Yellow | Road Drivers Performing Hostlers Work @326

you are correct on the company agreeing to these rules. But there is no way for us to compete, and stay in business using many outdated procedures. When it causes freight, or drivers to sit, it costs us customers and money.
Quit buying into that company talk.Combined yrc has been in business for over 100 plus years.Top executives are receiving healthy compensations.That's a sign of a healthy company

Quit buying into that company talk.Combined yrc has been in business for over 100 plus years.Top executives are receiving healthy compensations.That's a sign of a healthy company

I guess using your logic any patient going to a well compensated doctor is obviously healthy, right?

Ok, I will post this again....straight from the contract.

When an employee refuses a direct work order by a supervisor, not in violation of the law or this contract, he/she will be given a writ- ten warning for his/her refusal, stating that he/she has a ten (10) minute cooling off period to reconsider his/her refusal (such as call- ing a job steward or Business Agent for counsel) and that continued failure to perform the work may result in his/her complete loss of seniority.

Yesterday at 8:24 PM

OK, I'll ask this again, please tell me which area contract/supplement (and which Section/Article) has that particular wording since I don't find it in my area agreement (NJ-NY). Obviously supplemental agreements vary in their wording/conditions. Thanks in advance.

OK, I'll ask this again, please tell me which area contract/supplement (and which Section/Article) has that particular wording since I don't find it in my area agreement (NJ-NY). Obviously supplemental agreements vary in their wording/conditions. Thanks in advance.
This is under article 42 (seniority) in the southern conference. It was also in the Eastern Region when I worked there but I would have to look that up again since I don't have that contract anymore....

That's what the bakers union thought about Hostess! Please elaborate on your thought process. Because I'm sure there must be other factors involved besides executive compensation, that determine the financial health of a corporation.

This is under article 42 (seniority) in the southern conference. It was also in the Eastern Region when I worked there but I would have to look that up again since I don't have that contract anymore....

The Eastern Region covers a number of area supplements and the particular wording we're discussing here does not appear in either Article 44 - Seniority or Article 47 - Discharge or Suspension of the NJ/NY General and Over-the Road Supplement. So it looks like that particular wording only applies in certain areas. Makes me feel sorry for you Southern Region guys. :hide:

That's what the bakers union thought about Hostess! Please elaborate on your thought process. Because I'm sure there must be other factors involved besides executive compensation, that determine the financial health of a corporation.
We ain't talking cookies and cakes..just reality.Hostess and this situation are two different situations

I am not listening,nor buying into anything. This whole thing about the word everyone hates,change,I have seen for the last 25 years as the nons grow, and we shrink. If people here would at least try,to perform their individual jobs to the best of their ability, we possibly may have a chance.

I am not listening,nor buying into anything. This whole thing about the word everyone hates,change,I have seen for the last 25 years as the nons grow, and we shrink. If people here would at least try,to perform their individual jobs to the best of their ability, we possibly may have a chance.

Think of what you're suggesting, self-accountability? Incredible!

We ain't talking cookies and cakes..just reality.Hostess and this situation are two different situations
You very adroitly evaded the question. And by your thought process, if senior executives are receiving large compensation packages. Then that corporation is financially sound and stable. Please elaborate on how Hostess and YRCW are different. The Confectionary Union rejected concessionary agreements, while the Teamsters accepted, and Hostess filed bankruptcy and LIQUIDATED. We accepted several concessionary contract modifications, and YRCW remains as an employer of over 20,000 Teamsters.
So once again, what does executive compensation have to do with financial stability??????? :duh::popcorn:

The Eastern Region covers a number of area supplements and the particular wording we're discussing here does not appear in either Article 44 - Seniority or Article 47 - Discharge or Suspension of the NJ/NY General and Over-the Road Supplement. So it looks like that particular wording only applies in certain areas. Makes me feel sorry for you Southern Region guys. :hide:
I was in the Maryland/D.C. supplement. I forgot to add that before I hit post....

The Eastern Region covers a number of area supplements and the particular wording we're discussing here does not appear in either Article 44 - Seniority or Article 47 - Discharge or Suspension of the NJ/NY General and Over-the Road Supplement. So it looks like that particular wording only applies in certain areas. Makes me feel sorry for you Southern Region guys.

Why would you feel sorry for us? There is no reason to refuse a legitimate work order.

why would you feel sorry for us? There is no reason to refuse a legitimate contractual work order. Unless I'm missing something here?

why would you feel sorry for us? There is no reason to refuse a legitimate contractual work order. Unless I'm missing something here?

Take off your "take everything too serious" cap, I'm just teasing. Didn't you notice the "hide" smilie at the end of my post?

"Proven gross subordination" is one of the actions stipulated which can result in immediate dismissal. I think they mean to say "Proven gross insubordination". As I've pointed out earlier, that specific wording or "refusing a work assignment" does not appear in the NJ/NY Supplement so I would assume it's not universal. Thanks for the reference though.

On a serious note, you never know when a situation might arise when you do refuse a work assignment. By having that particular wording in your contract you may be subject to harsher discipline than if you were in an area where the wording does not appear and your discharge can be contested. Just saying.