TForce | Represented Linehaul Driver Clock Procedures

...now that I`ve slept on the issue...and yes the &hit made me wake and ponder the stupidity of the issue..I STILL SAY IT`S ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS THAT THERE ARE STILL DUTIES I MUST PERFORM AND LOG..GUY`S THATS RIGHT YOU ARE ON-DUTY NOT DRIVING.......and this is paid for when the wheels start turning...absolutly unreal...no I disagree...

All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer.

...now that I`ve slept on the issue...and yes the &hit made me wake and ponder the stupidity of the issue..I STILL SAY IT`S ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS THAT THERE ARE STILL DUTIES I MUST PERFORM AND LOG..GUY`S THATS RIGHT YOU ARE ON-DUTY NOT DRIVING.......and this is paid for when the wheels start turning...absolutly unreal...no I disagree...

..another issue..placarding..I have hunted and spent quite abit of time wasted on placarding...so are we saying this too is to be OFF the CLOCK...
...A INQUIRING MIND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW...!

Very good point O. This was stated plain as day and yet 89% of 9600 employees voted it in and they still want to b...ch.

The majority of the company is NOT road drivers. They are city drivers and dock workers. Do you think that they were concerned with this article?

I am sure you'd prefer to lick your managers @sshole!:butt kiss: Don't forget to give him a rusty trombone next time you see him finish in the bathroom.:tongue0002:
Are you admitting that your a happy seat licker A$$ Hole?

You can't (with a straight face) be happy with this contract unless you are who I described in the post you replied to.

As far as me licking my managers bum.... I don't think so.

I was for this whole teamster thing....
until I saw what garbage this contract is... and of course the mentality of the men that are behind it.:chairshot:

When your done under your managers desk, then we can talk. Remember to wipe all you couldn't swallow,:tongue0002: off your face!
and your going to be a steward?

What a joke you are. An absolute joke.:loser:

If people like you are what there is to look forward to by being union then I hope my terminal never signs enough cards.

I don't expect it anytime soon anyway.

This contract could say you have to lick the toilet seat upon arriving at each terminal and prior to being dispatched and some of these guys would be happy to do it because they can say they are teamsters.
So liebstandarte more or less admitted that this post fit him to a tee when he gave me a red and his comment was:

"04-08-2008 11:13 PM liebstandarte blow me"

I guess when the shoe fits all you can do it wear it :hysterical::hysterical:

Not all work is done on the clock. We are told we have to pre-trip our tractor before we punch in. The pre-trip is on us. What happened to all work is on the clock.

I don't even look or get the truck till I get my hooks. Pre-trip of truck can be done while you hook-up.

Pretrip and posttrip are easy fixes, I do mine when I'm hooking or unhooking, If the washbay is open I'll drive right threw it. as far as fastlane goes, if I have 1 marker light out,F-it just right it up and green tag it, Tire and air line fixes may byte but we never got paid for this anyway. If you were a FAST hookup guy you might just slow down, remember, they Were paying you 15 min. to hook a set. I know alot of guys who did this in only 7 min.throw your pretrip in it and it will ballance out.

This will be seen as stealing time and that is a "cardinal sin" meaning your fired immediately. Union can't help you in that situation. Stealing is stealing.

I agree.. Hell No.
This is not a one sided contract that UPS is trying to force on us.
pre-trip,fuel,tire checks,chaining,breaks,etc are work time to be paid at an hourly rate.

Art. 29 -- Maintenance of Standards -
has language that is suppose to protect our existing practices at the time of this agreement.
All that was paid hourly before, and should be that way now. :1036316054:

Good Grunt, what a mess this has started out to be. Hopefully "existing practices" will be clarified in the Supplements. Does appear as though drops and hooks are indeed included in mileage since they just don't show up. Also "looks" like they are docking 1/2 hour for lunch. Won't know till we get next weeks paycheck. Guess all we can do at this point is keep really good records and get a bigger bottle of what ever your favorite pain reliever is!