TForce | Saftey Classes

Well if you can't laugh...Then all you can do is cry so I think it is the way to go.....And damn everyone is so serious....Shed a little light and laugh alittle.....Besides I can't let ACC one - up me.......Now that don't good....Kind a nasty??????
Ok now thats funny stuff.....:hysterical: :smilie_132:

Yes i can see it now, I'm in the yard trying to get hooked up, forget to take my key with me and lock it up,,,,,,, just when i go to latch my dolly to my front trailer, it takes off in a cloud of dust, disapears out the front gate, never to be seen again.
Wow I'd pay money to see that:hysterical: :funky: :biglaugh:

Our service center yard has a posted speed limit of 5 miles per hour.
But its just our human nature to go faster then what the signs say.
I did a few ride arounds bobtailing to check the best yard speed given the size of our yard.
The safety department said it was up to the TM's to set the safest speed.

So I found 10 to be the best.
My TM said we could go over 5,but not go over 15.
A check back with the safety department said nobody is to go faster then 15.
So there you have it,should you come to our yard you can go over 5,but no faster then 15.

We've been driving long enough to see when someone is going fast,or not.
I personally think our speed limit is good for good weather,slower in the bad weather.
We want everyone to live good healthy lives so we can get our freight delivered,and our workers home,safe,and sound to enjoy their loved ones.

In all of my 44 years in trucking I never seen anyone that needed to ware a seat belt on any sit down fork lift.
And should one ever go flying off the dock,even though I'm a safety trainer I still say I wouldn't want to be strapped on something that heavy,if it slides on a dock floor due to being wet,or snowy.

But with all of that said.
UPS says ware the seatbelt,its their fork lift,on their dock,and they are paying us by the hour to put it on,and take it off when we get on,and off.

In all of my 44 years in trucking I never seen anyone that needed to ware a seat belt on any sit down fork lift.
And should one ever go flying off the dock,even though I'm a safety trainer I still say I wouldn't want to be strapped on something that heavy,if it slides on a dock floor due to being wet,or snowy.

But with all of that said.
UPS says ware the seatbelt,its their fork lift,on their dock,and they are paying us by the hour to put it on,and take it off when we get on,and off.

They claim that if you were to try and jump off the lift while going off the dock the lift could land on top of you. They claim it is safer to stay with the lift while you are crashing. Either way, I would not want to test this out. Besides, with the new rules you would have to put an orange cone on the ground before you crash. This would take some precise timing.

They claim that if you were to try and jump off the lift while going off the dock the lift could land on top of you. They claim it is safer to stay with the lift while you are crashing. Either way, I would not want to test this out. Besides, with the new rules you would have to put an orange cone on the ground before you crash. This would take some precise timing.

Nothing like riding that baby to the bitter end!! I read somewhere that something like 80% of people that go over the edge are killed. They do no say if they tried to jump from the lift or were straped in. I saw one once. The guy landed on all fours but screwed up his back bad. Not pretty.

A long time ago on one winter day,The snow was blowing across the dock I was driving my companys forklift on.
It was real sippery.
The TM I had at that time parked his car close to our back dock steps.
Well needless to say,I came around the corner of our dock,and started sliding toward the edge of the dock.
Thank God I got my back wheels stuck on an I beam between the doors,or I would of landed on the hood of the TM's car.
He changed his parking place after that.
I think it would of been a softer landing on his car rather then falling all the way down on the black top.
We didn't have seat belts back then.
I'm sure I could of jumped free of this motor before it crashed.
It all worked out,that everything was ok.