TForce | Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

Here at RFL we are in the initial stages of organizing. We have had our first meeting at the local and had a pretty good turnout. The problem is now guys are listening to rumors of unhappy campers at some of the terminals that have signed cards. This is causing some of our pro union guys to have second thoughts. Have any of you guys heard these rumors and if so what do you know. Any info would be helpful.

sysco,
The best way to fight rumours is with fact. Go to your local w/any questions that have been raised, then go back to the questioners with facts. Always attempt to talk to folks in
small groups rather than large, that way you can address the questions one on one and quietly. Remember this A lie will circle the earth before the truth can take a single step! Good luck in your efforts:smilie_132:
Sorry I meant sysco not syco!!!!!!!!

there is somthing going on down here in florida, bid process frozen 20-30 year men having there run cut and having to go to the extraboard new rules in place, All this started the day Orlando finished signing there cards. This is fact not rumor.

Sounds like the ghost of Chuck is still running ORO...
trying some sneaky moves.

:1036316054:Thanks for all the good advice. Rocketman I couldnt agree with you more, that is what the hardcore prounion group of us have been doing. Present the facts and talk about thier concerns, and encourage everyone pro and non union alike to go to the meetings and find out for themselves.

:1036316054:Thanks for all the good advice. Rocketman I couldnt agree with you more, that is what the hardcore prounion group of us have been doing. Present the facts and talk about thier concerns, and encourage everyone pro and non union alike to go to the meetings and find out for themselves.

How are you guy's making out?

How are you guy's making out?

We are all in all doing very well. I have been collecting ideas from all the road guys ( I'm a RDDR), on what the most important issues are, in their opinon. My way of thinking is if we can get all the issues that are already covered by the Indy contract addressed early on, that will allow us more time to work on the issues that we need to address in our local/regional rider.:smilie_132:

Word here is some Indy people like the contract, some don't It's a good contract for the city drivers, dock workers ,and clerks. As far as road drivers go,not good for us. As far as going to your local, They will tell you anything to get your foot in the door. What about the guy from Indy that got his you know what kicked in St.Louis? Could not give straight answers about the Indy contract and he got beat so bad, it ended him up in the hospital. I know this for sure because my run is to St.Louis. $88.00 a month for union dues and $150.00 a week for insurance. They better pay us about $1.00 a mile if that's the case.

Word here is some Indy people like the contract, some don't It's a good contract for the city drivers, dock workers ,and clerks. As far as road drivers go,not good for us. As far as going to your local, They will tell you anything to get your foot in the door. What about the guy from Indy that got his you know what kicked in St.Louis? Could not give straight answers about the Indy contract and he got beat so bad, it ended him up in the hospital. I know this for sure because my run is to St.Louis. $88.00 a month for union dues and $150.00 a week for insurance. They better pay us about $1.00 a mile if that's the case.

You say not so good for road drivers. Lets here the facts. What is not so good compared to what the Indy road drivers had before? Our local has told us exactly the way it is. If they did not know the answer, they would state that. Our local has been right up front about the whole process. You say $150.00 per week for Insurance under the Indy contract??? Did you mean per month. More facts please.

No offense but you come on here once in a blue moon and your post don't carry many facts. As far as the medical. Everybody knows by now it's $50 for single,$100 for 1 dependant and $150 for family. That is monthly. I guess the guy you spoke to didn't know that. Dues are usually around 2 1/2 x's your hourly rate rounded to the closest dollar. Example hourly rate $22.15. Your dues would be $55 for the month.
As for the dues your trying to say they are going to be all most 4x's your hourly rate. Sounds more like dues for the parcel guys which are making around $30 an hour. We got guys on here from STL and Indy. How come nobody's heard about this? Why would somebody be beat up because he didn't have the exact anwers? Sounds like more anti-union propoganda.

I am calling BULLSH!T 150 a week for insurance .I hope you get offended Because this is a flat out lie:chairshot:

No offense but you come on here once in a blue moon and your post don't carry many facts. As far as the medical. Everybody knows by now it's $50 for single,$100 for 1 dependant and $150 for family. I guess the guy you spoke to didn't know that. Dues are usually around 2 1/2 x's your hourly rate.
As for the dues your trying to say they are going to be all most 4x's your hourly rate. Sounds more like dues for the parcel guys which are making around $30 an hour. We got guys on here from STL and Indy. How come nobody's heard about this? Why would somebody be beat up because he didn't have the exact anwers? Sounds like more anti-union propoganda.
Boats, Please clarify your numbers ; are these weekly, bi--weekly or monthly figures?? I know the dues are once a [email protected] our hourly rate. It needs to be drilled into our heads.........{especially medical costs.}

others have posted that they pay 3.5 there hourly pay. Our union guy told us contracts will be negoitiated terminal by terminal, others were told different. The union guys are not always 100% right either.

Boats, Please clarify your numbers ; are these weekly, bi--weekly or monthly figures?? I know the dues are once a [email protected] our hourly rate. It needs to be drilled into our heads.........{especially medical costs.}

In other words, your union dues is 2.5 times your hourly rate per month. @ $22.00 per hour it will be $55.00 a month. This could very per local. It is the local that sets the rates.

The $50.00 dollars for the MEDICAL, for a single person, $100.00 for 2 people , $150.00 for 2+. All per month ,or $12.50 a week for single, $25.00 a week for 2, or $37.50 per week 2+.

In other words, your union dues is 2.5 times your hourly rate per month. @ $22.00 per hour it will be $55.00 a month. This could very per local. It is the local that sets the rates.

The $50.00 dollars for the MEDICAL, for a single person, $100.00 for 2 people , $150.00 for 2+. All per month ,or $12.50 a week for single, $25.00 a week for 2, or $37.50 per week 2+.
im paying 60 dollars a week for fam

others have posted that they pay 3.5 there hourly pay. Our union guy told us contracts will be negoitiated terminal by terminal, others were told different. The union guys are not always 100% right either.
O,
I haven't followed every single post here but I can say that in over 25 years as a Teamster I've never heard of the 3 1/2 X your hourly pay formula. The 2 1/2 is pretty much standard. Also, some Locals have additions to the dues, for instance, maybe a $5.00 per month assessment for organizing, or a fund for a new Hall, or whatever. Any of these I've ever known about were voted in by the membership.....not just thrown at them by the Local leaders.

I wish I was paying $88.00 per month....because that would mean I was making about $37.00 per hour.

If we have to give up our 401k company match that equals about $60.00 a week for me plus 2.5 hours amonth union dues seems to be a bit too much to give up to me.

If we have to give up our 401k company match that equals about $60.00 a week for me plus 2.5 hours amonth union dues seems to be a bit too much to give up to me.

Less than 25% of union eligible emplyoees participate in the 401k. You'll need to go at this from a different angle.:hysterical: