TForce | Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

I didn't say all rddr's will be working, I said it was posted here that in indie all rddr's are going to be either sweeping trailers out or somthing to stay busy.

In my opinion the whole thing is gonna change delays will be kept to a minuim freight will be sped up.

We were told last week that the hub is switching to a sunday thru thursday operation all freight willl be at the hub by 8pm, that takes late trailers out of the equation arriving at svc centers on monday morning and puts the ball in there hands.

I have been to the jax parcel hub and have seen there operations work like this.

road driver pulls up to a lane and gets out a lane attendant unkooks from the set jockey takes them off and reaks them the lane attendant fuels the tractor and either parks it or hooks it to the next set, I think the jockeys already have the outbound sets hooked.

you are on here more than hubby w/7 posts,,, do you go to the meetings with him too?

No wassesname I don't go to the meetings with him. You know why? Because theres been no meeting yet here. And when there is a meeting, NO i won't be going. I might be forced by the Teamsters to sign a card before they would let me in.

Welcome to the boards Mrs. Nightwalker. I don't think we were ever going to get a contract that people didn't complain about. Just like every other contract. A lot of people were expecting something unrealistic. The goods are OT,delay pay,$4.65/10cpm over length of the contract,which by the end of the contract we'll be the highest paid freighthaulers,grievance procedures,still got a pension,work rules,price on medical frozen for the lenght of the contract.. Don't have to wait for the last minute for UPS to let us know we're getting a raise. Bads are loss the 401k company match,which most people knew they were going to lose,split raises which happend to us now being non-union,still got to pay for medical,some complain about paying dues which are tax deductable. This contract is going to be good and bad depending in which ever way the person wants to see it.

Thank you Boats for welcoming me. That's very kind of you, not like wassesname. Thank you again.

Thank you Boats for welcoming me. That's very kind of you, not like wassesname. Thank you again.

Different strokes for different folks. Your very welcome. I value my co-workers opinions even if they differ from mine and their spouses. Post away as you feel. Glad to have you onboard.:1036316054:

There are so many holes in this post, 65.25

you used $22/hr so I will also Currently if you worked 5 hrs of ot it would be $8008 a year

so yes you get an advantage of $572 a year so far

but this goes up every year at the fifth year you will pay $783 a year

how are you gonna submit the money yourself with additional paycheck deductions?
that is an extra $60 a week you have to subtract, just to stay on par, or $1.50 an hour loss

again not everyone is paying as much as you actually your paying some of the most I have seen.

you pay $4320 now for ins. and under the contract you will pay $1800 that is a savings of $2520 per year your still short what the company was giving you for your 401k match.

you SAY $12,000 a year savings, I am SHOWING you a loss

Are you serious? your saying your gonna work 5 hours of ot, and call it a benefit of the contract? Are you not able to work ot now? In 9 months you will get ot after 40 hours. There is no benefit to ot after 8 hours vs ot after 40 hours if you work 40 hours a week, the ot is a wash and like I said your dues increase every year, your still at a loss

you do not have a $35,000 gain

If we get a $.60 raise like we did this year over 5 years that is $3.00 that is a $1.00/hr difference over 5 years vs the contract, your dues go up every year, at the end of the contract you will be paying $65.25 a month or $783 a year + your 401k match of $3120(but this amount goes up every year with hourly raises)
is $3903 a year that will be taken away from you that equals out to $1.87/hr loss

the only thing you gain is the difference on the ins. which you even said is $2520 a year that is only a $1.21/hr benefit

with this contract you get a $.66/hr loss using your numbers

like I said earlier here in florida the ins. is cheaper than the indy contract. Employee only costs $7 a week, Employee +1 is $80 a month. How much intrest will your 401k match gain over 5 years? I haven't even started on that.

Seriousily if you think Your gonna gain lets go into detail on each of these benefits one at a time in a seperate thread so it is not all jumbled up everything in this contract is a wash. Even the work rules. Lets start a thread and discuss each "gain".

OKAY, You got me on the dues for 5 years, but I will still gain in fixed amounts except for the dues for 5 years, and increases that are increases, and not a poor excuse for a raise to keep my mouth shut like we were a part of this year. My $.30 went to my ins. increase this year, and my additional $.30 in june will go to fuel to get to work, so what did we get for an increase this year, Are you George Busch the dictator in disguise.

Please, pick apart something that makes scence please. I am not stupid and the day to day figures do not lie. and I am sure there are many more that will agree, even with the adjustment in dues I will gain $35000.00 more over a period of 5 years. In comparison to now, and I can see where the additional $12.00 dollars a week in ins. costs may break you. God forbid if I paid that per week.

At $33.00 x5 hrs. per week equates to $165.00 per week currently, that is OT per week, even with a holiday or a day off, as opposed to now.

The savings are there honey, all you have to do is look for them!:chairshot:

Hello everyone. Nightwalker says sorry but he meant $150.00 a month. Ya know, just came off the road and was tired. I'm sure it's happened to some of you. And you know what..... this thread is called Rumors Rumors Rumors isn't it? We are just saying what we've heard. And what happened to "Freedom of Speech"? Thank you and take care. Oh, and things are going great Accelerator, thank you for asking.

I will make this simple using your numbers, this over 5 years at 40 hours a week going union

401k loss $15,600

regular raises $6240 (.60 a year)

dues $4,322

total you lose $26,162 (with the intrest of the 401k it would be $32,162)

--------------------------------------------

by going union you gain

Ins cost $21,600 ($360 a month)

union ins. $9,000 ($150 a month)

you save $12,600

union raises

first year $1456
second year $1560
third year $1664
fourth year $1768
fifth year $1872

total $8320

total gain $20,920

I don't understand what your saying about gaining in overtime with the ot after 8. With a system like that you only gain in very certian situations. Can you show me an example.

lets say your 401k gains 5% a year for 5 years which is below average. (9% is a real world average, I have my 401k split into 2 accounts 1 earned 17% last year the other 19%)

Starting in with $3120 and depositing $3120 every year for 4 more years at the end of 5 years you have $21,613.57 your match of $15,600 earned $6,000 in intrest in 5 years.

so it is $26,162 vs $20,920 that is a $5,242 loss over 5 years by going union, This is your situation not mine I don't even gain on the ins. I lose on that also.

I will make this simple using your numbers, this over 5 years at 40 hours a week going union

401k loss $15,600

regular raises $6240 (.60 a year)

dues $4,322

total you lose $26,162 (with the intrest of the 401k it would be $32,162)

--------------------------------------------

by going union you gain

Ins cost $21,600 ($360 a month)

union ins. $9,000 ($150 a month)

you save $12,600

union raises

first year $1456
second year $1560
third year $1664
fourth year $1768
fifth year $1872

total $8320

total gain $20,920

I don't understand what your saying about gaining in overtime with the ot after 8. With a system like that you only gain in very certian situations. Can you show me an example.

lets say your 401k gains 5% a year for 5 years which is below average. (9% is a real world average, I have my 401k split into 2 accounts 1 earned 17% last year the other 19%)

Starting in with $3120 and depositing $3120 every year for 4 more years at the end of 5 years you have $21,613.57 your match of $15,600 earned $6,000 in intrest in 5 years.

so it is $26,162 vs $20,920 that is a $5,242 loss over 5 years by going union, This is your situation not mine I don't even gain on the ins. I lose on that also.

How do you come up with $3120 as a match? At $55000 per year(that is the average) The match is 50 cents per $1 up to 7% that would be $1925. You would have to earn $90000 to get the match you are stating. To do a fair comparison you have to use the average, not the highest salary ever paid out? And who says everyone puts in the full 7%? Again use an average, say 3.5%. And don't forget to take out those pesky taxes from your 401K, the IRS doesn't! Am I missing something here? you do state $15600 match loss over 5 years. Dude, if you are earning $90000 a year and crying about your ins going up $233 per year and being frozen for that cost for five years, you need to see a doctor! Because you are NUTS!:toxic:

How do you come up with $3120 as a match? At $55000 per year(that is the average) The match is 50 cents per $1 up to 7% that would be $1925. You would have to earn $90000 to get the match you are stating. To do a fair comparison you have to use the average, not the highest salary ever paid out? And who says everyone puts in the full 7%? Again use an average, say 3.5%. And don't forget to take out those pesky taxes from your 401K, the IRS doesn't! Am I missing something here? you do state $15600 match loss over 5 years. Dude, if you are earning $90000 a year and crying about your ins going up $233 per year and being frozen for that cost for five years, you need to see a doctor! Because you are NUTS!:toxic:

Taxes cannot be involved in this debate.

Post 38 is who brought 3120 as there match. It wasn't me or Accel. We both used his numbers.

55 is not the average by far, to get a match of $60 you need to make $88k 1700, not $1925 if you made $1925 a week your match would be $67.37 a week $3500 a year.

my match was $3000 last year.

There are road drivers making over 100k now

55k will be what a city guy makes at 40 hours at the end of the contract, that is not average.

If you want to get technical the tax situation would benefit the non union worker becuase any money put into his 401k is not taxable 100% of that goes into the 401k and you earn intrest on that amount, it puts you in a lower tax bracket if you make 80k you only have to pay taxes on about 68k.

Are you forgetting every year with the raises the 401k contribution will go up I used the same 3120 for all 5 years becuase I knew 88k a year is not average. But I am not trying to figuire up what the average person gets I am using figuires already in this thread.

Why are you stuck on the cost of ins. Show me where I am wrong, I showed a $6000 loss, use your numbers and show a gain. I am still scratching my head over the $12,000 per year gain.

you can't show me a gain so you resort to name calling and you wonder why every terminal manager has put a target on your back? Stick to the facts and prove me wrong if you can. I have asked you this many times and you have never been able to.

Post 38 is who brought 3120 as there match. It wasn't me or Accel. We both used his numbers.

55 is not the average by far, to get a match of $60 you need to make $88k 1700, not $1925 if you made $1925 a week your match would be $67.37 a week $3500 a year.

my match was $3000 last year.

There are road drivers making over 100k now

55k will be what a city guy makes at 40 hours at the end of the contract, that is not average.

If you want to get technical the tax situation would benefit the non union worker becuase any money put into his 401k is not taxable 100% of that goes into the 401k and you earn intrest on that amount, it puts you in a lower tax bracket if you make 80k you only have to pay taxes on about 68k.

Are you forgetting every year with the raises the 401k contribution will go up I used the same 3120 for all 5 years becuase I knew 88k a year is not average. But I am not trying to figuire up what the average person gets I am using figuires already in this thread.

Why are you stuck on the cost of ins. Show me where I am wrong, I showed a $6000 loss, use your numbers and show a gain. I am still scratching my head over the $12,000 per year gain.

you can't show me a gain so you resort to name calling and you wonder why every terminal manager has put a target on your back? Stick to the facts and prove me wrong if you can. I have asked you this many times and you have never been able to.

So you got a $3000 match? So you make around $88000 a year? The base salary as of 2-20-08 is $45344. I am not living 5 years from now, I live today. I've added a very generous amount of ot to make $55,000 average. On average a guy puts in .035% into his 401k, that is $1925 per year, match would be $962.50. Again this is an average. Not using the highest salary to make my point or the lowest. The average guy is how you reach the masses on your point. :1036316054:

like I said, I did not bring the 3120 into this conersation.

If a road driver made 55-60k he is only working 3-4 days a week.

Ok, If I use your Average of 55k that is an average of 5.6 hours of OT. Right

I am not gonna use your average of one half 3.5% Everyone knows you have to put in 7% to get the full match.

And actually the $380 for ins is not average that is high. But Again I am not using my numbers to sway this the way I want it to go.

You obviousily don't understand what I am saying about 5 years from now. Every year the salary will go up, your 401k contributions will go up. At the end of the contract A city driver will make almost 55k at 40 hours. That is why you can't use $1925 for all five years

A road driver running 400 miles a day will make $78,819 at the end of the contract.

78,819 x.035 = $2758 in contributions

That is counting no delay pay and a single turn route, 1.4 for drops and hooks and .1 for fuel this is a real world average.

now take the same 5.6 hours you say is average and at the end of the contract a city driver makes
40 x 26.1 = 1044
5.6 x 39.15 = 219.24
1263 a week 65k a year
401k match of $2299
2299 + 1925 = 4244 / 2 =an average of $2112 for the 5 years
total contribution over 5 years $10,560

Using your numbers your still at a $1000 loss.

UPS had all of this figuired out there is a break even point somewhere, and they know it. If you average 40 hours a week and don't participate in the 401k then that is probaly the break even point of the contract, they know how many people are in that situation, if your working more than 45 hours a week and participating in the 401k then you will lose money in the contract.

all this debate about money could be a waste if you get fired for something stupid.

This debate over money is not stupid it is how we feed our families. I apoligize for putting some thought in this process.

your term not mine.

I don't come to work with my fingers crossed hoping to the freight ferries that nothing stupid happens.

I take responsibility for my actions.