TForce | Represented Linehaul Driver Clock Procedures

Section 4. Paid for Time
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork. [/FONT]​

...sooo Houston looks like we have a problem.....

First of all this language is confusing and we got hosed if we're supposed to pre trip on our own time. Secondly the procedures say to clock in after performing pretrip. How are we supposed to pre trip a complete set properly when we havent put it together yet and we havent been given our paperwork so we dont even know what trailers or dolly we would be using? In some situations you may not even know what tractor you are assigned yet. So do we pretrip after clocking out and before dispatching? That would make us late at our arrival if we were running a schedule.

I think I see whats going on here. In order to do a complete DOT inspection a guy could argue that it would take 30-45 minutes to do properly and they dont want to pay it. They cant legally "look the other way" if drivers are drivers are doing a paid "10 minute walk around of the truck" because that would indicate the company is aware its not being done properly so instead they say its part of mileage pay and the responsibility falls on the driver. Even though they still look the other way because they know nobody takes that long to do it. What do you think? How is this handled at Yellow/Roadway etc?

Yup, was told the managers and Union officiaLs had a conference call bout this. pretrip- postrip, fastlane fixes and even washing your tractor are Mileage paid duties.

From what we were told yesterday, Chaining up is also included in mileage. A fact I was thinking about while I was getting slush dripped on me while I chained up.

So you are going to let ups interpret the contract ? You are still thinking the overbite way !

Byte yourself, I think the MC way, which was pay for work, and no I'm not letting the company define it for me, but I'm not gonna fly off the handle and tell them off either. Our BA said he was going to look into it and get us clarification. Until then I just keep a log of all work.

chaining is work time you will be paid....file a grievance get started on making the contract clear...good luck

The contract is clear. The word AND is a powerful word and my supervisor who attended the training classes said that this part of the contract was stressed and to ensure it was complied with. All those items, pretrip,chaining,wash, etc.. are part of mileage pay and that UPS said that they would be saving alot more money this way instead of paying the click system. Like it has been said before, UPS created the contract and the teamsters listened to the captain and went along with it. We are stuck with this for at least the next 5 years so get used to it. It's plain as day in the contract. We have been screwed (like I have mentioned in many other posts and everyone calls me a b-llsh-tter especially when I advised of this prior to the contract being ratified). All we can do is wait it out.

The contract is clear. The word AND is a powerful word and my supervisor who attended the training classes said that this part of the contract was stressed and to ensure it was complied with. All those items, pretrip,chaining,wash, etc.. are part of mileage pay and that UPS said that they would be saving alot more money this way instead of paying the click system. Like it has been said before, UPS created the contract and the teamsters listened to the captain and went along with it. We are stuck with this for at least the next 5 years so get used to it. It's plain as day in the contract. We have been screwed (like I have mentioned in many other posts and everyone calls me a b-llsh-tter especially when I advised of this prior to the contract being ratified). All we can do is wait it out.
This contract could say you have to lick the toilet seat upon arriving at each terminal and prior to being dispatched and some of these guys would be happy to do it because they can say they are teamsters.

Pretrip and posttrip are easy fixes, I do mine when I'm hooking or unhooking, If the washbay is open I'll drive right threw it. as far as fastlane goes, if I have 1 marker light out,F-it just right it up and green tag it, Tire and air line fixes may byte but we never got paid for this anyway. If you were a FAST hookup guy you might just slow down, remember, they Were paying you 15 min. to hook a set. I know alot of guys who did this in only 7 min.throw your pretrip in it and it will ballance out.

No Houston....you have your first grievance if they do not follow the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) as to how you are paid......KK

..KK they called RIC because I showed them were IMHHO they were misreading that sentence but was told I was misreading it...so now what..:cuss:

..KK they called RIC because I showed them were IMHHO they were misreading that sentence but was told I was misreading it...so now what..:cuss:

Your gonna have to wait for 5 years. Then we can renegotiate. We ratified it and it is now a done deal. Thats why it was rushed, so we would not comprehend everything right away.:hide::hide:

Your gonna have to wait for 5 years. Then we can renegotiate. We ratified it and it is now a done deal. Thats why it was rushed, so we would not comprehend everything right away.:hide::hide:

Section 4.

Paid for Time​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork.

..damn it that article while compound is not that hard to decipher....guess we are going to have to get the lawers involved RIC has already told me that all this was part of mileage...NO BUT HELL NO...........​
[/FONT]

Section 4.

Paid for Time​
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and for time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited to, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork.

..damn it that article while compound is not that hard to decipher....guess we are going to have to get the lawers involved RIC has already told me that all this was part of mileage...NO BUT HELL NO...........​
[/FONT]

This was brought up to the BA today, he advised that they are correct and that all of the above items are included in mileage pay and that there is not much that can be done. The contract has been ratified and this is something that we can "jot down" for a future contract. Doesn't look like we'll get any help from the teamsters on this either.
:hide: Did I vote for this??? :hide:

This was brought up to the BA today, he advised that they are correct and that all of the above items are included in mileage pay and that there is not much that can be done.

"Mileage Pay"...maybe we need to drive around the yard 116 times before leaving or when we arrive to compensate for this "oversight" we need to jot down. I hope I remeber where I put this little sticky note in 5 years.:hysterical:

man what a mess you guys have made it was so much easier with the click system you will now find that getting paid for all you do is actually less than you were making, good job in not reading and comprehending the contract before getting it ratified as for getting me to accept this joke good luck not going to happen!

This contract could say you have to lick the toilet seat upon arriving at each terminal and prior to being dispatched and some of these guys would be happy to do it because they can say they are teamsters.

I am sure you'd prefer to lick your managers @sshole!:butt kiss: Don't forget to give him a rusty trombone next time you see him finish in the bathroom.:tongue0002:

Section 4.

Paid for Time​

[/FONT]

I agree.. Hell No.
This is not a one sided contract that UPS is trying to force on us.
pre-trip,fuel,tire checks,chaining,breaks,etc are work time to be paid at an hourly rate.

Art. 29 -- Maintenance of Standards -
has language that is suppose to protect our existing practices at the time of this agreement.
All that was paid hourly before, and should be that way now. :1036316054:

That says rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, AVR arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, reefer checks and pre-trip shop time

is included in the mileage pay you don't get paid by the hour when performing these duties.

Very good point O. This was stated plain as day and yet 89% of 9600 employees voted it in and they still want to b...ch.

how can you be paid mileage rate for pretrip? Wheels ain't turnin', I'm not earning....already been on the phone with the B.A. about it,he said to grab a timecard and document the whole night to compare time actually spent to time paid....greivance will follow

How can you grieve something that you said yes to? Good luck anyway.

Seriously, Good luck.

No, I mean it, Good luck