Yellow | Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against YRC Worldwide Inc.

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP ("Robbins Geller") (Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP |) today announced that a class action has been commenced in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas on behalf of purchasers of YRC Worldwide Inc. ("YRC" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: YRCW | PowerRating) securities between April 24, 2008 and November 2, 2009, inclusive (the "Class Period"), seeking to pursue remedies under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act")...........

.................The complaint alleges that, throughout the Class Period, defendants failed to disclose material adverse facts about the Company's true financial condition, business and prospects. Specifically, the complaint alleges that defendants' statements were materially false and misleading because they misrepresented and overstated the financial condition of the Company and had the intended effect of causing YRC shares to trade at artificially inflated levels throughout the Class Period -- reaching a Class Period high of over $20 per share during August 2008...............

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against YRC Worldwide Inc. | TradingMarkets.com

I have no idea about this law firm but below is just there " NEW " lawsuits filed . And these are only under there one section called Securities Cases .

New Securities Cases

Company Name Stock Symbol Days Left to Seek Lead Plaintiff
1 American Apparel, Inc. AMEX:APP pending

2 Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. NASDAQ:ARNA pending

3 Bank of America Corporation NYSE:BAC 55

4 Bucyrus International, Inc. NASDAQ:BUCY 13

5 Capella Education Company NASDAQ:CPLA pending

6 China MediaExpress Holdings, Inc. NASDAQ:CCME 57

7 FalconStor Software, Inc. NASDAQ:FALC pending

8 Genoptix, Inc. NASDAQ:GXDX pending

9 Lender Processing Services, Inc. NYSE:LPS pending

10 MannKind Corporation NASDAQ:MNKD 53

11 Potash Corporation NYSE:POT pending

12 RINO International Corporation NASDAQ:RINO pending

13 SolarWinds, Inc. NYSE:SWI pending

14 Tekelec NASDAQ:TKLC 28

15 The Talbots, Inc NYSE:TLB 56

16 The Washington Post Company NYSE:WPO pending

17 Tongxin International Ltd. NASDAQ:TXIC 25

18 Wilmington Trust Corporation NYSE:WL pending

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP | Securities Class Actions | Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuits | Current Cases

Its about time that someone calls Billyboy out on all of his lies! Im sure someday it will leak out that all of the concession votes were rigged.

Its about time that someone calls Billyboy out on all of his lies! Im sure someday it will leak out that all of the concession votes were rigged.

While I do agree with you on the first part.....that second part is bullshit....as the votes were not rigged.....KK

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP ("Robbins Geller") (Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP |) today announced that a class action has been commenced in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas on behalf of purchasers of YRC Worldwide Inc. ("YRC" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: YRCW | PowerRating) securities between April 24, 2008 and November 2, 2009, inclusive (the "Class Period"), seeking to pursue remedies under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act")...........

.................The complaint alleges that, throughout the Class Period, defendants failed to disclose material adverse facts about the Company's true financial condition, business and prospects. Specifically, the complaint alleges that defendants' statements were materially false and misleading because they misrepresented and overstated the financial condition of the Company and had the intended effect of causing YRC shares to trade at artificially inflated levels throughout the Class Period -- reaching a Class Period high of over $20 per share during August 2008...............

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against YRC Worldwide Inc. | TradingMarkets.com

Oh say it ain`t so Billy and his cronies cooking the books!! Have no fear Madoff has room for more!

.....that second part is bullshit....as the votes were not rigged.....KK
What's funny is almost everyone at our barn says they voted "no" on the last reaming, yet the local says we voted overwhelmingly "yes" ???

I think we should file our own class-action suit against the union for misrepresentation!!!

Oh say it ain`t so Billy and his cronies cooking the books!!
Well these "BOOKS" as you say where also opened to the Union to go over to see if they where in true financial troubles. When did that first vote go out December 08? So the union must have reviewed them before YRCW asked them for a vote? We then took our first concession In January 09? We then Voted again on a second concession in what June of 09? So in order for the Union to see that they where in financial trouble they had to look at the books yet again. Did the company lay these books out to the union, but not to these investment firms that purchase shares of YRCW? One of two things happened, the union lied to us by saying they looked at the books, or YRCW lied to investors?

What's funny is almost everyone at our barn says they voted "no" on the last reaming, yet the local says we voted overwhelmingly "yes" ???

I think we should file our own class-action suit against the union for misrepresentation!!!

I voted no on all of the ballots, unfortunately a lot of guys who say they are voting no on the job really vote yes when alone filling out a ballot. As much as I distrust the current gang at the IBT rigging these votes probably didn't happen.

lawsuit

I don't think that YRCW stock has looked like a buy for the entire period they are referring to. Anyone who bought the stock was speculating. If they now want there money back, I say boo hoo. The stock market is pretty much the same as gambling, especially when you buy the stock of a company that is losing money.

I made money during that time period off of YRCW stock. I wonder if I stand to benefit at all from the lawsuit. I bet against it heavily. I was lovin' Zollars during that time.

Just a question

Well these "BOOKS" as you say where also opened to the Union to go over to see if they where in true financial troubles. When did that first vote go out December 08? So the union must have reviewed them before YRCW asked them for a vote? We then took our first concession In January 09? We then Voted again on a second concession in what June of 09? So in order for the Union to see that they where in financial trouble they had to look at the books yet again. Did the company lay these books out to the union, but not to these investment firms that purchase shares of YRCW? One of two things happened, the union lied to us by saying they looked at the books, or YRCW lied to investors?

I don't know the answer but I have to wonder, did the Union and the company both negotiate the contract for 2008 in good faith? I than have to ask could maybe both have negotiated in bad faith and somehow been involved in a conspiracy? If so for what purpose?

Why did it take two years to get a contract book?
Why did the company come to the Union asking for a first concession so soon after negotiating the contract and it having been voted on?
Remember being told for the first round of a 10% concession vote that this would be enough to survive and thrive. What happened?
Than that wasn't enough. The second time it was the pension and another 5%. This time, the Union was the one saying that the company needed more. What happened?
The third round of concessions appear to have been nothing more than the company checking to see if we liked a good kick in the balls. Just what did 50% losing a weeks vacation really accomplish.

I don't know the answers to any of these questions. But I see people who work for this company waiting to be called to work. Not being called unless the company has work for them to perform. Not being paid unless they are called and do perform the work, and than so many think that these same good hard working people are somehow to blame for the company having financial problems. Well what happened. Is there blame, and if so was it criminal?
A boondogle that counts into the billions of dollars, and not being investigated. What happened?
Thousands of people at risk of losing pensions, and it not being investigated. What happened.

The previous were just questions and in no way meant as an accusation. They should be answered by someone if for no other reason than so many teamsters families lives are now on hold while this plays out.