TForce | Saftey Classes

:TR10driving03: I learned that i need to wear my vest to keep from getting ran over:redneck:

Welcome to the boards bullet. You also must remember to wear your vest with the reflective tape on the outside. There is a whole series of videos on this subject alone.

I'd like to share and I thought maybe some of you could share what you have learned in safety class today at UPS Freight.

In the past couple of days I've learned;

That I should tie my boot laces or I'll trip and fall,

There's no running with scissors on company property, :funky:

A seat belt at 5 MPH saves lives, :hysterical:

I also learned to Just say NO. :smilie_132:

:hide:

Fill me please with what you have learned today. I must learn more, My life is incomplete without these revetting UPS Freight safety tips.
Well I'm sure that most of you will agree that this is a joke .I just want the extra hours we get going to all the meetings. Here in Indy our saftey is really funny ..I over heard them talking early in the week that even they say it's a joke.Now thats some funny stuff.

Because you could slip and chip a tooth...Time lost and money spent....Save Save Save!!!!!!!!! They are working on elevators for P&D guys to be lifted safely in and out of their trailers......And line-haul is getting a handicap lift for the driver seat....But they are stuck on how to get us wider parking space to accomidate the trucks and its loading and unloading euipment
For now that is all....we gone
Hey guys I got to hand it to you. If I need a good laugh,this is were I can come and get it. this stuff is better than Saturday Night Live.:1036316054: :hysterical:

I don't care who thinks safety is a joke.
Safety is for everyones benefit.
Now am I brainwashed,or what?

But being a city driver working on my 44th year,
I've learned that safety should be everyones first thought on their minds to have a quality life,and be able to return home safe,and sound to their loved ones.
AND THATS REALLY NO JOKE!! in my opinion.

I could definatley use an elevator, and if I am lucky enough to drive a road truck, which I am, a handicaped elevator.

I think I will write this in my work rules, when I present my contract, for my union. Rite next too layover pay for lunch. A seceratary, and valet parking.
Yes sir I will second that.:biglaugh: :hysterical:

Welcome to the boards bullet. You also must remember to wear your vest with the reflective tape on the outside. There is a whole series of videos on this subject alone.
Yes and be sure you go to your TM tell him you must clock in and watch them all so you can be safe..It's this weeks company policy, next week it will be changed..thats the way it is at Indy,:hysterical: :biglaugh:

JOKE???
Come on now just-me do you ever see people laughing at the scene of any trucking accidents that have caused the loss of someones life?

A split second mistake could make all the difference between life,and death,driving the big rigs.
So your really joking about safety being a joke,RIGHT?

I've learned that safety should be everyones first thought on their minds to have a quality life,and be able to return home safe,and sound to their loved ones.
ur rite I guess I was just being a little Hard on ,on the bev.:hysterical:

JOKE???
Come on now just-me do you ever see people laughing at the scene of any trucking accidents that have caused the loss of someones life?

A split second mistake could make all the difference between life,and death,driving the big rigs.
So your really joking about safety being a joke,RIGHT?

APO, LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. If the people you work for do not put the effort into what they expect, and rules are good for some, and not other's, our saftey mission is a joke.

I think, and I am quite sure, alot of people will agree, I do not want to get hit by a switcher, nor the person who got hit by the switcher ( god bless his soul , as well as the family)
and I am sure, the switcher in question did not want to partake in the malitious event of killing someone.

We are not mocking what you take serious, we are mocking those who make the rules , but do not follow them, this is the joke.....

Just the attitude you have can make you safer.
If your always down and negative,not caring about anything your very prone to mess up.
But if your upbeat,having a positive attitude.
You'll generaly be watching what your doing,and where your going.
Less likely to make careless mistakes.

I've heard it said it takes more mussles to frown then it does to smile.

I'm a happy sort of a guy,and I feel I'm safer for it.

Why not give it a try,and see if I may know what I'm talking about.
Mark my words you'll be a lot better off.

15 yrs of NO accidents or tickets tells me that I have COMMON SENSE and I don't need to be treated like a 5 yr. old. :chairshot:

I agree!!!

But 5 mph in the yard with a seat belt on, saves what? Keys out of the ignition does what? 5 mph in the yard = you and I loosing time and money. Keys out of the ignition = you and I loosing time and money

Hey guys I got to hand it to you. If I need a good laugh,this is were I can come and get it. this stuff is better than Saturday Night Live.:1036316054: :hysterical:

Well if you can't laugh...Then all you can do is cry so I think it is the way to go.....And damn everyone is so serious....Shed a little light and laugh alittle.....Besides I can't let ACC one - up me.......Now that don't good....Kind a nasty??????

Well if you can't laugh...Then all you can do is cry so I think it is the way to go.....And damn everyone is so serious....Shed a little light and laugh alittle.....Besides I can't let ACC one - up me.......Now that don't good....Kind a nasty??????

I AM KEEPING MY EYES ON YOU.....

Drivers HELLO!!!
How hard is it to get in the routine of sliding the key out of the ignition,with your right hand,then get out of the tractor,locking the door then dropping the key in your right back pocket?

I find it more comfortable to carry my wallet in my left rear pocket,which leaves my right rear pocket empty.

When your ready to depart the stop,you come back,reach down in your right back pocket get the key unlock the door,then pop the key back into the ignition?

If you do this at every stop,after a few days it will be a habit,you'll just do it as part of your daily activites.

Or you can just do what you want,leave to key in the switch,and have the chance of some wacko,or a young kid jumping behind the wheel and doing mega damage before your rig is so trashed it won't run anymore.
Yes the choice is yours.
But if your working for UPS I'm sure you'll make the right choice,or you'll be looking for work elsewhere.

A word to the wise should be good enough.

Yes, and we should let the maintenance department know that they should keep plenty of starters and ignition switches in stock. And we should also have the phone numbers for the local tow truck company's as 90% of the junks won't make it through the day.

I have not heard ONE word nor have I seen one document from any managment or safety people in this company about cone's, vests. key's in the ignition, ECT, ECT. HOW'S THAT FOR SAFETY!!!!Still a joke!!!