Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

Good point Boilerpeddle the only rumor worth anything is the ones you can find in writting.
Hear-say is worthless,anybody can start anything,but unless its documented in written form,and can be produced,its a total lie coming from the one starting the rumor.

I have talked to my ba yesterday he said Holland is looking to get back to their normal opperatoin ways this amendmunt was unnessisary but yrc didint understand the flxablity of ore sweethart deal thru the Hoffa disbach made in 1954.now we will have it in wrighting with new langage.

from a fellow teamster who is struggling without a contract at ohfl. I hope you guys at reddeway can survive with all this stuff going on at yrc. As teamstes we need to stick together and stand strong. I know there isn't a lot you can do when the company cloes the doors but hopefully yrc won't send you down the road.

a freight haulers dream bought up by ups. they have the money but they dont need the baggage that comes with it. what would they really have to gain?

I wish people would keep to them self on what is going to happen instead of posting this so every carrier has a chance to pick up and start another rumor! Every time this starts we loose 10% freight system wide, wake up rumor makers! These are only rumors! It appears that some people aren't happy unless they can stir the pot!. Its your company, where you make money to put food on your table, correct?

Ok here is a good rumor:
We are going to rebid the city yet again in a couple of weeks. Supposedly because of this coo that no-one seems to know the details of. Since Mr L has been around we haven't made it through one bid without him at least wanting to rebid and most of the time we have rebid. Never has it helped. All it does is cause people to be displaced from their preferred position even farther and of course that causes chaos and discontent.

Ok here is a good rumor:
We are going to rebid the city yet again in a couple of weeks. Supposedly because of this coo that no-one seems to know the details of. Since Mr L has been around we haven't made it through one bid without him at least wanting to rebid and most of the time we have rebid. Never has it helped. All it does is cause people to be displaced from their preferred position even farther and of course that causes chaos and discontent.

Its no rumor BP. We're doing the same thing in Louisville. Hanging all next week, then bid the next week and start the week after that.

Rebid is nothing new to us in Me. We rebid at least 2-3 times between bid time. It usually doesn't effect me, but I see the hardship it has on many men trying to manage their families. As a matter of fact I gave up the job switcher(8:00-4:30) to a man below me. He is a single father, trying to manage daycare. Deerslayer don't let these ignorant trolls(rumor starters) bother ya. Remember the thread, RUMOR THREAD. GRIZZ

Ok here is a good rumor:
Up here, we were successful stopping this extra bidding. We used to, occasionally, rebid three to four times in a six month span. It changed drivers personal life, daycare, etc. etc. Every time the TMs numbers went bad, he would rebid. We got tired of it and filed a grievance on excessive bidding. It is in our contract that we are to bid no more than once in a six month period. We filed on it, it went to the state panel, OR maybe as far as the J.A.C. We won the grievance! Now they can not rebid every time they feel like it. The rule up here now is that he can only ADJUST start times, two times in a six month span. Adjust, means that he can move the times one hour in either direction. But, not rebid. Every time he adjusts even one start time, one hour, that counts as one change for the six month period.:1036316054:

Good info Flash. I'll bring this to our Ba's attention. Your TM wouldn't happen to be a Yellow or Roadway X? Ours is in ME. I don't think they get the next day plan depends on having men to service the frt. Service, why can't they get it? GRIZZ

I work at UPGF, Ups Freight , personaly I would be ashamed Woodnnn if I were you. You better hope and pray for everyones sake that YRC does not go under. What kind of person gets pleasure out of seeing someone lose their job. If it were up to me I would hire all of them and fire your ***. Please don't associate all of us with this idiot. Most of us are proud to be teamsters and we wish all of you the best.

Yellow would never sell Holland ,especially to a competor like ABF we would be too much of a threat to them,they would close us down first ,just like they did Preston

I heard if we take a cut in pay that Conway and a few other companys are going to be making more money than we are? I guess its time to swallow my pride and just be happy I am working for a union company.You know what I think? Im still proud to be union,But I take my hat off to them for doing so well in these tuff times.

The guys that were maxed out have made more than us already at Conway. When you consider all of the extras that they must pay for or the extras that we don't have to pay for, we still made more overall. They just had a round of cutbacks themselves to help them survive this economy. It stinks all over right now. I wish everyone luck in keeping their company going through this mess we're all going through right now. There are more cuts coming for other freight companies, before Christmas, I'm sorry to hear about. Maybe things will pick back up, some day?