TForce | Represented Linehaul Driver Clock Procedures

and your going to be a steward?

What a joke you are. An absolute joke.:loser:

If people like you are what there is to look forward to by being union then I hope my terminal never signs enough cards.

I don't expect it anytime soon anyway.

I am a steward! And the jokes on you! You and your kind are shrinking in numbers everyday at this company. Your terminal will be union soon enough. When we have our stewards conference, I invite you to come. Just ask around the room for Liebstandarte and I will gladly present myself. Picture your worst nightmare 'company man' I am it! :tongue0002:

This will be seen as stealing time and that is a "cardinal sin" meaning your fired immediately. Union can't help you in that situation. Stealing is stealing.

How can you pre trip a set that is not together yet? As you hook, you pre-trip. Otherwise you will have to break the whole set down for a equipment problem.

I don't move anything without going over it first. Even if it's just from one spot to another in the yard. Accidents can & do happen there. So it might be a long walk from where the tail is hooked to dispatch if I can't do a walk around first. This could be a nightmare just trying to leave the terminal. Come to think of it, I walk around my lead before moving it too. Maybe I can't even hook up anymore? LMAO

This "Thread" is a "Joke!"

Are you freak in kidding me? :duh:

If everyone would just "stop" running around with their tails between their legs and just punch in and walk away... Then there would be "No" problem right?

"Overnight"... I don't want to hear it... It's "Not" Stealing Time!

I don't care what that freak in photo copy say's that has circulated around from terminal to terminal...

If the company does "Not" train "Us" then you know something?

We do it according to the contract!

The contract clearly states:

and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time.

"Stop" making excuses for the company!

The Day's of "I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR READING AND UNDERSTANDING IT" are OVER!

PUNCH-IN AND STAY ON THE CLOCK UNTIL YOU CAN DISPATCH YOURSELF BY SWIPING YOUR BADGE... IF YOU CANNOT DISPATCH YOURSELF (the loads haven't been assigned to your name) REMAIN ON THE CLOCK UNTIL DISPATCH HAS FINISHED ENTRY, THEN WAIT FOR COMPUTER TO PROPEGATE ITSELF, ONCE THAT HAS HAPPENS SWIPE OFF AND OUT!

Article 26

Group Training! NO INDIVIDUAL TRAINING!

We must be trained at each facility we go... Again in a Group Setting!

We cannot be singled out!

And are required to do thing the same!

GROUP UNDERSTANDING

This "Thread" is a "Joke!"

Are you freak in kidding me? :duh:

If everyone would just "stop" running around with their tails between their legs and just punch in and walk away... Then there would be "No" problem right?

"Overnight"... I don't want to hear it... It's "Not" Stealing Time!

I don't care what that freak in photo copy say's that has circulated around from terminal to terminal...

If the company does "Not" train "Us" then you know something?

We do it according to the contract!

The contract clearly states:

and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time.

"Stop" making excuses for the company!

The Day's of "I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR READING AND UNDERSTANDING IT" are OVER!

PUNCH-IN AND STAY ON THE CLOCK UNTIL YOU CAN DISPATCH YOURSELF BY SWIPING YOUR BADGE... IF YOU CANNOT DISPATCH YOURSELF (the loads haven't been assigned to your name) REMAIN ON THE CLOCK UNTIL DISPATCH HAS FINISHED ENTRY, THEN WAIT FOR COMPUTER TO PROPEGATE ITSELF, ONCE THAT HAS HAPPENS SWIPE OFF AND OUT!

Article 26

Group Training! NO INDIVIDUAL TRAINING!

We must be trained at each facility we go... Again in a Group Setting!

We cannot be singled out!

And are required to do thing the same!

GROUP UNDERSTANDING

It is not some rumor going around, I guess you did not get mondays PCM it says road drivers are to report to a supervisor for work instructions it also listed what is included in mileage pay and what isn't. If you didn't get the pcm then you could say you are not aware of the new procedures.

how can you be paid mileage rate for pretrip? Wheels ain't turnin', I'm not earning....already been on the phone with the B.A. about it,he said to grab a timecard and document the whole night to compare time actually spent to time paid....greivance will follow

there giving you a dog and pony show, You are paid for it, it is included in the mileage pay.

This should not be a suprise for your local there are other teamster contracts that also do this, pretrip, postrip and fueling is included in the mileage pay.

After the first two days its clear to me that UPS knew exactly what they were doing with this contract. It was well planned out from their side and they studied every single word. We were so overmatched. :duh:

After the first two days its clear to me that UPS knew exactly what they were doing with this contract. It was well planned out from their side and they studied every single word. We were so overmatched. :duh:

Are You Kidding Me???

"Overmatched"

"NEVER!" :1036316054:

This contract is so "Open-ended"

That the Advantage is all ours!... It’s there for the taken!

If your not capable of applying all phases of this contract to benefit "US"... Then you need to support those around you that can!

I guarantee you that there are people in your barn that would be a little pissed-off by your statement! :furious:

Get a grip!

Grow a set!

That's why we became TEAMSTERS!

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!"

You must be a city driver. Go to a hub at 1 AM and get some opinions.

Nothing like leaving yourself wide open for a ":chairshot:"

Perhaps you should do a little research before assuming anything

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/members/nikdiesel.html

As far as "Opinions" - I'm getting a little sick of opinions!

It's time for everyone to stop making excuses for themselves and for the company!

If you want to expound upon a certain subject matter… feel free to “PM” me

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/private.php?do=newpm&u=10632

Section 4. Paid for Time
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork.

That article is very misleading. Do you realize all the duties following the word "and" are included in mileage pay? The road drivers feel deceived. Most of them were skeptical of the union in the first place. Pre-trip, post-trip, tractor wash, check bay, pre-trip shop time?...Are you kidding me? Its not my truck why should I take care of it and clean it on my time? So I go thru the hot lane for a light not working and sit there for 15 minutes? This is the same stuff we were complaining about in the first place. Yeah we're paid for all our time, just not by the hour. City drivers and dock workers pushed this thru. Not to mention they still steal time from us by making us take a one hour lunch just because our trailers are not ready. Soon they will build lunch into the run time. Road drivers have gained very little. UPS has been doing this a long time and they knew what they were doing. I still like my job and remain optimistic about the future. We just have to get used to it and learn how to play the game.

Section 4. Paid for Time
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork.

That article is very misleading. Do you realize all the duties following the word "and" are included in mileage pay? The road drivers feel deceived. Most of them were skeptical of the union in the first place. Pre-trip, post-trip, tractor wash, check bay, pre-trip shop time?...Are you kidding me? Its not my truck why should I take care of it and clean it on my time? So I go thru the hot lane for a light not working and sit there for 15 minutes? This is the same stuff we were complaining about in the first place. Yeah we're paid for all our time, just not by the hour. City drivers and dock workers pushed this thru. Not to mention they still steal time from us by making us take a one hour lunch just because our trailers are not ready. Soon they will build lunch into the run time. Road drivers have gained very little. UPS has been doing this a long time and they knew what they were doing. I still like my job and remain optimistic about the future. We just have to get used to it and learn how to play the game.

What is the problem here????

We keep saying the same thing over and over throughout this message board...

Just because the company throws out a photo copied piece of paper saying that pretrips, pwk etc. is included in the mileage pay... Doesn't mean it's the truth!

How many people need to confirm this same thing???

All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty.
:duh:

PUNCH IN AND STAY ON THE CLOCK!

for time incidental

"STILL MEANS YOUR GETTING PAID!"

STOP ALLOWING THE COMPANY TO STRONG ARM YOU... PUNCH IN AND WALK AWAY...

THEN PUNCH OUT WHEN YOUR LOADS ARE READY...

UPS has been doing this a long time and they knew what they were doing.

YOUR GIVING UP'S WAY TO MUCH CREDIT!

Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time.

This statement right was just confirmed today by my BA to be misleading. He said the hourly pay was for the hourly stuff and mileage pay is for the mileage period. When they sat down to negotiate the contract they were very aware that we all wanted delay pay and the lawyers who wrote the contract worded this way just to confuse us. He said that if they try to not pay you for ALL hourly pay time then you file a grievance and go from there.

This statement right was just confirmed today by my BA to be misleading. He said the hourly pay was for the hourly stuff and mileage pay is for the mileage period. When they sat down to negotiate the contract they were very aware that we all wanted delay pay and the lawyers who wrote the contract worded this way just to confuse us. He said that if they try to not pay you for ALL hourly pay time then you file a grievance and go from there.

:duh::duh::duh::duh:

Here we go again...

Mileage Pay = When You are Actually Driving the Truck from Point "A" to Point "B"

Everything Else = Hourly Compensation

The only ones that are confused are those that are not willing to understand this simple explanation... And accept it for what it is!

You know something...

The following two statements "suck"...

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters and UPS are "Not" Fools!

"BA's" don't make statements like this!

And if they did... How confident in their abilities of representing you and your terminal would you be?

As far as what part the "Lawyers" who wrote the language are responsible...

Their "Not!"...

UPS and the IBT signed off on this contract "As Is"...

"Are you saying that both UPS and the IBT were confused in their interpretations of what was written?"

Do us all a favor...

Anyone preparing to make statements like this... Keep it to yourself!

There are enough people struggling hard enough trying to absorb and understand this contract all the while asking legitimate questions and seeking factual information!

This statement right was just confirmed today by my BA to be misleading.

When they sat down to negotiate the contract they were very aware that we all wanted delay pay and the lawyers who wrote the contract worded this way just to confuse us.