TForce | Represented Linehaul Driver Clock Procedures

ericjones

TB Lurker
Credits
Here it is guys, learn it, know it, OWN IT!!!

Introduction

Beginning today, we are installing an important procedure change that deals with clocking in and out for non-mileage pay activities. This change enables us to comply with the contract and ensures that you are receiving the correct pay for the work you are doing.

Key Messages

There are three important times when you will have to modify your current time clock procedures. They are: when performing activities that are not a part of mileage pay, when arriving at a facility, and when departing a facility. Each is summarized below, and a full process explanation handout is available to you for review.

o General Work Activities
o When you begin working (after mileage pay activities like pre-trip and dispatch information exchange) you will need to clock in.
o It will be important to ensure that the code you are clocking in under is correct – both for type of work and for department.
o You will also need to swipe your badge and change the department whenever you change work activities.
o At the end of your paid, hourly activities, you must clock out.
o You must also clock out for lunch, then clock back in upon your return to work.

o Arriving at a Facility
o Upon arrival at a facility you will need to post-trip your equipment, report to dispatch and turn in your paperwork. Upon completion of these tasks, you must press “ARRIVE” and swipe your badge.
o You will then have to clock in and, as above, you must select the correct department for the work you are doing, changing as necessary.
o If your run is not ready, and service center management has no work for you to perform, you must change your department to LH-ON PROPERTY using the procedures detailed on the handout.

o Departing from a Facility
o Complete tasks using the correct departments. Upon completion, clock out.
o Select “DISPTCH QUERY” and swipe your badge to see if your run info is available – when it is, select “DEPART” and begin your run.

o Linehaul AVR Changes and Other Notes
o The Linehaul AVR has been modified to not allow the entry of Drop/Hooks, etc, for a driver whose domicile is a represented service center
o Represented drivers performing work at dark service centers or linehaul meet locations must record the following information on their linehaul trip card:
 the activity they perform,
 the start and end times
 other activities such as lunch or drops/hooks
 and Delay Time
o This information must be turned into service center management and be entered before Monday’s payroll entry cutoff time - 8:00 a.m. EST
o Fueling along their route would also be recorded on the trip card in this manner.
o This information must be entered at the end of the drivers work day or trip.

Conclusion

The key messages I just shared with you are a brief overview of the changes that have been put in place. The handout you (have received / will receive) gives a more detailed overview. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Once again, we must begin using these procedures today, so make sure you understand them before you leave.

HANDOUT

REPRESENTED LINEHAUL DRIVER CLOCK PROCEDURES

When you begin working (after pre-trip and dispatch information exchange – part of mileage pay activities), press the CLOCK IN button and swipe badge.
Change department to where you are working using one of the following methods:

A. Pressing the button (DOCK, JOCKEY, etc.), and swipe badge.
B. For departments not listed under the keyboard (i.e. DROPS/HOOKS, BREAKDOWN ON-PROPERTY, LH ON-PROPERTY), use the DEPT CHANGE button, swipe badge, then use the ▼ key to find the department you are working in, then immediately press the ENTER button.
Change departments and swipe badge whenever you change work activities (i.e. drop/hook, dock, etc.)
NOTE: DROP/HOOK is to be used whenever drivers are handling equipment from their run – breaking down/setting up. JOCKEY is used only when asked to help with moves of other equipment by the local service center personnel.

• Before leaving on a linehaul run, or at the end of your shift, you must press the
CLOCK OUT button, then swipe your badge.
• You must CLOCK OUT and swipe your badge at the end of your day before leaving the facility or taking hours.
• Always press CLOCK OUT, then swipe badge when taking lunch. Press CLOCK IN, then swipe badge when returning from lunch to work.

UPON ARRIVAL AT ANY FACILITY:

1. Arrive yourself on the clock – press ARRIVE, then swipe badge.
2. Press the CLOCK IN button and swipe your badge again.
3. Change departments using one of the procedures above, then swipe your badge a third time (i.e. DROP/HOOK to break down your set).
4. If changing departments again to DOCK, etc., use the procedures above to select the correct department and transfer into that work area. Change departments or CLOCK OUT when finished working in that department.

MEAL BREAK

1.Once you have broken your set down (if necessary), to indicate your meal break at this site, simply press CLOCK OUT, then swipe your badge.
2. When ending the meal break, if you begin working in another area, press CLOCK IN and swipe again.
3. Change departments to where you are working using the procedures above.

If your run is not ready, and the service center management has no other work for you to perform (no pre-trip, drops/hooks, dock, etc.), change departments to LH-ON PROPERTY (using the DEPT CHANGE key and procedure B above)

BEFORE DEPARTING ANY FACILITY:

1. If necessary, change departments for any work performing DROPS/HOOKS using department change procedure B above.
2. When finished, press the CLOCK OUT button and swipe your badge.
3. Press DISPTCH QUERY and swipe your badge to see your run, confirm the info if available, then
4. Press DEPART immediately to start your run.

If the lineup information is not yet available, the Edge dispatch event will complete this info once the dispatcher enters this.

after pre-trip and dispatch information exchange – part of mileage pay activities

Section 4. Paid for Time
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork. [/FONT]​

...sooo Houston looks like we have a problem.....

Section 4. Paid for Time
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork. [/FONT]​

Whats the problem? It says all the above mentioned in the contract are mileage paid duties.

No Houston....you have your first greivence if they do not follow the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) as to how you are paid......KK

We have not received this document yet. Needless to say, last nights swipeing was a nightmare. I did not have a clue as to what the heck i was supposed to do.

We have not received this document yet. Needless to say, last nights swipeing was a nightmare. I did not have a clue as to what the heck i was supposed to do.
Well that's easy to understand....crappola....it looks like you'd need a lawyer just to figure all those procedures out.

It's an issue we brought up in our union meeting. We want verifiable daily records of on duty time. Right now you cant even check the clock to see what class your in or if you are on duty or not. You have to ask a manager or clerk and that is B.S.

It's an issue we brought up in our union meeting. We want verifiable daily records of on duty time. Right now you cant even check the clock to see what class your in or if you are on duty or not. You have to ask a manager or clerk and that is B.S.

Yes, I checked mine this morning, Only miles driven was recorded. Any hourly time had not been approved and was not recorded. I expect problems with the hourly pay as we were misinformed as to the swipe procedure. We were told to clock in on everything. I am finding out now that was all wrong.

Yup, was told the managers and Union officiaLs had a conference call bout this. pretrip- postrip, fastlane fixes and even washing your tractor are Mileage paid duties.

Yup, was told the managers and Union officiaLs had a conference call bout this. pretrip- postrip, fastlane fixes and even washing your tractor are Mileage paid duties.
If a wash bay is open I will drive through it....
but you won't catch me hand washing anything unless I am on the clock.
It's bad enough the quick bay is free since most of the time the stuff should have been fixed before it was loaded.

Section 4. Paid for Time

That says rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time

is included in the mileage pay you don't get paid by the hour when performing these duties.

You know, at our meeting they talked about this section and said "Is'nt this what everyone wanted, to get paid for the work they do?" Of course everyone said yes. The way this is worded, we got absolutely nothing. It looks like they were trying to get there in the beginning of the paragraph but fell short when they wrote this; paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties

So the question is, Can we do anything about it or are we screwed for the next 5 years?

how can you be paid mileage rate for pretrip? Wheels ain't turnin', I'm not earning....already been on the phone with the B.A. about it,he said to grab a timecard and document the whole night to compare time actually spent to time paid....greivance will follow

there saying it is included in the mileage rate.

You can't go by what anyone says anyone can tell you anything, what matters is what is written. Like I said before, When poeople read the contract they try too see what they gain, but yo have to look at it from the companies standpoint and you have to see what you could lose.

what matters is what is written.
And what is written should have never left the negotiating table.... or at least the way it is written.

Too vague and open to interpretation.
They still need to convince 3000(well just over 1500, I guess for the 50%+1) employees that it is a good contract.

Although I have heard that the PDF on the teamsters site is different than what was sent out with the DVD... So I could be wrong.