 1998 for around 550 million and took a loss. UPS paid 1.25 Billion for Overnite.....I can't remember what year.

The sole reason UPS allow the union into UPSF was to remove UPS Parcel from the Central States Pension.
The union screwed tens of thousands of members so they looked like they were getting new members. UPS gave the unions $6 BILLION as a payoff so they could get out of the Central States Now look at the shape of the Teamster Pension programs????
Go ahead, vote in a union with history of screwing its own members.... Then cuts pay 7-15%for working union workers not Union Boss pay......
I did not think drivers were that stupid today but fell free to do as you please... Then enjoy the pay cut...

In 1980 the ratio of contributors to retirees to the Teamsters Pension Fund was four to one. Today that number has reversed. The Pension Protection Act expires at the end of this year unless Congress extends it. If that doesn't happen look for the Teamsters to start cutting Pension benefits as soon as next year. The Teamsters Pension Plan needs an infusion of new contributors to stop the bleeding Just my opinion TP FXF retired

Get me just one of those conway workers that you say you are talking to...get them on here and lets hear why they have it so bad..i want to hear it. not the same ol' people posting..i want to hear from one of those people you are talking about.
Well to bad I am going to answer.
Why don't you just tell us how good we have it?
The letter from doug laid claim to the raise being the most in Conway history 47 million
In one day we lost 54 million in vacation
well over 75 million in a 5%pay cut
Matching 401k gone
All in one day. And you want think we have it good
Again you are the ( I got mine so screw all the rest)

The sole reason UPS allow the union into UPSF was to remove UPS Parcel from the Central States Pension.
The union screwed tens of thousands of members so they looked like they were getting new members. UPS gave the unions $6 BILLION as a payoff so they could get out of the Central States Now look at the shape of the Teamster Pension programs????
Go ahead, vote in a union with history of screwing its own members.... Then cuts pay 7-15%for working union workers not Union Boss pay......
I did not think drivers were that stupid today but fell free to do as you please... Then enjoy the pay cut...
Hey wake up. what do you think this bunch had been doing to us?
5 pay cut
years vacation
no matching 401k
pension gone
company paid health care gone
HELLO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES

JUst to let you in on something, if you were not pushing the issue telling people how great it was, they would not be talking to you. The good majority of us are secure in our jobs and our personal lives..but what ever you think. The union needs membership in LTL, that's why they got a goat like you who is doing their dirty work. haha
Yeah Yeah!
Your forgetting your co-workers here in California reached out to US. You know there are issues with the way your company is treating their employees.
My Union will survive and will still be here after all this is over LTL or not ..

It won't happen. Runnaway train makes more sense than you do. He is tell ing the truth..your, well..idk what you are telling. Your wasting your time.
Please show me where i have posted lies about what the process is, about what a union could do for the employee's of Conway.
Runway is posting anti-union propaganda, and you being a union buster have to agree with him, So i get where your coming from. You can try to twist this around but it's only making you look silly!

Big big difference in overnite and ups..your are that stupid aren't you? haha
The difference is that Overnight was non-union and UPS is Union! Thats the difference! It means that those guys are one of the highest paid LTL drivers on the road, it means that those guys have all the protections of a union contract, and that means that they will be close to 30.00 and hour at the end of their current contract, and all because they are union.
One thing you guys fail to mention is that when UPS bought Overnight they were VERY opposed to their freight division being union, do you guys remember that? But what happen, the union came after UPS and told them you better play fair. UPS fired their freight division boss for union busting and putting out a anti-union propaganda dvd.
Funny how you guys don't mention that!

What i don't understand is that you guys keep bringing up central states like it's the ONLY pension fund the Teamsters control. Do some research and look at the west. I'm a representative in the west coast and the central states are a very long way from my office.
And your bringing in pay cuts like the employee's at Conway would vote for a inferior contract! Are you claiming that the employee's at Conway aren't smart enough to see if they are getting a raw deal?
I tell all the employee's i talk to that they get to VOTE on a contract and if they don't like what we negotiated in that contract then they could vote it down. It's simple don't you agree! :cool:

In 1980 the ratio of contributors to retirees to the Teamsters Pension Fund was four to one. Today that number has reversed. The Pension Protection Act expires at the end of this year unless Congress extends it. If that doesn't happen look for the Teamsters to start cutting Pension benefits as soon as next year. The Teamsters Pension Plan needs an infusion of new contributors to stop the bleeding Just my opinion TP FXF retired
Dome and gloom huh JC? Whats a 70+ year old timer like you doing now a days?

That is only part of the equation....The Teamsters sold out YRC......ABF took it in the A as well...........The new hires got screwed in that contract worst of all..........What new hire would want to go to ABF? Have you even bothered to look at how they got screwed......You senior guys did OK compared to them.....But that's not saying much......I don't think there is any difference from the Overnite scenario.....Conway will not let the union in....Overnite paid 100 million in attorney fees and I see Conway spending nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator: