XPO | Remember Overnite?

That is only part of the equation....The Teamsters sold out YRC......ABF took it in the A as well...........The new hires got screwed it that contract worst of all..........What new hire would want to go to ABF? Have you even bothered to look at they got screwed......You senior guys did OK compared to them.....But that's not saying much......I don't think there is any difference from Overnite
Union Busters always try to divert and cloud the air with issues with other union companies. Tell us something, What do all those problems have to do with the problems that Conway employee's face everyday?
And please bring one current ABF or YRC member that would change places with a Conway employee to this forum .. As bad as you paint that picture of how those brothers have it, they would never leave those companies to work for ANY non union outfit!!

Having to post from phone...Computer keeps crashing...I will be back tomorrow ready to continue with a civil discussion.....I will give you that....You keep things civil.

Dome and gloom huh JC? Whats a 70+ year old timer like you doing now a days?

I went fishing on a half day boat a couple of weeks ago and ran into a retired Conway driver. We shared war stories the rest of the day. I don't miss working, I used to hate going out on Sunday night on my 3/2 bid. I'm financially secure and I have my health. Still riding my quad. I hope everything works out for the Teamsters and the employees get their full pension.

Union Busters always try to divert and cloud the air with issues with other union companies. Tell us something, What do all those problems have to do with the problems that Conway employee's face everyday?
And please bring one current ABF or YRC member that would change places with a Conway employee to this forum .. As bad as you paint that picture of how those brothers have it, they would never leave those companies to work for ANY non union outfit!!
Ask yourself what kind of voice a Con/Way employee would have when they get ready to take more from us, the answer is none ,no valid forum what so ever, just beg and hope and pray!:hysterical::Violin::GrowUp:

Runway is posting anti-union propaganda, and you being a union buster have to agree with him, So i get where your coming from. !

Not everyone with an opinion is posting anti union propaganda. Some are for, some are against. It is simply an opinion. Or do we have to go back to the (⊙▃⊙)//••\/ISIS pics again ?

We are free to have our own opinions and speak for ourselves. At least for now. The way this country is going I am not how much longer even our simplest freedoms will remain.

What i don't understand is that you guys keep bringing up central states like it's the ONLY pension fund the Teamsters control. Do some research and look at the west. I'm a representative in the west coast and the central states are a very long way from my office.
And your bringing in pay cuts like the employee's at Conway would vote for a inferior contract! Are you claiming that the employee's at Conway aren't smart enough to see if they are getting a raw deal?
I tell all the employee's i talk to that they get to VOTE on a contract and if they don't like what we negotiated in that contract then they could vote it down. It's simple don't you agree! :cool:

I understand that the Western pension is secure. I doesn't cover me. Good for you.

So you are saying the YRC guys are stupid to have voted for all those concessions ? The ABF guys for their last contract ? Who wants to be a new hire there ?

We ain't as dumb as you think. Well.... maybe. But sure as hell ain't buying your BS.

That is only part of the equation....The Teamsters sold out YRC......ABF took it in the A as well...........The new hires got screwed in that contract worst of all..........What new hire would want to go to ABF? Have you even bothered to look at how they got screwed......You senior guys did OK compared to them.....But that's not saying much......I don't think there is any difference from the Overnite scenario.....Conway will not let the union in....Overnite paid 100 million in attorney fees and I see Conway spending nothing less.

Wish I had read this before I posted. Good points.

ABF and YRC drivers are jumping ship like crazy. Most I hear are going to UPS ( which yes is union ) or OD ( which is not ). You are going to use those two as sparkling examples of what a union can do ?

Not everyone talking about unions are union busters. We are people that have worked for the unions and firsthand know better. The grass ain't greener on the other side. It's greenest where the dog craps.

Please show me where i have posted lies about what the process is, about what a union could do for the employee's of Conway. Runway is posting anti-union propaganda, and you being a union buster have to agree with him, So i get where your coming from. You can try to twist this around but it's only making you look silly!
that's where you lose a lot of people... If you don't want the union, your a union buster. Come on.... Why don't you just post your side, and let us choose. Give us the facts, let us chart our own course. I have only seen two non company posters who are drivers give us facts without resorting to labelling those who disagree. The rest becomes really boring.

Difference between this Conway campaign and that Overnight campaign was that was a nationwide campaign and this is a regional one, that one was based on the concept of ONE contract and this one is multiple.
Will Conway fight? YES they will. Can they drag it on for years? Probably not since it is a nationwide company with multiple locations with separate contract negotiations. Your fear tactics are typical anti-union propaganda.
My point here is simple....And you won't get it until the Conway defense strategy goes into full play.....They are ready.....And if need be they will drag it out for years...Who are you kidding? You are trying to say that the Overnite campaign was different....but in reality there is no difference. The thread says it all...Remember Overnite? Do you truly remember Overnite? Do you remember how Holland helped them in that HBO special.....Where did that get them? Conway is ready to rumble if they have to.....I personally don't see this even getting off the ground...Even if the 12th goes well ....It will never fly in Dallas....Houston....Do you think Atlanta will get the votes? Chicago? Why would the Teamsters want to spend millions on lawyers when they could use that money on more productive issues for their current members? Do you think Conway will just roll over and welcome you with open arms?...This is one battle you guys will never will....Remember Overnite?...It would serve the Teamsters to remember Overnite. Conway does!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Wikipedia to refresh your memory....."American Standoff" .........This documentary that HBO ran in 2002 says it all.......Refresh your memory and don't waste the Teamsters time and money....Surely the Teamsters won't make the same mistake twice.....They were humiliated then with total failure and you would think that would be enough.

My point here is simple....And you won't get it until Conway defense strategy goes into full play.....They are ready.....And if need be they will drag it out for years...Who are you kidding? You are trying to say that the Overnite campaign was different....but in reality there is no difference. The thread says it all...Remember Overnite? Do you truly remember Overnite? Do you remember how Holland helped them in that HBO special.....Where did that get them? Conway is ready to rumble if they have to.....I personally don't see this even getting off the ground...Even if the 12th goes well ....It will never fly in Dallas....Houston....Do you think Atlanta will get the votes? Chicago? Why would the Teamsters want to spend millions on lawyers when they could use that money on more productive issues for their current members? Do you think Conway will just roll over and welcome you with open arms?...This is one battle you guys will never will....Remember Overnite?...It would serve the Teamsters to remember Overnite. Conway does!!
We know exactly what to expect from Conway, it's the exact same thing we expect from all the companies the Teamsters organize. It's no different, these companies all use the same play book.
In reality YES it was different, VERY different. And it seems like your trying to convince me that the Teamsters don't have the money to spend on organizing drives like this one. Well WE DO! And so does Conway..
Organizing Conway is going to happen regardless of what your trying to say on these boards. Like it or not we will be organizing some barns, the cities you mention are hundred of miles from where i'm from, and who knows maybe when they see what we are doing here in the west then they just might be jumping on board. Look at whats going on with Fed Ex Freight in Jersey. Now it's catching on like wild fire. Don't blame the Teamsters for disrupting your way of life at Conway, Blame your company for doing this to them selfs !

Go to Wikipedia to refresh your memory....."American Standoff" .........This documentary that HBO ran in 2002 says it all.......Refresh your memory and don't waste the Teamsters time and money....Surely the Teamsters won't make the same mistake twice.....They were humiliated then with total failure and you would think that would be enough.
Just like a whole lotta things changed at Conway, The Teamsters changed and learned from past mistakes. Strategies change, our play books change.
No offense but your sounding a little stressed over this organizing campaign, Might you know something is brewing throughout your company???

Conway thinks that some food, some promises of getting a little more money due to "the minimum wage going up" will sway the attitude and anger that these employees have towards the company, THINK AGAIN!

The problem is you have no leverage......In the Overnite cities in which it got nasty......Memphis.....Atlanta.....Chicago.....Boston......Las Vegas......How do you not think this will be any different?

Just like a whole lotta things changed at Conway, The Teamsters changed and learned from past mistakes. Strategies change, our play books change.
No offense but your sounding a little stressed over this organizing campaign, Might you know something is brewing throughout your company???

Conway thinks that some food, some promises of getting a little more money due to "the minimum wage going up" will sway the attitude and anger that these employees have towards the company, THINK AGAIN!
Just to set the record straight ....I work for Saia.

The problem is you have no leverage......In the Overnite cities in which it got nasty......Memphis.....Atlanta.....Chicago.....Boston......Las Vegas......How do you not think this will be any different?
See thats where your mistaken, we have plenty of leverage with this company. Leverage i won't mention on these boards because i know "suits" are reading these boards .. But believe me there is leverage and if need be we will be using it.

OK......Lets get beyond this for now......Tell me what went wrong in the Overnite campaign.....Why did Hoffa call off the strike?

OK......Lets get beyond this for now......Tell me what went wrong in the Overnite campaign.....Why did Hoffa call off the strike?
I can't personally speak for Hoffa but my opinion was that the support for unionization fell apart. There were too many mistakes by too many different locals. This is why i state that this campaign is different from the overnight campaign. That was a national campaign and this one isn't.

But off to work now, i have Conway people to see ! :wavey: