Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

Another rumor being spread about YRC closing 27 more terminals is Happy horse S...T!
This article is the Rueter wire service releasing garbage again, these were the ones they close this last Febuary and they are claiming they are more closing coming, appears they must be representing the non union companys

Another rumor being spread about YRC closing 27 more terminals is Happy horse S...T!
This article is the Rueter wire service releasing garbage again, these were the ones they close this last Febuary and they are claiming they are more closing coming, appears they must be representing the non union companys

Reuters printed a retraction dealing with this already. They then posted an updated article stating that it was only Yellow and Roadway, admitting their mistake. If Reuters did anything they only showed how unreliable their news service is.

i heard holland motor freight will be closing 21 terminals with a job loss of 1100 people this year. I wanna hope its not true but i heard it from a high up union official. I couldnt get which ones out of him. Best of luck 2 all.

Moved here to the rumor pile.

i heard holland motor freight will be closing 21 terminals with a job loss of 1100 people this year.

These terminals were the ones they closed down south earlier this year, in February to be exact. Dugan was closed and a few Holland terminals. If you were to reread the article you will see that. This is old news. This article was trying to show where some of the savings were being created.

I was thinking the exact same thing Stimpy.

It was 21 Reddaway and 6 Holland terminals, last year, for a total of 1100 people, if I remember the numbers correctly. Its just to close to the same thing, especially after the Reuters misprint about USF last week. We'll get to the bottom of it, one way or another.

Deerslayer, I was told early this AM that this article was posted at your terminal. Driver seen it about 2:00 am Hope you pulled it down:1036316054:

Nice post Stimpy and the link does work just fine.

I talked to someone that would know and that person told me that we are correct. Its (the rumor) about what already happened last year and is nothing new, that they know of. It was probably a mistake (rumor) caused from the misprint by Reuters last week.

FALSE ALARM PEOPLE

Memo of Understanding was accepted. UE gone after next week. This is what the company wanted in the beginning anyway. Don't hold me to this but thats what was said to me.

You may be right...however Holland is the money cow for yellow...our costs before Yellow tacks on their purchases are 1 day...85%...2 day...96%...3 day...107%. we are being used as the tax right off for yrc due to their terrible credit[this is what usf did with dugan] yellow is most of the 3 day and we and roadway are about the only profit yrc is making...they say they are losing money...but instead of making 9 million a week...the figure is about 7.8 million per week...yrc will only make 9.69 billion this year...after laying off about 20% of the workforce...they can not afford to sell us...unless they completely screw up the overnite freight which they have nearly done with the utility crap

we are going back to road drivers that unload and reload on anyones dock... day or night...the utility is a goner...but no barn is guaranteed to keep the road work they already have...Hoffa sold us further down the river...oh...we also lost the added dollar per hour as well

Fact...3rd quarter yrc made over 90 million....after write offs of about 40 million they were left with approx 50 million in cash...on yrc's website

For anyone who might see this thread before it disappears:

Heard it, been there, done that.
Since I have been at holland I have heard this many times.
There have been about 20 "closing by" dates in the last two years alone.
Exactly what "Grapevine" did you get this off of?
Ya got no facts ya got no thread.

See ya

I heard they were putting it in print for everybody to read. It should be out sometime next week? I hope it doesn't take as long as the contract books have taken.
Ha! I just figured that they haven't got the books out yet because even they don't know what we voted on.