TForce | Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

I pay 88 per month, but Local 251 is three times the rate.

28.93 x 3 = 86.79 rounded up plus a $1 surcharge

dues 2 3/4 at our local

Our Local is 3x hourly rate.

dues $663 a year
401k loss per year $3120
$3783 total per year
$315 a month
$72.25 a week
$1.81 per hour in the hole

at the end of the contract we will be paying $65.25 for dues

Less than 25% of union eligible emplyoees participate in the 401k. You'll need to go at this from a different angle.:hysterical:

different angle? He is telling his situation.

dues $663 a year
401k loss per year $3120
$3783 total per year
$315 a month
$72.25 a week

All these so called facts you post are nothing but hearsay posts, and the # for the 401k amount is arbitrary. The fact that only 25% particpate in the 401k is company figures not mine. I happen to be in the 25%, but that is hearsay also. UPS freight is becoming and will be a union company. Go do what I was told months ago. If you want to work for a (non)-union company than just quit, there are plenty of them out there.:biglaugh:

Are you sure you haven't been through the MAPPs program, if anyone doesn't have the same opinion as you there whining?

show me my facts are wrong.

Are you sure you haven't been through the MAPPs program, if anyone doesn't have the same opinion as you there whining?

show me my facts are wrong.

This is not a court room and your facts are your facts. I do not share your facts on the facts.:hysterical: The toothpaste is out of the tube, good luck putting it back!:biglaugh::funky:

dues $663 a year
401k loss per year $3120
$3783 total per year
$315 a month
$72.25 a week

OKAY I'LL bite, we will be loosing the 401 match. but for us city drivers we are getting overtime after 8, in my case 5 hrs. per week.

5 x 33\hr. = $8580.00 per 52 weeks average. particularly if OT is distributed by seniority.

Dues per month, $55.00 , $660.00 per year, 2.5 times my regular pay, per month.

$3120.00 a year loss for 401, no, I can submit the monies myself, no loss. This is something I would do anyway.

Now the INS. well that remains to be seen, but if I go by the current contract in INDY, I pay $360.00 per month with the total lineup in benefits now.

$360 per month x 12 = $4320.00 per year, Over a period of 5 years, $21,600.00

$ 150.00 per month "INDY" X12 $1800.00 PER YEAR X FIVE YEARS $9000.00.

Just the INS. alone is a significant savings for a city driver, take that money and put it in your 401. Furthermore it is the savings on the INS. most of us will recieve, just thinking longterm I will make out better with a contract.

$12,000 dollar savings in the contract every year, WOW I
could put this into my 401.

5 HRS. OT per week $8580 per year x 5 years is $42,000.00 combine this with the INS. savings I get $54,000.00 for 5 years, subtract my dues for that 5 years I get $3300.00 = $50,000 for 5 years.

Subtract my 401 loss,$15,000 for 5 years 35000,00 dollar gain in 5 years.

I win, even with the current contract, I could take a day off and still get 5 hrs.OT. I take one day off now I loose all the OT, and your complaining about your INS. costs going up $15.00 per week. And the monies per hr. is a $4.00 per hr. raise over 5 years, these figures will change for the better, giving a bigger savings, while the loss on the 401 stays the same. that $35000.00 over 5 years will only increase in my favor.

Your loss on the 401 and the extra monies you will be loosing per week for the INS. holds no water, in comparison to what you will gain, over the period of 5 years.

but you are assuming overtime is a fact and it will not be they are talking about holding all part time to 5 hrs a day and full time at 40 hrs my quote about the 401k loss is real money!! I am very concerned about this issue.

but you are assuming overtime is a fact and it will not be they are talking about holding all part time to 5 hrs a day and full time at 40 hrs my quote about the 401k loss is real money!! I am very concerned about this issue.

I get, on avarage, 5 hours a week, overtime. currently I do not get overtime because we do not get paid OT until after 41. This in itself is a gain, in the run I have there is not enough freight to split the run, but is enough to get 10 hrs. a week OT. even if they give me only 5 HRS. a week, I will still gain. The 401 I will miss, but I am not going to base my retirement solely on $3000 per year loss, I currently put more then that in it now, besides if only 25% of the company ( actual #'s) UPS will eventually put this somehwhere else to distribute the funds equally. Besides when it gets busy not having OT is an impractical thought even if it is only 5 hrs. a week.

yes you may gain but I would be surprised if everybody across the company were to consistantly recieve overtime the 401 k is for all to recieve no matter how heavy the work volume is remember they can always reduce overtime 3 1/2 % company match is hard to walk away from like I said I am very concerned about this you claim only 25% participate in 401k I find that hard to believe we have about 100 employees and I know of only 1 that doesnt have it that is eligible...

yes you may gain but I would be surprised if everybody across the company were to consistantly recieve overtime the 401 k is for all to recieve no matter how heavy the work volume is remember they can always reduce overtime 3 1/2 % company match is hard to walk away from like I said I am very concerned about this you claim only 25% participate in 401k I find that hard to believe we have about 100 employees and I know of only 1 that doesnt have it that is eligible...

This info was on UPSERS .COM last year some time ,it was a company wide %, which is a pretty big #. Again I apoligize if I did not make that known earlier, as far as the OT is concearned you are right, the 3.5% it's free money, but in comparison too the gains we get more in return just in insurance savings.

OT will always be with us, even the package guy's maintain an avreage of 5 hrs. per week. when it gets busy a good portion of people will see 5 hrs. OT a week.

so you can't do it?

No, I don't give a crap about you or your B.S. I have better things to due than argue with a computer screen. Good luck with what ever problems you have, I am not going to help you change them. That is up to a majority of your fellow workers. Democracy sucks sometimes!:hysterical:

Well, dues , co- pays for office visits & prescriptions(out of packet expenses) are tax deductible and do not have to reach any precentage of gross income. Hopefully we will be One Company One Union soon & will only have to pay for Union dues @ `our` hourly 2.5 scale...............>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi there, this is Nightwalker1116 wife. I read all your replys and yes your right, my husband isn't on here all the time. I'm on here more than him is a matter of fact. I am very interested in my husband's job. We discuss his job all the time. The reason is: This is both his and mine future. Allot of you on here it seems to me is all allot of you want is better working conditions, and so what about the $$$$$$. My exhusband found out that after paying $100.00 a week for insurance, the company was supposed to pay all along. Well, it took them a few years to win, but now the company has to pay for the insurance. Plus they got all the money they payed for, for all them years. You have to fight for your survival now a days. I feel if UPS don't want to match your 401K, then they should pay for your insurance. If they don't want to match your 401K anymore, then let it be that you can take your money out when you want to. Just my opinion on what should be negosiated,(oops might of spelled that wrong,sorry) and my husband thinks so to. We'll see what happens. Just sit and think about everything and don't jump the gun just like Indy did. And there are allot of you out there. Thank you for letting me have my say. Take care and drive safely.

Welcome to the boards Mrs. Nightwalker. I don't think we were ever going to get a contract that people didn't complain about. Just like every other contract. A lot of people were expecting something unrealistic. The goods are OT,delay pay,$4.65/10cpm over length of the contract,which by the end of the contract we'll be the highest paid freighthaulers,grievance procedures,still got a pension,work rules,price on medical frozen for the lenght of the contract.. Don't have to wait for the last minute for UPS to let us know we're getting a raise. Bads are loss the 401k company match,which most people knew they were going to lose,split raises which happend to us now being non-union,still got to pay for medical,some complain about paying dues which are tax deductable. This contract is going to be good and bad depending in which ever way the person wants to see it.

Welcome to the boards Mrs. Nightwalker. I don't think we were ever going to get a contract that people didn't complain about. Just like every other contract. A lot of people were expecting something unrealistic. The goods are OT,delay pay,$4.65/10cpm over length of the contract,which by the end of the contract we'll be the highest paid freighthaulers,grievance procedures,still got a pension,work rules,price on medical frozen for the lenght of the contract.. Don't have to wait for the last minute for UPS to let us know we're getting a raise. Bads are loss the 401k company match,which most people knew they were going to lose,split raises which happend to us now being non-union,still got to pay for medical,some complain about paying dues which are tax deductable. This contract is going to be good and bad depending in which ever way the person wants to see it.

Yeah but where is my golden egg?????!!!!!!! LOL.....Also where you going to go to beat it???

There are so many holes in this post, 65.25

OKAY I'LL bite, we will be loosing the 401 match. but for us city drivers we are getting overtime after 8, in my case 5 hrs. per week.

5 x 33\hr. = $8580.00 per 52 weeks average. particularly if OT is distributed by seniority.

you used $22/hr so I will also Currently if you worked 5 hrs of ot it would be $8008 a year

so yes you get an advantage of $572 a year so far

Dues per month, $55.00 , $660.00 per year, 2.5 times my regular pay, per month.

but this goes up every year at the fifth year you will pay $783 a year

$3120.00 a year loss for 401, no, I can submit the monies myself, no loss. This is something I would do anyway.

how are you gonna submit the money yourself with additional paycheck deductions?
that is an extra $60 a week you have to subtract, just to stay on par, or $1.50 an hour loss

Now the INS. well that remains to be seen, but if I go by the current contract in INDY, I pay $360.00 per month with the total lineup in benefits now.

$360 per month x 12 = $4320.00 per year, Over a period of 5 years, $21,600.00

$ 150.00 per month "INDY" X12 $1800.00 PER YEAR X FIVE YEARS $9000.00.

Just the INS. alone is a significant savings for a city driver, take that money and put it in your 401. Furthermore it is the savings on the INS. most of us will recieve, just thinking longterm I will make out better with a contract.

again not everyone is paying as much as you actually your paying some of the most I have seen.

you pay $4320 now for ins. and under the contract you will pay $1800 that is a savings of $2520 per year your still short what the company was giving you for your 401k match.

$12,000 dollar savings in the contract every year, WOW I
could put this into my 401.

you SAY $12,000 a year savings, I am SHOWING you a loss

5 HRS. OT per week $8580 per year x 5 years is $42,000.00 combine this with the INS. savings I get $54,000.00 for 5 years, subtract my dues for that 5 years I get $3300.00 = $50,000 for 5 years.

Are you serious? your saying your gonna work 5 hours of ot, and call it a benefit of the contract? Are you not able to work ot now? In 9 months you will get ot after 40 hours. There is no benefit to ot after 8 hours vs ot after 40 hours if you work 40 hours a week, the ot is a wash and like I said your dues increase every year, your still at a loss

Subtract my 401 loss,$15,000 for 5 years 35000,00 dollar gain in 5 years.

you do not have a $35,000 gain

I win, even with the current contract, I could take a day off and still get 5 hrs.OT. I take one day off now I loose all the OT, and your complaining about your INS. costs going up $15.00 per week. And the monies per hr. is a $4.00 per hr. raise over 5 years, these figures will change for the better, giving a bigger savings, while the loss on the 401 stays the same. that $35000.00 over 5 years will only increase in my favor.

If we get a $.60 raise like we did this year over 5 years that is $3.00 that is a $1.00/hr difference over 5 years vs the contract, your dues go up every year, at the end of the contract you will be paying $65.25 a month or $783 a year + your 401k match of $3120(but this amount goes up every year with hourly raises)
is $3903 a year that will be taken away from you that equals out to $1.87/hr loss

the only thing you gain is the difference on the ins. which you even said is $2520 a year that is only a $1.21/hr benefit

with this contract you get a $.66/hr loss using your numbers

Your loss on the 401 and the extra monies you will be loosing per week for the INS. holds no water, in comparison to what you will gain, over the period of 5 years.

like I said earlier here in florida the ins. is cheaper than the indy contract. Employee only costs $7 a week, Employee +1 is $80 a month. How much intrest will your 401k match gain over 5 years? I haven't even started on that.

Seriousily if you think Your gonna gain lets go into detail on each of these benefits one at a time in a seperate thread so it is not all jumbled up everything in this contract is a wash. Even the work rules. Lets start a thread and discuss each "gain".

I have also heard that only 25% of employees participate in the 401k.

but what is funny is I bet that even less actually use the ins. That they pay for. Or so fiercely defend the cost of.

It has been posted here that there is no delay pay, it is forced dock work, that is not true delay pay. Currently most drivers have the choice of working or waiting but currently we do get real delay pay if held 1 hour past yout scheduled depart time. But this goes away.

I have also heard that only 25% of employees participate in the 401k.

but what is funny is I bet that even less actually use the ins. That they pay for. Or so fiercely defend the cost of.

It has been posted here that there is no delay pay, it is forced dock work, that is not true delay pay. Currently most drivers have the choice of working or waiting but currently we do get real delay pay if held 1 hour past yout scheduled depart time. But this goes away.
You forgot to mention that delay pay is not at full rate. Your trying to tell me they are going to make all the rddr's work the dock. How about in the big hubs,HRS,GAF,SOF,MEM,etc.etc. That's not going to happen. They might get away with it in the mini-hubs. How about the rddr's that do meets? Are we going to be forced to work at the TA,,Flying J,Petro,etc,etc? How about when your at your home terminal waiting to get loads. We're printing out your bills. We're running late go strip a trailer while we finish. Not pratical. We all know you don't care for the contract and supposedly you won't benefit from it. But let me tell you there are a lot of people that will. Just in the ins. alone. I pay $173 a month for + 1 dependant. Our medical goes up every yr. So how much of a raise do we really get. The ones that don't benefit from this contract your not going to here me give you the sales pitch. A lot of guys on here know this story. I worked with a guy at another terminal. He was really against the teamsters. He was one of these guys that would sit on the PRB. Anyway long story short he got in a accident. No one got hurt. Weather was really bad. Only damage was to the tractor and the guard rail. He got terminated went to the PRB. Our TM which liked him crumbled like a cookie and threw him under the bus. First words out of his mouth were if we were union I'd still have my job. 15yrs down the drain and yes accidents can happen to even supertruckers.