TForce | Road Drivers......

Just a quick update: I was contacted by the operations manager today and he said that the drug screen and background check have come back all that he needs at this point is a copy of my long form physical and a road test; which we have tenatively scheduled for this coming Wednesday.

I am certain that this is the best decision that I can make regarding a career change. Yes, it is true that I am leaving a great company that has a great deal to offer, however, I firmly believe that UPS is an even greater company with an even more promising future. I have been driving for 8 years with my CDL , and I have always made safe driving the main focus of my daily job so that I could build a resume that was worthy of employment with a top teir company. And at this point, I am almost certain that UPS will be the company that I will retire with.

Again, thank you all so much for your support and input with regards to this process. Without it, I may have passed on what would have been one of the best opportunities I would have ever come across. I'll keep you all posted!!!!:1036316054:

Just a quick update: I was contacted by the operations manager today and he said that the drug screen and background check have come back all that he needs at this point is a copy of my long form physical and a road test; which we have tenatively scheduled for this coming Wednesday.

I am certain that this is the best decision that I can make regarding a career change. Yes, it is true that I am leaving a great company that has a great deal to offer, however, I firmly believe that UPS is an even greater company with an even more promising future. I have been driving for 8 years with my CDL , and I have always made safe driving the main focus of my daily job so that I could build a resume that was worthy of employment with a top teir company. And at this point, I am almost certain that UPS will be the company that I will retire with.

Again, thank you all so much for your support and input with regards to this process. Without it, I may have passed on what would have been one of the best opportunities I would have ever come across. I'll keep you all posted!!!!:1036316054:

Not to sound negative on your decision, but in my opinion working for the flagship and wearing all brown....instead of brown and some off shade of gray...would be my choice of the best opportunity.

Oh well, maybe once the horses are here it will be a top notch outfit....or at least second to brown.

Not to sound negative on your decision, but in my opinion working for the flagship and wearing all brown....instead of brown and some off shade of gray...would be my choice of the best opportunity.

Oh well, maybe once the horses are here it will be a top notch outfit....or at least second to brown.

:hysterical: :hysterical: Sorry Glad, but" top notch" is a little funny come on, I do not think Penacillian will get us too (TOP NOTCH).

Sorry no offence, just funny.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

i kinda like our uniforms :hysterical: shows all the grease real well:chairshot: But we do stand out:funky: Had alot of compliments :hide:

Plus you got that little card that backs you up a little.....

Just in case any of you are wondering:

I go in tomorrow at 6:00am for my road test. So, at this point the position in most likely in the bag. Yes, I am still slightly terrified to make the jump and to start all over again. But, I figure that, even if it all backfires on me, I will at least have moved on from my current job which has slowly worn me down as a person.

So, I guess that in the case of my dilema the moral is: its not always about dollars and cents, but rather your overall quality of life. I'm slowly begining to realize that happiness means a great deal more than a paycheck................

I go in tomorrow at 6:00am for my road test. So, at this point the position in most likely in the bag. Yes, I am still slightly terrified to make the jump and to start all over again. But, I figure that, even if it all backfires on me, I will at least have moved on from my current job which has slowly worn me down as a person.

So, I guess that in the case of my dilema the moral is: its not always about dollars and cents, but rather your overall quality of life. I'm slowly begining to realize that happiness means a great deal more than a paycheck................

Hope it all comes together for you ollie, and good luck....:1036316054:

We are all one big happy family here at UPSF.:hysterical: :biglaugh: :hide:

Took road test this past Friday, pulled triples in town, no problems. Ops manager submitted my packet for the background check(which I figured had already been completed), and said that he would be calling me sometime this week.

On a side note: apparently the terminal in town is swamped with freight. Talked to a city driver and he said that the salesperson on his route is adding several new accounts every week.

Your laws for triples must be different. Around here they are only allowed on the toll road and there are pads at the exits to build and break sets. The driver also has to be certified and approved by their company along with a certain amount (2-5yrs?) of longevity I think. Doubles in the city are OK. Congrats, wont be long now!

Your laws for triples must be different. Around here they are only allowed on the toll road and there are pads at the exits to build and break sets. The driver also has to be certified and approved by their company along with a certain amount (2-5yrs?) of longevity I think. Doubles in the city are OK. Congrats, wont be long now!

This is the west son.....we pull triples everywhere....In Nevada you can pull 'em on any hi-way....Arizona, California and New Mexico don't have the sense of adventure that the rest do....

Well, at the company that I am with right now, it is not uncommon to have three to six deliveries with a set of triples. For example, a common run is Salem penitentiary, United Grocers Salem, Roseburg bin, Grants pass bin, and Medford. All of these deliveries are made on the first day with a manual unload- handstack or handtruck/rampboard, with 3000to 3500 cases. The layover run that I just got back from today was Bend bin, Klamath County Tobacco, Klamath Falls United Grocers and Klamath Falls bin. Day one on this layover was 18hrs(I made it to my last stop with 3 minutes to spare on my 14, finished my unload and slept in the truck).

I don't mind pulling triples, but when you work for a company that figures its normal to pull a set through downtown areas and to have multiple stops, it gets to be a headache(not to mention the potential for error). It would be nice to be able to pull triples for a company that uses them in a way that they are inteded for.